Lost and Found

Little Brother

9 year old Jinki ran around his room looking for his soccer shoes but couldn't seem to find them. 5 year old Jongdae walked into his older brother's room, with his tie in his right hand and his backpack in his left, hoping his older brother would help him.

    "Jinki hyung, can you help?" Jongdae pleaded.

    "I wish I could Dae but I'm kind of busy." Jinki disappeared into his closet.

Jongdae pouted and noticed Jinki's soccer shoes under his bed. He quietly put his bag down and grabbed the shoes, hiding them behind his back.

     "What are you looking for?" Jongdae innocently asked.

    "My soccer shoes. If I don't have them for practice tonight, couch will send me home!" Jinki ran his hand through his auburn hair in frustration.

Jongdae nodded and noticed one of Jinki's MP3 players, sitting on the bedside table, looking lonely.

    "If I find your shoes, can I have your MP3 player?" Jongdae asked, quietly putting the shoes in his bag without his brother noticing.

Jinki looked at innocent looking Jongdae, holding his tie out and scoffed.

    "If you find my shoes before practice, I'll give you my old MP3 players and do your homework for a month, but I doubt you will if I can't find them." Jinki got off his bed and took the tie from the young boy.

    "And no more ttakbam." Jongdae added.

Jinki looked at Jongdae while he was tying the young boy's tie and raised an eyebrow.

    "Really? Ok then." Jinki chuckled.

Jongdae smiled as he will no longer be pinned to the ground and threatened to be flicked. Jinki adjusted Jongdae's shirt collar in time when their mother called them down.

    "Boys you're going to be late for school!"

Jinki's eyes widened and he went back to looking for his shoes. Jongdae exited the room with a confident smile, he was definitely getting that MP3 player. All day Jinki was worried about finding his shoes and missing practice that he didn't notice when his crush complimented that his outfit actually matched for once. He just hummed and kept walking, leaving his poor crush behind. Jongdae looked surprised when he saw his brother totally ignore his crush, Jinki would've died to have moment to speak with them. Jonghyun, Jinki's best friend, looked as confused as Jongdae did but didn't press the matter because if Jinki realized it he would panic. Soccer practice came around and while everyone was putting on their uniforms, Jinki waited outside of the locker room for Jongdae.

    "I swear if that pup doesn't bring my shoes, I will-" Jinki stopped himself when he heard running footsteps.

Jongdae ran down the halls with Jinki's shoes in his arms and huge smile.

    "I got them hyung! So I can has your MP3 player?" Jongdae beamed.

    "Yes, you can. Thank you Dae." Jinki hugged his little brother before disappearing into the locker room.

Jongdae smirked and walked back down the hall to the entrance, where his father was waiting. Hours pass as Jongdae was doing his homework in his room while listening to music on his new MP3 player when Jinki barged and took the MP3 player away.

    "Hey that's mine!" Jongdae protested.

    "No it's not. I knew you hide my shoes in your bag, you're not exactly the sneaky type." Jinki scoffed.

    "But-"

Jongdae was flicked on the forehead, making him jump back.

    "Ow! You're a meanie" Jongdae exclaimed.

    "You deserve it, you liar." Jinki snarled.

    "Well your crush didn't deserve being ignored!" Jongdae pouted.

    "I ignored Kibum?!" Jinki's demeanor quickly changed.

    "Yes, Jjong saw it too."

Jinki ran out of the room in a panic, making Jongdae smile because Jinki dropped them MP3 player in the process. Jongdae stepped forward and picked up the poor music device.

    "Look what I found."