Please Don't Tell On Me!

Little Brother

Two years later, Jinki was really starting to regret having a brother. He would always be in the middle of reading something when Jongdae takes the book from him and throws it to the ground causing him to walk away in frustration. He refuses to play when the toddler hands him a building block, always finding a way to get away. One day, Jinki has finally had enough and snapped because of the toddler. Jinki was reading a book he was assigned to read for class when he felt someone trying to climb onto the couch. He sighed and looked at Jongdae, who managed to pull himself up and sit next to his older brother.

     "What do you want, Dae?" Jinki sighed.

Jongdae moved closer and pushed the book out of Jinki's hands, making his brother's hands ball up in anger. He then held out his stuffed puppy to Jinki, wanting him to accept his offer. Jinki accepted it alright, and it flew across the living room. Jongdae watched his stuffed puppy fall to the ground and felt his eyes beginning to water.

    "Jongdae, I'm busy! I can't drop whatever I'm doing to play with you. This is why you have toys! So you won't bother me!!" Jinki yelled.

Jongdae began to sniff and Jinki's eyes widen once he saw the first tear escape the toddler's eyes. His brother is crying, which means he was going to tell on him, which also means trouble.  Jinki quickly picked up the puppy and gave it back to Jongdae.

    "I-I'm sooo sorry Dae! I-I didn't mean to make you sad!! Look at the puppy, it's ok!" Jinki tried to get Jongdae to stop crying.

Jongdae ignored his stuffed animal and ran out of the living room, crying. Jinki heard the door slam and he sighed, how was he going to convince his brother not to tell on him? He looked at the stuffed puppy and thought for a moment. He was glad his parents weren't home at the moment if not they would ground him for life as this isn't the first time he made the young boy cry.

    "I'm a terrible older brother." Jinki stared at the ground, trying to block out his little brother's crying.

He decided to make things right and play with Jongdae, maybe it's not that bad. Jinki knocked three times on the door and waited for a response.

    "No!" Jongdae answered.

Jinki rolled his eyes and opened the door anyway, entering his brother's room. Jongdae covered himself in his blanket, blocking Jinki out.

    "Dae, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be a meanie, will you forgive me and play?" Jinki pleaded.

    "Go away!" Jongdae replied, trying to throw his pillow at his brother but the pillow just fell to the side of the bed.

Jinki contemplated if he would get in more trouble if he threw the stuffed toy at his brother. He shook the thought and moved closer to the toddler, sitting on his bed. Jongdae crossed his arms and tried to look angry to get his mean brother to go away. Jinki held the puppy in front of Jongdae's line of vision and moved it as he talked through it.

    "Jinki says he's really sorry and would love to play with you as long as you don't tell on me- I mean him." Jinki said in his normal voice. 

Jongdae looked unconvinced, making Jinki wonder what he's doing wrong. He's seen his father do this multiple times with the toy and his brother would always respond to it.

    "Dat's no how Mr. Puppy tawks."

Of course he had to talk differently, Jongdae is easily entertained. Jinki sighed before he cleared his throat.

    "Jinki said he's weally weally sowwy, Chen. He would weally wuv to pway with chu." Jinki managed to change his tone of voice and talk like his father would.

Jongdae giggled and clapped his hands in excitement, making Jinki feel better that his brother wasn't crying anymore.

     "Tell Ony it's ok." Jongdae beamed.

Jinki sighed in relief after hearing those words and didn't noticed Jongdae get off the bed. Jongdae pulled Jinki's shirt to get him up and dragged him back into the living room, where the toys were at. An hour later, Jongwoon and Ryeowook had just returned home with the groceries when they saw Jinki helping his brother build a tower using building blocks. Ryeowook smiled at the touching scene but Jongwoon knew something was up.

    "Jinki upset Jongdae again." Jongwoon whispered to Ryeowook.

    "Yeah, it's obvious." Ryeowook replied as he disappeared into the kitchen with his husband.

With their parents out of sight. Jongdae roared and pushed the tower over as Jinki was putting a block on top. The next moment, Ryeowook and Jongwoon heard crying and rushed out to see it was Jinki crying over the fallen tower.

    "C-Chen, I-I worked s-so hard on th-that tower!" Jinki cried, his heart was breaking at how the mighty tower has fallen.

    "Oops." Jongdae ran out of the room, only to return with his stuffed animal.

Jongdae gave his puppy to Jinki as their parents watched Jinki accept the puppy and pass out on the floor. They're still taking care of two babies.