Too Cool

Little Brother

Four years later, life has been starting to get difficult for Jongdae as his brother doesn't want to play with him anymore. His older brother is too cool to be around him because he was still in elementary school and it makes him sad. Jongdae is full of spite that day because Jinki has been busy with Jonghyun and his new friend from soccer, Minho, as they were playing video games, excluding poor Jongdae.

    "Hyung, can I play with you guys?" Jongdae walked into Jinki's room with his own controller.

    "No, fifth graders can't play." Jonghyun replied.

    "But I know how to play." Jongdae kept insisting.

    "This game is for kids 10 and up." Minho added.

    "I'm 10!" Jongdae's eyes lit up.

Jonghyun gave Jinki a tired expression and Jinki understood what he wanted.

    "Dae, 10 and up is an option. We get to chose if we want to let 10 year olds play, and we decided... No." Jinki gave Jongdae sad expression.

    "But you let me play before and Jonghyun looks 9!" Jongdae complained.

Jonghyun's eyes lit up with flames as he got up from his spot and slammed the door in front of Jongdae, leaving the latter confused and scared.

    "I'm 12! I'm still growing!!" Jonghyun said with burning with anger.

    "Remind me not to call Jonghyun short." Minho whispered to Jinki, while the latter gulped back his fear of the short male.

Jongdae stared at his brother's closed door and his eyes started to water.

    "I'm telling mommy!" Jongdae yelled, tears running down his cheeks.

The three boys heard the retreating footsteps and went back to their game, while Jinki felt terrible. Jongdae ran into the living room, where his parents were at, and cried. It startled his parents because Jongdae didn't cry much when Jinki was around.

    "Jongdae, what happened?" Ryeowook kneeled in front of the distraught boy.

    "Ony... Doesn't.. Want to... Play... With... Meeee!" Jongdae hiccuped.

    "He'll play with you later baby." Ryeowook tried reassuring him.

    "He doesn't play with me anymore! He only plays with stupid Dino and froggie." Jongdae tried to be mad but his tears continued to run.

Jongwoon kneeled to next to Ryeowook and put a hand on Jongdae's head.

    "I'm sorry Jinki doesn't play with you anymore, Jongdae. He's growing up, which means he'll be leaning more on his friends than his family members."

Upon hearing that, Jongdae bit his lip and more of his tears flowed while Ryeowook hit Jongwoon's arm for making their son cry.

    "You didn't let me finish!" Jongwoon exclaimed.

Jongdae sniffed and waiting patiently for his father to finish while Ryeowook glared at his husband.

    "Since he has his friends now, you should invite some of your friends over and ignore him." Jongwoon finished.

    "Jongwoon that is the stupid-" Ryeowook started.

    "I'll show him! I don't need him! I'll invite Luhan, and Minseok tomorrow!" Jongdae stormed off.

    "Yeobo what did you just do?"

    "Started a war."

The next few weeks, Jongdae had his friends come over when Jinki didn't have his over. Jinki didn't mind it until Jongdae started to ignore him completely, which wasn't normal. He couldn't get one word out of the child at the dinner table, unless he was talking to their parents. One day, Jinki walked into Jongdae's room to see how he was doing, only to realize the other middle schoolers were there. Luhan, and Minseok waved hello to Jinki but Jongdae refused to look at him.

    "H-How are you guys?" Jinki asked nervously.

    "I'm good!" Luhan smiled brightly.

    "I'm a bit hungry actually." Minseok put his controller down.

    "I could fix you guys something to eat if-"

    "Don't bother. Mother already made us snacks." Jongdae pointed at a tray at the side of the television.

Jinki stared at Jongdae, confused and heartbroken, where has his littler brother gone. He then noticed a pink bow in Luhan's hair and stepped forward to poke it. Luhan slowly turned his head to look at Jinki.

    "Why is there a bow in your hair?" Jinki asked.

    "It makes me feel manly." Luhan said.

    "Pfft. It's cute." Jinki chuckled.

Jongdae and Minseok moved away from Luhan, while the latter pushed Jinki outside of the room.

    "Wha-"

    "I'm not cute!"

The door slammed in his face and Jinki was left speechless. His mind flashed back to where Jonghyun slammed the door on his brother, now it was his turn. He was always pushing his brother aside, and now Jongdae was pushing him aside.