suyeol

kjm drabbles

Prompt: i know i look ridiculous standing in a shopping cart but goddammit i want my mac and cheese are you going to stand there and patronize me or help (highlight to see -w-)


Chanyeol grabs the ramyun cup off of the shelf carelessly, tossing it into his shopping cart. He hums a bright tune under his breath as he pulls out his grocery list and studies it.

microwavable food!!! is highlighted in bright yellow, almost burning his eyes. Chanyeol nods to himself seriously, setting a straight face as he pockets the list again. He glances around him to check which aisle he's in; the sauces and pasta aisle, which is two aisles away from the microwavable food.

Alright. Picking up his basket, he saunters down the grocery store at a leisurely pace, admiring the walls of spices and more cooking materials. When he reaches the aisle, he pauses, because why is there a man standing in his shopping cart?

In front of him was, yes, a man standing on his toes in his overturned shopping cart. His arms are trying to reach the shelves above him.

And they're not even that high. Chanyeol watches in silent amusement as the man lets out tiny grunts of frustration, even giving tiny little hops, to grab off whatever was on the top shelf.

Chanyeol looks at the shelf. Microwavable food.

Oh right, I need to do grocery shopping. He takes one glance at the tiny man (he isn't that short, really, but most people are when you're 187cm tall, Chanyeol thinks) and considers things for the moment.

On the one hand, he needs help. The top shelf is very high for the man, he notes, because he's standing on an overturned shopping cart and already tiptoeing, and he's still not any closer to reaching the- Chanyeol squints- mac and cheese on it.

But on the other, his man's pride will be hurt. Chanyeol considers things again. That'll be worse. Worse than not getting macaroni and cheese.

So, following his manly train of thought, he decides to ignore the struggling man in favour of walking past him and grab another microwavable mac and cheese right next to him.

He tosses the mac and cheese into his shopping cart without a thought.

"Hey!"

Chanyeol jumps. He turns to the source of the voice and- ah, it's the short guy.

"Uh. Hey?"

Short Guy has stopped tiptoeing but has resorted to folding his arms and frowning at him. Chanyeol almost coos at him because damn, he's pretty cute.

"I've been standing here, trying to get mac and cheese, yet you come, take the same thing, and not help me?" Short Guy huffs. "Rude."

"Huh?" Is Short Guy possibly mad?

"Look, not everyone has that same height advantage of you, okay?" Short Guy rolls his eyes. "Now will you please get me this." He points to the food.

"Uh, okay." Chanyeol reaches over and takes it off the shelf. "Here?" He hands over the packet.

The (adorable) man snatches it from him. "Maybe if you weren't so busy staring, you could've helped me earlier."

"I wasn't sure if you needed- no, wanted any help?"

"Excuse you, but for one, I was standing on top of my shopping cart? On top of that, I was even jumping?" Short Guy raises a brow. "And it looked like I neither wanted nor needed help."

"Well what if I wanted to save your manliness by letting you do it yourself?" The other defensively says.

"Manliness is helping others, you idiot," Short Guy replies.

"Wow, for a cute guy, you sure have no manners," Chanyeol snaps. He grabs his shopping basket. "You don't call strangers idiots. Bye, shortie." He whirls around to leave.

"You can if they are," Short Guy retaliates from behind. "And my name's Joonmyeon. Not shortie."

Chanyeol smiles to himself. "Kay, shortie."