Chapter 5: "...everywhere I am I am the danger"

Good As Gold

    I slipped Jun’s phone into my pocket and started to pack up my stuff and get going. I couldn’t stand being with someone who had been lying to me especially with the person I loved. I laid out my leather bag and threw in some clothes and weapons. I got out the house. Jun was still standing at the beach facing towards the sea. I looked away in disappointment and started walking off towards my car that was next to Jun’s. I opened the trunk and threw my bag in. I got in the car and the engine.

    

    As I drove I pulled out Jun’s phone and started to track Wonwoo down. Locating him wasn’t hard at all. I pulled up upon a house in the hills. It was obvious why Wonwoo would live up in the hills. He didn’t want to be hunted down by Geon Seong. I parked my car and got out. I took out my gun behind my pants and held it. As walked towards his house cautiously. Each step like a silent mouse. I stop when a little boy about three years old started running towards me in a terrified face. I quickly put my gun back behind my pants because I didn’t want to startle him. He ran behind me and hugged my legs. I wasn’t so sure if Wonwoo lived here now. It was awkward for me, but I always thought kids were adorable. I held onto his hands and bent down.

 

    “Hey there, what are you doing up in these hills?” I asked him.

    “I live here.” He responded back to me. “You’re really pretty.”

    I giggled and gently pinched his cheek. “And noona thinks you’re also cute.”

    “Chan! (Dino as the baby, isn’t that cute? A little Dino XD)” A deep voice called.

    “Noona please hide me. My daddy will beat me up.” He hid behind me as I stood up.

    

    I wasn’t so sure what would happen if this little boy’s parents saw me. They would probably try to kill me because of course they lived up here to not be found and here I showed up without consent.

 

    “Chan!” The man called Chan’s name

    As I look towards where the voice was coming from the voice sounded really familiar to me. As he turn the corner from the backyard and he finally revealed his face. I couldn’t face the truth that Wonwoo had a family. I stood there in disappointment as he was in shock of seeing me.

    

    “Bitna?” Wonwoo said my name out loud.

    I was so piss that I didn’t even want to hear my name coming from his mouth.

    “Your name is Bitna? Wow such a pretty name. I hate my name. Why call me Chan?” Chan came out from behind my legs and held onto my hands.

    I looked down at Chan and bent down. “I think your a really special boy and your name, Chan, really suits you. You seem like a really brave kid. I think anyone would be jealous to have your name, Chan.” I tried to make him feel confident about his name.

    “Honey? It’s time for dinner.” The women called out.

 

    Of course just by hearing her voice I knew it’d be his wife. She came out from the backyard and we made eye to eye contact. Couldn’t believe that my old best friend from training days, Hyoyeon, and my ex-boyfriend had made a little family. Not just that, but I felt betrayed. My hand curled into a fist.

    

    “Bitna, what are you doing here?” Hyoyeon questioned me.

    “I figured I’d stop by before finishing some business.” I answered her back.

    “Come inside for dinner.”

    “Does that mean Noona can spend the night with me and play with me eomma?” Chan still clinged to my hand.

    “Yes, Chan.” She put her hand out for Chan to come to her. Chan let go of my hand and ran to his mom.

    

    As Chan and his mother disappeared to the back yard I walked started walking towards the backyard.

    “How did you find me?” Wonwoo stopped me with the question.

    “You mean how did I find out you weren’t dead.” I said with anger.

    “Jun told you didn’t he?”

    “It doesn’t matter if he told me or what. What matters is that why didn’t just come find me and tell me you were still alive.”

    “I couldn’t do that. I didn’t want to put you in any danger.”

    “You didn’t want to put your family in danger because everywhere I am I am the danger. Next time be more true to yourself.” I walked off into the house.

 

    As I entered the back door there stood Jun before me. I looked at him and walked to the side. He held onto my hand.

    “Is this why you weren’t ready? You still love Wonwoo?” Jun look straight forward not looking at me.

    “You should’ve told me the truth from day one.” I looked at his side of the face.

    “I wanted to keep you away from him. Why love someone who doesn’t even have the guts to come find you and tell you they are still alive today.” Jun finally turned and looked at me.

    I pulled his face down to me and locked his lips with mine. I opened my eyes and looked into his eyes. “But I’m ready now. I’m not afraid of killing everything I touch anymore.”

    Jun smiled at me and kissed me back. Jun suddenly looked up and I turned to see what he was looking at. As I turned Chan stood there with a blank face.

“Oooo… Noona and Hyung ‘muah muah muah’ (makes a kissing face at them)”

Me and Jun laughed. Jun walked over to him and carried him to the table for dinner.

 

***

 

“I want to play outside Hyung.” Chan looked and both me and Jun.

“Ask your dad Chan.” Jun looked at Wonwoo.

“Yes Chan you can go play.” Wonwoo confirmed.

Me and Jun took Chan outside. Chan was running around and tripping while laughing.

Jun back hugged me. “So when are we going to have a child just like Chan?”

I removed Jun’s hands and hit him on the side. “Are you crazy? Never.”

“Noona!” Chan ran so fast to me.

Before Chan ran to me I saw a man down the far hill holding a rifle. He man with the gun is probably aiming at me, but Chan ran towards me. Chan will get hit by a bullet. Chan finally reached me and I grabbed him and turned around hugging him tight as the gun fired and hit me in the back. I budged a bit due to the force of the bullet that hit my back. Chan in my arms didn’t know what was going on all he did was holding tight onto me scared.


“Bitna!” Jun yelled my name.