Chapter 4: I Love You

Good As Gold
Chapter 4: I Love You
 
 
"Sorry for your loss of your love and your dad." Jun looked at me, "I wish I had saved your father. I'm sorry."

"What's there to be sorry about? It wasn't your fault. Just be glad you weren't the one who actually killed the one you loved." I spoke without caring.

"Well I'm going to cook breakfast." Jun closed the door as he walked out.

As I spent five minutes in the room I began to get thirsty. I walked to the door and opened it. The smell of bacon filled the air. As I step out the room, to the right was the bathroom and to the left was a room. Maybe it was Jun's room, but I didn't bother to look inside because it would be considered rude. I walked in the hallway trying to find where the kitchen was. The kitchen was to the right and the living room was at the left. There stood Jun cooking. Wow he can cook, interesting. The water filter pitcher was on the counter. Jun didn’t turn to look at me. I’m sure he didn’t know I was even in the kitchen. I opened the dishwasher and got out a glass cup and put it on the counter. I poured water into it with one arm because I didn’t want my wound on my arm to bleed again. Somehow I happened to elbow the cup while putting down the pitcher. The glass cup fell and water spilled. As the cup made a shatter sound Jun turn to look at me. I stared at him and sat on one knee to pick up the shattered glass. Jun put the frying pan to the side, so it wouldn’t burn while he was doing something else. I was hoping for him to burn his food. Jun bent down and helped me pick up the shattered glass. As I picked up the glass I cut myself. It didn’t hurt as much since I was used to pain, just a little pinch I felt. I had much worse than just a deep cut from shattered glass.

 

“You’re bleeding.” Jun stopped and looked at me.

 

“I know I am. I’m sorry. Just let me clean this up, and I won’t cause anymore .” I kept looking down as blood dripped from my finger.

 

“You’re bleeding on my tiles.”

 

“I’ll clean it, don’t worry!”

 

Jun looked at me as I raised my voice at him. I stopped picking up the glass and looked at him.

 

“I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have-” I was cut off by Jun.

 

“It’s fine. Here’s  a towel. Wrap this around your finger and I’ll bring you a first aid kit after I’m done cleaning.” He handed me the towel.

 

“I’ll clean-”

 

“Bitna. Go sit down.” Jun took me to the couch, and I sat down.

 

I watched him pick up the glass and threw it in the trash. He wiped my blood off the tiles and sprayed some disinfectant. He was so clean and neat. There was something about him that made me trust him. He wasn’t as bad as I thought he would be. He walked over to the bathroom and brought out a first aid kit. He sat on the coffee table right in front of me. Maybe about a foot or two away from me.

 

“I can do it myself.” I told him.

 

“I’ll do it.” Jun took my finger and put alcohol on it. It stung for a few seconds. “You need to be more careful next time. Your wound on your right leg hasn’t healed and your wound on your left arm. Now you cut your finger on your right. Make sure you don’t get injured anymore. Wonder what’s gonna happen to your left leg next.” Jun teased me as he put ointment and a bandaid on my finger.

 

I chuckled and playfully pushed his shoulder with my left arm.

 

“Hey. Carefully now. You might make your wound bleed.” He pointed at me while still holding my hand. He was done putting a bandaid on me, but don’t know why he was still holding my hand.

 

I smiled and looked down.

 

I my dry lips and looked at him. “Thanks. You know, for everything. Your a really great guy. Whoever gets you is really lucky.”

 

“Your welcomed and thanks.”

 

We had eye to eye contact for a few seconds.

 

I broke the eye to eye contact and pulled my hand away.

 

“Sorry about that.” Jun said as he scratched his head being embarrassed of holding my hand.

 

“What are you cooking?” I stood up and walked to the kitchen.

 

“Bacon, eggs, and pancake at the side for special guests.” He smiled at me.

 

“Sounds good. Let me help.”

 

“No, go sit down.”

 

“I’m bored. At least let me help. Or keep me occupied?”

 

Jun looked at me as I took the kitchen tongs out of his hand. I turned the fire on and placed the pan over it. I laid the strips of bacon side by side and let it cook for a few minutes. Jun watched me as I cooked.

 

“Get me a plate.” I commanded him.

 

Jun opened the dishwasher and pulled out a plate. He handed it to me.

 

As I took a strip of bacon out and put it on the plate Jun stopped me. “Maybe you should avoid some oil.” Jun put his hand on mine and help me shake the strip of bacon a little so the oil will drip off the bacon. “Shaking it a little will prevent less oil.” He let go of my hand and continued to watch me. After I was done, he took the plate and put it on the counter.

 

“What’s next?” I rubbed my hands together.

 

“Eggs.” He replied.

 

Jun pulled the eggs out of the fridge on put them on the counter. He removed the hot pan that I just finished frying bacon strips with his left hand. He let go of the handle of the pan very fast and grunted. The handle of the pan was too hot to touch. He probably fried his skin already. I walked towards him and pulled his left hand towards me. I examined his thumb and the side of his index finger. It was burnt. His skin had curled up into hard, dry skin which left his skin pink and bled a little.

 

“Babo! Be careful next time. That pan literally barbequed your finger and thumb.” I pulled his arm and walked towards the coffee table where the first aid kit still laid. “Well in this case we just got to put the burner medicine on. Can’t put a bandaid on because it will cause more heat and your fingers will hurt even more.”

 

“Alright Captain.” He called me.

 

Jun and I looked at each other, our face were so close to each other. His face came closer and then he kissed me. I closed my eyes. It was shocking, the way his lips connected with mine. It was right, and somehow, something inside me changed, never to be reversed. He pulled away slowly as I opened my eyes. I stood up and walked back to the kitchen to fry the eggs and he followed. He cracked the eggs with one hand. It was impressive. Even I couldn’t do that myself.

 

“Can you teach me how to crack an egg with one hand?” I asked him.

 

“Yeah, here hold the egg like this.” He put the egg in my hand and put his hand on top of mine to show me how to hold it. Of course I always succeed on trying something new.

 

***

 

A couple of months passed. Jun and I were so close together. We spent so much time together. Spending so much time that made me almost forget about my revenge. I trusted him with my life. Every time he touches me and gets closer to me I get the feel that I love him more and more with each passing day. And it pleases me to know that as tomorrow approaches, that I will love him more than yesterday and tomorrow will be more than today. My love for him cannot be measured by words alone and the word love does not fully express my truest feelings for him. When I think of our love, it reminds me of the miracles in life that only God can produce. Like the beautiful sunsets and sounds of Mother Nature that soothe our hearts and remind us of something bigger, where two hearts can become one. Like two birds in love that fly in harmony and appear to dance with the grace of Gene Kelly. You and only you have given me this much hope and have made me realize the true meaning of life.

 

***

 

“Wonwoo? What are you doing here? Did you see Jun anywhere?”

 

Wonwoo looked at me with a dead straight face. His clothes were bloody. I walked towards Wonwoo.

 

Wonwoo grabbed my neck and choked me.”You killed me! How could you!? You kill everything you touch. You murdered me. You MURDERER. I’ll watch you kill Jun!”

 

“Bitna!” Jun yelled my name and shook me to wake up.

 

I awoke from that nightmare. I opened my eyes and harshly grabbed Jun’s arm. I panted so hard thinking Jun was Wonwoo. Jun pulled me into his arms.

 

He didn’t let go of me. “It’s okay. I’m right here.”

 

I held onto him so tight not letting him go. “Don’t leave me Jun.”

 

“I won’t ever leave you Bitna.”

 

“I-I-I dreamt of Won-Wonwoo choking me telling me... I murdered him and that I-I-I will murder you.” I couldn’t keep myself together after that horrible nightmare. It was like living my hell again after just crawling out of it.

 

"I don't want to hurt you Jun." I said as he held my hands.

"You don't have to." Jun tucked my hair behind my ear.

"What if one day I wake up and you're not with me anymore. You will leave me. I will be alone again." Jun wiped my tears as I cried. "I don't want to hurt you like I did to Wonwoo. I don't want to kill you if I had to. I don't want to forget you. Don't want to leave everything behind."

"You won't. I won't let that happen because I love you. I will make you remember me and what we had." Jun kissed my lips.

He laid me on the bed and slowly kissed me as I kissed him back. Jun my cheek and kissed my lips. I was cut off as Jun slowly started to move his lips on mine. Our lips moved in time with each other and he raised his hands up to my hair and tangled his fingers in it. His other hand, he pulled up to my face and cupped my cheek in his hand. I raised up his shirt and slowly started to feel his body. I moved from his lips to his neck ing me onto his thighs. He placed his hands on my lower back slipping one hand down the back of my jeans. I was in a total daze and all I cared about was how good it felt just being with Jun.

"I Love You" Jun said. I peeled off my t-shirt and pressed my chest against Jun’s, slowly running my hand over his back. He started kissing my jawline, he was leaning over me as he did so. He moved from my throat, down to my collarbone, then kissed my chest. He touched my body so gently and passionately. He gently kissed my stomach. He ed my jeans and pulled them off, then off came his t-shirt. ( scene can stop here before it gets even more wild. LOL)

As I woke up Jun had already woke up. The sunlight shined through the window letting some light in. I opened the door and walked out to the kitchen.

There was a note on the fridge. “Come out to the beach.”

As I walked out the front door the beach was just about forty feet away from where I was standing. As I walked towards the beach there stood Jun on the dry sand. I put my hand over my eyes to get a better look at the beach.

As I reached Jun he reached into his pocket and pulled out a seventeen carat ring. “Would you marry me?” He was on his knees.

I looked at him. I loved him, but I couldn’t do this. I don’t want to kill everything I touch. I took a step back.

Jun stood up. “What’s wrong?”

As he was about to put his hand on my cheek I grabbed his wrist. ”I don’t want to kill everything I touch.” I let go of his arm and ran back to the house.

Jun watched me as I ran back. I guess he wanted me to have time to myself before approaching me. As I walked back to the room and sat on the bed. My eyes were watery, but tears didn’t fall. Jun’s Iphone made a sound. I didn’t care, but as it kept beeping I got annoyed and looked at the screen of it. Messages popped up and was sent by Wonwoo. Wonwoo? He died in my arms. I kill Wonwoo. As I unlocked his phone, of course I knew Jun’s password. I read the messages that were sent from Wonwoo. My heart pounded fast as I read the messages.

The messages said:

 
Author's Notes
Thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment your thoughts below. Stay tuned for more. XOXO17
0Y0Lz4y.gif