Four

Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Four [/CONTENTID1]           

[CONTENTID2]

You jerk awake the next morning to the sound of someone pounding on the door.

"Hello? Hello? Open up!"

The voice is male and too deep to be Sooyoung's, though it contains the same level of cheerfulness.

"What the hell," you murmur to yourself, pulling the covers up to your neck… Only to realize that the blanket is a deep red color; nothing like your mint green bed. And that you're still dressed in your school uniform. You bolt upright and shriek in surprise when you find Jungkook sitting a few feet away from you, slumped over on top of a pile of books.

He flinches at the sound of your voice and sleepily bats away a sheet of paper that is stuck to the side of his face.

Outside, the intruder pauses for a moment, then bangs on the door with renewed vigor, "Jungkook, open up!" He screeches, "Is there a girl with you?! Who's the girl?!"

You meet Jungkook's eyes, and you can imagine that yours have the same horrified look n them. "," he curses, rolling his out his stiff neck and limbs before rushing to the door and yanking it open. "Yah, why are you so noisy, Jimin? I'm right here."

On the bed, you stealthily lie back down and try to pull the covers above your head.

"Where's the girl?" The earth mage suspiciously asks, rising to his tippy toes to try to see over Jungkook's taller frame, "And why are you still in your uniform? Did you sleep like that?!"

"Jimin, there's no one there. Calm down. Just let me get dressed and I'll meet up with you guys in ten minutes."

"I heard a girl, too," Taehyung comments, peeking from behind Jimin's shoulder.

Namjoon, who has been standing in the corner, chooses to intervene at that second, "Come on guys. Leave him alone. We'll come get him later."

But Jimin is too fervent to let it go, "No," he says, "Who are you hiding in there?" He shoves past the taller boy with surprising strength into the room.

You gulp and throw the sheet over your head, but it's too late.

"Jungkook either has a girl in his bed… or he killed someone and that's a body bag," Taehyung innocently comments.

You sigh. There's no point in trying to hide anymore. You slowly lower the sheet from your face and wave at them, "Hi, guys."

"This is not what it looks like, I swear," Jungkook says holding both hands up.

Jimin's face is twitching like crazy and his hands ball into fists, "Oh, then what happened then?" He tries to keep his voice steady, but it cracks at the end.

"I didn't know you guys were dating already," Taehyung loudly comments, which only fans the flames, "Good job, Kookie. She's cute."

Jimin looks like he's about to explode, and Namjoon luckily interjects at that moment, "You guys are truly idiots. Look at them—they're still dressed in last nights' clothes. It's obvious nothing happened. They probably fell asleep studying too late. Look at all the books around them. Jungkook has a math problem inscribed on his cheek after all."

Surprised, the maknae scrubs at the ink on his face while you stare at the lightning mage with wide eyes, "That's exactly what happened, sunbae. You're incredible!"

The cocky lightning mage simply shrugs, "Please. It's just basic reasoning."

"Oh, so that's what happened?" Jimin asks, looking back and forth between the two of you.

"Yes, the library closed early, so we came over here," says Jungkook.

"Oh… hahaha! I just overreacted, how silly of me!" Jimin laughs, all his good humor suddenly rushing back, "Well, Jungkookie, we just stopped by to see if you wanted to get waffles! And _-ah, you should come too!"

You sit up on the bed and futilely smooth out your crumpled shirt and wrinkled skirt, "Ah, I'm kind of a mess right now. Do you mind waiting while I change?"

"Your dorm is so far away," Taehyung protests, "That'll take forever. And I'm hungry."

"Oh, well just go on without me, then. It's fine."

"No!" Jungkook protests, a little too quickly, "I mean, I think I have something for you to wear."

"Oh," you blink in surprise, "Ok that should work."

The younger boy runs to his closet and digs out a pair of jeans from the very back. Then he pulls out a random white shirt from his dresser and hands it all to you, "Here, try this on. We'll wait outside."

He ushers the other three boys outside and shuts the door for privacy. You hesitate for a moment, doubtful that the clothes will fit, but try them on anyways. The shirt, as expected, hangs down to mid-thigh and swallows you whole. But surprisingly, the jeans fit perfectly. You spin around in a circle in front of the mirror, but the pants hug every curve just right. You frown as you tie the back of Jungkook's shirt with a hairband so the shirt doesn't suffocate you. Then you let the boys back in the room.

"I'm ready!"

"Ah, see. I told you it'd fit."

"The shirt's a bit big though," you say, pulling up the sleeve to cover your shoulder, "But the pants fit well… Jungkook… why do you have women's jeans in your closet?" You suspiciously ask.

He blushes at once while the other three boys laugh, "It's not what you think!"

"It's exactly what you think," Jimin counters with a grin, "Let's just say that you're not the first girl Jungkook's had sleep over."

"Shut up, hyung!" the fire mage growls, slapping a hand over the older boy's mouth.

"He's had a lot of girlfriends," Taehyung continues with a nod.

Jungkook springs away from Jimin at once to attack the wind mage with a growl of frustration, "Stop it! It wasn't that many!"

"It's healthy for a boy of his age to explore his uality without emotional attachment," Namjoon solemnly adds.

"What the hell, hyung?!" Jungkook shrieks, his hands full trying to manage all three members.

You just laugh, "Well, actually, I was afraid that Jungkook liked to crossdress in too-small women's pants in his free time… So this is a lot better than that."

"I would rather you think that… Don't talk to these fools anymore," Jungkook says, hurriedly grabbing your hand and dragging you away from the older boys, "Where are the other hyungs, by the way?" he stops to question the other three.

"Seokjin-hyung went to tour the graduate water mage program across town, and Yoongi-hyung and Hoseok are keeping him company," Namjoon explains, "They should be back tomorrow."

"Wait, why? I thought they were planning some grand field trip down to visit the all-elemental graduate school in Busan next month."

"Yeah, but Jin-hyung was excited about this for some reason."

"Hmm. I wish they were here instead. At least those hyungs have more sense," And with that, Jungkook turns away from the leader and drags you with him.

 

Half an hour later, the five of you sit at a booth in a Western-themed diner a few blocks from campus. The restaurant has an old-fashioned American rock and roll theme it makes you feel almost nostalgic for America. Your expression darkens at the thought of home and you quickly bury your face into the menu.

"What's good here?" You cheerfully ask, trying to distract yourself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter