Twelve

Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Twelve [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

The two of you don't exchange a word as Professor Nam walks you out of the hospital and across the street back to campus. The normally energetic woman is uncharacteristically silent the entire way. She glances at you a few times, and opens as though she wants to say something, but quickly closes it again, instead distracting herself with rubbing her hands together or a frizzy curl. Guilt settles in your chest, and if this was any other circumstance, you would've tried to rest a friendly hand on her arm to calm her, but you know she probably wouldn't appreciate that much right now.

Luckily, the trek back to the school is short and because it is the weekend, there are few students loitering on campus to gawk at you in shock. You lower your head to avoid their stares and follow Professor Nam up the spiraling staircase to an unfamiliar corridor. The wind mage stops you outside of a rich mahogany door, "The headmaster will see you now, ___. Please go straight in."

"Wait, Professor—" But it's too late and the older woman retreats down the stairs. You sigh is dismay and turn back to the heavy, deep brown wood in front of you. You gulp, preparing yourself for the battle ahead before pushing your way in.

An distinguished gentleman with iron-gray hair neatly combed back from his face looks up from the stack of papers on his vast, cherry-wood desk, "Oh, Miss ___. You're here. Please take a seat." He removes his spectacles and slides them into his pocket as you timidly pull back a plush leather chair.

"You wanted to see me, Headmaster Kwon?"

"Yes. Don't be so nervous, Miss ___. I just wanted to discuss some things."

"Such as…?"

"Well, I just find it curious how you never mentioned your dark powers… Even though you clearly exhibit proficiency with this skill," he says, his dark eyes locking onto your own with an intensity that makes your hands clench into fists.

"I… I'm sorry. I just didn't think it was worth mentioning."

He raises an eyebrow at that, "Not worth mentioning? Miss ___, your powers could easily wipe out this entire establishment."

"I know. But I didn't hurt anyone!"

"Maybe not this time. But how do we know what the future brings? One little mistake, Miss ___, and you might have killed Mr. Jeon instead."

Your eyes drop to your lap, "I know…"

Headmaster Kwon sighs and folds his hands together on the desk, "There is also the subject of you falsely assuming the identity of an ice mage all these months. At this academy, we do not take lightly to these matters of ingenuity and deception."

"I'm sorry," you murmur, biting down on your lip, "But I didn't hurt anyone. I would never…"

"I'd like to believe you, Miss ___. But how can I possibly take your word for it when you've shown yourself to be so inclined to deceit? I'm sorry to have do to this, but for the best interests of this academy, along with all the students and faculty present, I'm going to have to ask you to—"

A sharp knock on the door cuts him off before he can deliver the finishing blow. Headmaster Kwon looks up in irritation, "I'm with a student right now," he calls out, "Anyways, where was I? Yes, Miss ___, I'm afraid I'm going to have to—"

"Sorry to interrupt, headmaster," Someone suddenly pushes into the office room.

You turn with a frown and your eyes widen when you recognize Namjoon strolling into the room, a dauntless grin on his handsome face.

"What are you doing here, Mr. Kim? This is a private meeting between Miss ___ and I."

Namjoon ignores this and drops into the leather armchair next to you, carelessly crossing an ankle over his knee, "It seems like Miss___ is alone in this discussion, which usually requires the presence of family."

"Yes," Headmaster Kwon says in annoyance, "But as Miss ___'s family is all in America, and there is no one else who can represent her right now. And as to my knowledge, you have no relationship with Miss ___. The two of you aren't even in the same year, so if you could please remove yourself from this private discussion, I would appreciate it."

Namjoon sighs and gives you a look, "You didn't tell him about it?"

You blink back in surprise, "About what?"

Namjoon rolls his eyes in exasperation, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter