Two

Elements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[CONTENTID1] TWO [/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2] A few weeks later, and everyone seems to finally forget about the strange incident on the lake when you just ran off for no apparent reason. You had apologized profusely for your strange behavior the next day, making up some excuse about forgetting to turn in a homework assignment that they hesitantly accepted.

Over the next month, your friendship with Sooyoung grows stronger until it finally cumulates with her confessing to you her deepest, darkest secret. It's a Friday afternoon, which means classes are over and it's time to celebrate the weekend, but Sooyoung suspiciously bails on the group's weekly milk tea trip off campus.

"Why can't you go?" You whine, "I know we usually go to the milk tea shop on Saturdays, but Chanmi has a study group all day tomorrow."

"I know, I know. I just have something I can't miss…"

"What are you talking about? I know you have nothing."

"I do! You don't know my whole schedule. I'll catch up with you guys later, ok? After five o'clock."

"What?" You ask with a frown, "What could you possibly have at five?"

"It's a… a... thing—an errand, yes that's it! An errand for Professor Chae."

You give her a look, "Professor Chae? You mean Professor Chae of our first period astronomy class? The class we share?"

Sooyoung gulps, "Um, yes?"

You sigh, "Sooyoung-ah, why don't you cut your crap and tell me what's really going on?"

"Ok, fine!" She crumbles under the force of your glare, "But you can't tell the other girls, ok? No one can know about my dirty secret!"

Your interest piqued, you don't even protest when she makes you pinky-swear to keep her secret to the grave, "Ok, so what is it?" You eagerly ask, "What do you do Fridays at five?"

"It's too hard to explain… I'll have to show you."

You frown at her mysterious tone, and your heart speeds up in excitement.

 

But an hour later, you find yourself crouching in the hallway of the main classroom building on the third floor, peeking around the corner with Sooyoung. The ground is dirty and your knees hurt from squatting. There is absolutely no one around, since all classes end at five, and you feel like an idiot hiding in a deserted hall.

"What exactly are we waiting for?" You ask in exasperation.

"The elemental students have a special magic class after normal classes everyday," She explains, "They're just about to come out now."

Your blood runs cold at that, "So what? It's just the elemental students, Sooyoung. That's nothing special. We should just go. It's not too late to meet up with the girls."

"No, you don't understand! From Monday through Thursdays, they have normal lectures. But on Fridays, the class is devoted to teaching them how to spar."

"So? What's so great about that?" You protest, but then the bell rings and she shushes you.

You have no choice but to crouch down lower next to her. If you try to leave now, the stream of mage kids filing out of the classroom will notice you. Instead, you have to hide and wait until they're all gone. You longingly remind yourself that you could've been drinking a refreshing milk tea with the girls right now, but you just had to involve yourself in Sooyoung's craziness.

"Oh, here it comes!" Sooyoung hisses at you in excitement.

You look up in curiosity, but frown when you only see members of the BTS circle loitering outside the classroom, "It's just the BTS kids again. We see them all the time at the lake. Can we go now?"

She impatiently shushes you, "Just wait for it."

You purse your lips and watch as Seokjin, Namjoon, and Hoseok play around in the hallway, but you see nothing special about that. "Let's just go," You say to Sooyoung, picking up your bag and are about to get up when Park Jimin walks out of the classroom.

You freeze as once, your eyes bulging, "Oh my god," you whisper in a strangled voice, dropping your bag back on the ground.

Sooyoung is even more affected. Her breathing grows ragged, and she tugs on her suddenly too-tight tie, "Mmhmm."

The other elemental students had been tired-looking, with their uniform jackets off and their hair sticking to their foreheads with sweat, but Jimin takes this to another level. Not only is his jacket off, but he has the audacity to take this a step farther and take off his shirt and tie as well, leaving him in a tight white tank that sticks to his body with sweat.

Your face heats up as you admire the tan muscles in his shoulder sand arms that bulge with every miniscule movement. You swallow loudly when you how his thin white tank is completely translucent and leaves nothing to the imagination. As a result, you're distracted trying to count his well-defined abdominal muscles and don't notice that something's wrong until Sooyoung jumps to her feet and grabs you by the arm.

"Hurry, run!"

You blink in confusion, and suddenly notice that the other members of the BTS circle are staring directly at you. Jimin catches your eye and waves in your direction with a smug smirk. The other boys point and laugh to their hearts' content.

Your face burns up at once, and you turn to grab Sooyoung—only to realize that your traitorous friend has already fled and is nowhere in sight. Your heart is thundering in your chest as you grab your bag and sprint in a random direction, beyond humiliated.

In your haste to get away, you don't pay attention to where you're going and round a corner too quickly, running smack dab into someone with enough force to knock yourself over. You lose your balance and panic for a moment, but that person grabs you around the wrist and pulls you up before you hit the ground.

"Thanks," you say in gratitude, but stiffen in shock when you realize that your savior is none other than Min Yoongi.

Your eyes meet and you can't breathe for a long second, too mesmerized by the beauty of his cold gray eyes. Then you snap back into it, and the blood in your veins freezes in utter mortification.

He frowns back at you, his eyes flitting down to where his hand is still curled around your wrist. Frost steams into the hot air from where your skin connects.

You rip your arm out of his grasp at once, "Sorry, sunbae," you say, dropping into a quick bow before turning to bolt down the hall.

"Wait!" He yells, chasing after you, but can't find you anywhere in the building. It seems as though you've disappeared into thin air.

 

For the rest of the weekend, you and Sooyoung camp out in the dorms, too embarrassed to step outside. The two of you drown your sorrows in copious amounts of chocolate ice cream and the soju Jinri sneaks you guys from the convenience store a few blocks from campus.

You regret ever tagging along with Sooyoung and her terrible life decisions, but you can't hold a grudge against her, because she's every bit as embarrassed as you are. You blame her for dragging you into this situation, but she blames you for getting caught. Apparently, she's been spying on them for months with no trouble and it's obvious your loud breathing is what set them off. Instead, the two of you compromise, and tearfully feed each other ice cream in bed the entire weekend.

The dreaded day finally comes, and it's Monday and you have to face the world. Besides your first period astronomy class with Yoongi, you have no other classes with the boys, so you feel hopeful that the day will go smoothly. After all, you doubt that they would tell anyone. But Sooyoung shares her last period class with both Taehyung and Jimin, and dreads the encounter. Instead, she pretends to be sick, and you have to go to first period astronomy by yourself.

You tip-toe into the classroom when the bell rings, your heart in your throat, but no one looks at you, not even the two water mages in the back who are in the same elemental class as BTS. You're hopeful for a moment that maybe no one recognized you. You had been hiding in the corner with Sooyoung, after all, and they probably couldn't see your faces too clearly from such a distance. But then Min Yoongi walks into the room.

He's late, as always, but incompetent Professor Chae doesn't pay him any attention as he struggles to calculate a physics equation, and has to flip through the textbook for help. You gulp at the sight of the ice mage, and slump down in your seat to make yourself look smaller. It works for a second.

Yoongi lazily glances over the classroom, but then his eyes land on your face with surprise. There's no denying the recognition in those steely gray eyes. You break eye contact and stare down in your notebook, refusing to look up even when you hear someone plop down in the seat next to you.

Halfway through the lecture, you muster the courage to peek through your hair at your desk mate. Yoongi stares back steadily. Squeaking in surprise, you bury your face back in your books, not daring to look back up for the rest of the lecture.

Before the bell rings, you shove all your books into your bag and stare at the professor, preparing to take off. As soon as the bell rings, you launch yourself out of your seat, like an Olympian sprinter at the sound of a gunshot.

"Wait!" Yoongi calls after you, hastily grabbing his books to chase after you, "Wait, what's your name?"

But you ignore him and he loses you in the hall. It's impossible to find you in the crowd of students wearing the same uniform with the same nondescript dark hair. He sighs and reformulates his plan for the next day.

 

On Tuesday, you walk into the astronomy class, and almost walk back out when you find Yoongi perched on top of your usual seat, waiting for you. It's the first time he has ever shown up on time to class, much less early, and all the other students watch him with curiosity.

Not wanting to make a scene, you lower your head and sit down at the desk next to him instead.

"Your name is _," he drawls, "Second year transfer student with no major declared yet. You came here from America a month ago, I believe?"

"Six weeks ago," you dully correct, attempting to busy yourself with laying out your notebooks and pens.

"Right. Six weeks ago… Man, you wouldn't believe how difficult it was to get information on you.

You try to ignore him and shuffle through your notes from the last class period.

"_-ssi, I'm beginning to think that you're avoiding me."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter