Realization

Impossible Love

Junho's POV

We arrived at the amusement park just when it was just starting to open up. Not many people were around yet, so we got in without any trouble. Despite him having his dog leading him around I never let go of his hand. The warmth of his hand, the way they fit perfectly into mine was all so enticing I didn't want to let go. He didn't seem to mind either, so I continued to hold his hand.

Where do you want to go first? i asked him as we started to stroll around the park.

"Anywhere you want to go. After all I can't really see what's around me," he said good naturedly, flashing that heart stopping smile at me again. 

O-ok I hesitantly signed back. 

I decidingly picked on a roller coaster. In all honesty i picked it just to see how he would react to one. After all, I've never seen a blind person go on a roller coaster. He didn't seem all that scared when we boarded the ride. He seemed just like his calm and collected self. That is, until the ride started.

Just watching his reaction made me shake with silent laughs instead of silent screams from the exhiliration of the ride. He screamed at every little turn, and screamed especially loud at the big drops. Well not surprising, seeing that he can't see what to expect. His face contorted to the funniest expressions I've ever seen, and he clutched onto my arm with an iron grip, not that I minded. When the ride finally ended, he was breathing hard, his neat hair blown every which way, and his cheeks incredibly red.

"I'm...picking...the next one," he panted as we got out of the ride. I was still shaking with silent laughs, so much that i could only respond to him by patting his hand in response. 

Chansung's POV

That Junho...he's a mischievous one I can tell. He probably only wanted to see how I would react on a roller coaster...well time to get back at him >:)

"I choose...the haunted house," I told him smugly. He quite obviously didn't know my motive for choosing it and quickly agreed. Sure I can't see or hear any vocal reactions from him, but there's still ways in a haunted house to get back at him. After all, everyone is scared in a good haunted house.

Due to the fact that I can't see, I'm pretty used to sudden sounds and touches. So basically within a haunted house I have no reaction, for half the effect of a haunted house is in the visuals and the other in sounds and touch. Well i'm pretty immune to the sounds and touches so I'm good to go. Not for Junho though.

We calmly entered into the haunted house, him holding my hand and leading me calmly for the first few seconds. Then all the things that are supposed to scare you start to appear. And that's when things get interesting.

The first few screams and such I felt him only twitch. But as we got deeper into the haunted house, the scares got scarier, and his reactions got more and more amusing. He started gripping my hand much tighter, even tighter than the iron grip I had on him on the roller coaster. He started to edge closer and closer to me, his gasps of surprise getting more and more audible. Finally at the height of the haunted house he surprisingly (yes it actually surprised me) hugged my left arm completely. I was able to feel his little tremors of fear, and a pang of guilt went through me for picking something that scared him so much. I was going to apologize when we got out, but when we did Junho signed

You picked that to get back at me right? 

I could still feel his tremors but i could tell he's perfectly fine and not bothered by my choice.

"Yep that's right," I replied with a smirk. 

 Well it's game on! he signed back. If i could see him he's probably wearing a smirk too.

For the rest of the day that was how we picked rides, picking the ones where the other's reactions would be the most amusing. The spinning teacups. The bumper cars. The drop tower. Heck even the funhouse. It was the most fun I've had since, well, since the incident 3 years ago. Actually, it's the most fun i've ever had in my life. Today we didn't let our impairities restrict us or put our moods down. we had fun with our impairities instead, learning to have fun even with what we're lacking. We connected like we never did before, our own moods light-hearted and carefree. We showed sides of us we'd never show anyone else, though we didn't realize it. We were enjoying ourselves too much.

It didn't feel like a field trip...instead...it almost felt like a date.

Junho's POV

After the amusement park closed we went to the park. We both didn't know why we decided to go to the park. We could've parted ways when the park closed, but we didn't. We didn't want this day to end. This day...where we took down our barriers without even realizing it. This day where we let ourselves free from our pain and just enjoyed ourselves for a few hours...

We sat in silence on a park bench underneath a street light, enjoying the comforting silence between us. The stars winked above us, the sounds of traffic distant. 

"So did you have fun?" Chansung finally spoke, breaking the silence, a devilish grin on his face. I lightly punched him and silently laughed, then leaned against his shoulder.

You know the answer...of course I did. It was the most fun I've had in a long time.

"That's good," he replied softly. Our hands are still entwined with each others, never once disconnecting for the entire day. Even now they were still entwined with each other, my right with his left. We lasped back into silence, enjoying the moment of just having each other there. Suddenly there was a beeping noise, and Chansung said,

"Ah there's my alarm. I promised Nichkhun I'd get back in time to help him clean up the cafe." He slowly got up, our hands still together. "I'll see you Monday then." 

He gave me a wistful smile and turned to leave. No...please don't leave...I thought as our hands were slowly disconnecting. I don't want to be alone anymore!

And then I kissed him.

It happened so fast. My body acted on impulse, and before I knew it I had planted a sweet, chaste kiss on his lips. My eyes widened when I realized what I was doing. i slowly ended the kiss, and started to back away, my face flaring up. What...did I just do? I didn't...no...i couldn't have...Tears started to well up in my eyes when I thought about what was going to happen to our relationship. I..ruined everything. 

I-i'm sorry i signed, and was about to run when I felt him grab my hand and  whisper

"What are you apologizing for?"

He then pulled me into his strong embrace, pulling me into an intense and passionate kiss  that clearly showed his feelings for me. I let the tears run, but not in sorrow or sadness. But of happiness. Of not being alone anymore. Of being able to trust someone in this world again.

And that's when we both realized how much we loved each other. No more tricking ourselves, no more insecurities. We knew for certain, and nothing in the world would change that.

A/N: no this is not the end! actually the story's just getting started ^^ the conflict of this story is coming up so yeah :) i'm reallyyy sorry for not having updated in so long >.< i feel even more guilty because this is a requested story so this should be my top focus ://// finals have been getting in the way...but they're done now so more updates coming soon! :D