A Sudden Proposition

Impossible Love

Junho's POV

"Junho, this is Chansung. Chansung this is Junho!" Min enthusiastically introduced.

A look of surprise flitted across Chansung's face at the mention of my name.

"Junho? Could you possibly be the boy I accidentally spilled coffee on the other day?" he asked curiously, and I swear i detected a bit of hope in his voice. or maybe that's just me being delusional.

I quickly got up and grabbed his hand, ignoring the fluttering feeling that ignited in my heart when I did, and quickly signed back.

Yep that's me. I'm surprised to meet you again.

"Ahh I'm surprised too. Must be fate, huh?" he replied jokingly with a beautiful smile that made my heart pound hard in my chest.

"Hmm so you two already know each other?" Min asked curiously. "Well then that's perfect! You guys should get along well then. I was afraid you two wouldn't get along, seeing that it took US quite a while to get along huh?" She gave me a pointy look at that last statement. I only rolled my eyes in response.

"So what exactly am I tutoring Junho in?" Chansung asked. 

"Oh nothing for you to be too concerned about! Just helping in the areas I'm lacking in. It also helps give a different perspective in the teaching when the person teaching is actually impaired themselves!" Min replied fleetingly. "Now that you know what you're going to do...I'm off! To..uh...pick up supplies! See ya!"

With that she left in a flash, too fast for either of us to protest. 

An awkward silence soon filled the room, us standing there with no idea what to do. Wait. We're in a room together. Alone. My cheeks warmed at the thought of that. Stupid Junho what are you thinking?! There's nothing out of the oridinary with the situation...none at all...

"She's quite energetic isn't she?" Chansung eventually said, breaking the silence.

Quite. Sometime's too much to handle. I think you're only here so she can slack off on her job. 

"Maybe. But that's fine by me. Anyway's lets start on your lesson. Can you lead me to the table?" he replies with a charming smile. I blushed at his words as I led him to the table and told him what I was on and stuff. He said he doesn't mind being alone with me...somehow those words filled me up with a joyous and warm, fluttery feeling that I can't explain.

We went on like this for a week. Everyday afterschool I would eagerly make my way to the center with absolutely no detours, a first for me. I actually looked forward to classes, and put more than my all into my communications study. Deep down I knew it is all because Chansung is the one teaching me, and knowing that he'll be there, smiling, teaching me with his lyrical voice, motivated me beyond anything that could. But I didn't dare admit it, not even to myself. If I did...it would be like baring my heart to the world, a fearful prospect I don't think I'm ready for. Or ever will be ready for. 

One Saturday morning we were both summoned by Min to an extra lesson at the building. We both had no idea what was going on or what was in store for us. We both arrived at the same time, me still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and Chansung looking sharp and handsome as always, even in a casual polo and jeans. 

"So what's this all about?" Chansung asks, saying the question for the both of us. Min mischievously turned to us with a devilish gleam in her eyes and said,

"You guys are going on....a field trip!"

"A...field trip?" Chansung asked, confused.

"Yep that's right! It's boring just DISCUSSING about the uses about certain types of communication in certain situations right? you need some hands on experience! and the PERFECT way to do that is to put you two on a field trip!" came Min's energetic response.

Where exactly is our field trip taking place? I asked, slightly annoyed by her hyperness this early in the morning.

"Heh heh, well at an amusement park of course!" she replied happily.

"An amusement park? Why an amusement park?" Chansung asked.

"Well it's the perrrrrfect place for a field trip, no? Tons of interaction and to top it off it's a fun place! I JUST so happen to have tickets for the both of you!" she repies and hastily shoves the tickets into our hands. "Now then you have to use them today or else ok? Have fun and don't forget to write a paper on your experience! Bye!"

With that she yet again leaves in a blink of an eye.

I sighed and ruffled my bed hed hair.

She could just say she had 2 free amusement park tickets that she didn't know what to do with. I signed to Chansung

"Really? How do you know?" Chansung replied in surprise.

Let's just say she's very predictable and easy to read after knowing her for 3 years.

Chansung chuckled at this and said,

"Well whatever. looks like we got ourselves free tickets to an amusement park. Let's get going!" 

He smiled at me ,and I smiled back, depsite knowing he can't see it. I confidently took his hand and led him out of the building to the subway, which we'll take to the amusement park. Maybe, just maybe, I'll consider opening my heart to him.