One In a Million Chance

Impossible Love

Junho POV

"Hey Junho, you ok? you look as though you didn't get any sleep last night," my brother Junsu asked in concern the next day at breakfast.

I'm fine, you're probably just overexamining me I teased as i continued to eat my breakfast. In truth i really didn't get much sleep last night. my mind couldn't stop replaying what happened yesterday. I could still fill his touch ghosting across my skin, his voice a blissful repeating echo in my mind. I CAN'T get this man out of my mind no matter what I tried, and I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand i really wanted to follow my heart and love this man, to entrust him with everything about me, to get to know him and maybe one day be together. On the other hand, my unfortunately realistic and apprehensive side tells me there's no way we can be together. The chances of us meeting again are minisculy thin, a one in a million chance that I'm pretty sure I'm too unlucky to have. Another problem is how in the world are you able to love someone when you can't see or hear them? I can't possibly imagine how that could happen, seeing that those 2 factors play a pretty big role in love if you asked me. No way could he ever love me back...And yet there's still a deeper, darker, ulterior reason why I feel I shouldn't,no can't, love him. After the bullying incident 4 years ago I couldn't trust anyone besides my brother. At first it was so bad I didn't even trust other people to prepare my food in case they would screw it up or poison me or something. yeah that's to the extreme, but that's how I was. Eventually i loosened up, but I still can't trust people at all, which is also another factor in why I have no true friends. I swore to myself I'll never trust anyone ever again in an attempt to shield  my wounded heart from the cruel world.

My mixed emotions frustrated me so much I would've smashed my head into my plate of scrambled eggs if it wasn't for my over-worried brother sitting across from me. He's always watching over me with the utmost care, and I appreciate that. But sometimes it can get a bit too much, like the time he wanted to take me to the ER after I got a light cut on my knee. But that's your caring, overprotective brother for you, though I do understand why he's like that.

All throughout the day my mind was preoccupied with thought of Chansung and my frustratingly mixed emotions. I attended my classes like a zombie, the actions of taking notes and getting to class set on autopilot as my real consciousness wandered in the world of Chansung-land. By the end of the school day I swear if i thought of him anymore he'd just show up!

I wandered my way to my communications class after school and sat down in a desk, waiting for my teacher Min to show up. The classes are one on one for a better learning experience, and i do admit I'm learning a ton faster than I thought I would. You'd think one on one would be awkward, but not with Min. Never with Min in fact. She basically fills up every awkward silence with her loud and fun personality and she somehow has the ability to make things fun when they really aren't. 

"Helloooooo there Junho! Ready for class?" came Min's excited voice as she enters the room and plops her textbooks down with a BAM.

I'm always ready I reply back nonchalantly. I've been long past being deterred by her charismatic nature, and she has never been deterred by my cool, almost cold replies. not that tone can really be detected when you're signing.

"Alllllll righty, let's get started! By the way, after today's lesson I'll be introducing your new tutor!"

New tutor? I asked in slight alarm. You're not going to be my teacher anymore?

"Nonsense I still am! He's just coming in every other day to help take your lessons to a more in depth level that's all!" Min replied back cheerfully.

Ok...I replied. 

We then got into our daily lesson, but like school, I was totally out of it. Most of the review work i could survive going on autopilot, but once we started learning new words and signs was when I ran into trouble.

"What did you just sign?" Min asked suddenly. I snapped out of my Chansung-induced stupor and stared back at Min in surprise.

What?

"Well, it looked as though you just signed 'I love Chansung.' care to share the meaning or was that just a mistake?"

Hearing this all the blood rushed into my face and i quickly looked down in embarassment. Oh god did i seriously just sign that?!

I-it was just a mistake. Really. I signed to her quickly, not able to look her in the eye now.

"Uh huh..."she replied, looking at me suspiciously. "Well whatever. I think we'll end our lesson here for today. You've been quite out of it, don't think I didn't notice! Did something happen?"

Kind of...I signed. She waited for me to sign more, but when she saw I had no intentions of giving her any details she dropped the subject.

"Anyways, I just received a text that your new tutor is here! I'm going to go get him, so I'll be right back." 

With that Min abruptly left the room, leaving me to myself. 

As soon as the door closed i bashed my head into my desk. Idiot, idiot, idiot! what in the world was i thinking, signing something like that?! God i'm so embarassed...I really need to snap out of it, i really do...grrr curse you Chansung for making me feel this way! 

I sat there for a bit, my head on my desk, simmering in my embarassed anger. Then i let out a reluctant sigh and sat up. If only I could see him again...

"I'm baaaaaaack!" Min practically yelled as she spontaneously kicked open the classroom door. I flinched in surprise, and probably would've yelled too if I had my voice. 

"Here's your new tutor! He's going to be helping you in communicating through hand signing since you seem to be lacking quite a lot in that area!"

I looked and saw a tall man step through the door behind Min, and I felt my breath hitch, my heartbeat speeding up and the warm, foreign feeling in my heart returning.

It's him. It's Chansung.

 

A/N: hi again ^^ again it's kinda short ik XD  thanks for the feedback and such, it's reasuring to here that the story is being well received hehe :D cya at the next update~