Teachers AU

Daydreams

Prompt: where woogyu are teachers in the same school desperately trying to keep their relationship under wraps but literally everyone (students!!, other teachers, etc) knows about it and yet they both still don't know that people know and hence are still trying to hide it? :3

“You look nice today,” Woohyun whispered to Sunggyu as he walked past the elder in the hallways. Woohyun didn’t even turn around to see Sunggyu’s reaction. There probably wasn’t one anyway. Sunggyu would just act as if nothing happened. And nothing could or was supposed to happen between them. And so Woohyun kept on walking until he reached his music room.

Inside of his room, there was the usual: about 30 girls excitedly chatting with one another about the latest idol groups or the cute boys from the middle school next door. But there was also a surprise in the form of a paper bag lying on top of his desk. Woohyun couldn’t refrain from smiling. He knew where this bag came from, and it perfectly explained why his hyung had been at the wrong part of the hallway at the wrong time (the two knew each other’s schedules down pat). Woohyun sat down at his desk as he took off the yellow post-it note from the bag and read it, “You left these at my place. I thought that you might like them back ^^.” Curious and excited, Woohyun grinned widely as he tore open the bag…

…then he immediately crumbled up the bag and it’s contents, quickly jamming it into a drawer and slamming it shut. He groaned loudly as he ran his hands over his head, ruffling his hair in frustration. He was nearing the edge of a mental breakdown. He was lucky that none of his girls had opened it, but his mind couldn’t help forming scenarios about what would have happened if they did. Each one causing his cheeks to grow redder and his palms to become sweatier. 

“What is it, Saem?” one of his students asked, slightly concerned.

Woohyun lifted his head only to see all of the girls’ attention focused on him. He stood up from his seat. “Nothing. Nothing at all,” he insisted although his forced smile betrayed him. Then he clapped to distract the students. “Now let’s get up and start with our vocal warm-up!”


“Yah!” Woohyun whispered harshly to Sunggyu, who was sitting next to him. They were now in the teachers’ lounge, eating their lunch. “What were you thinking this morning, putting that on my desk? What if one of the girls’ saw it?”

Sunggyu shrugged. “That’s why I stapled it shut,” he answered nonchalantly. One of them had to keep their cool as to not draw suspicion.

Woohyun rolled his eyes. “That’s not exactly a lock, hyung. Anybody could have opened it,” his voice was raising slightly.

Sunggyu then turned to him and narrowed his eyes. “Yah! Don’t lecture me about leaving your boxers on your desk when last week you had the entire school’s chorus sing that love song you wrote about me,” he tried his best to keep his voice low but it rose a bit at the end.

“Sh!” Woohyun hushed as his eyes darted around the lounge. “It was just love song. It could’ve been about anybody.”

“But you used my pet name,” Sunggyu argued.

Woohyun sighed. “Yea because no one else in the world calls their lover ‘jagi’,” he retorted.

“Forget it,” Sunggyu dismissed, waving his hands in the air. “The both of us just have to be more careful. We work at a middle school full of young, impressionable girls. Not to mention, relationships at the workplace are kind of taboo.” The elder ended with a frustrated sigh as he crammed the last piece of his kimbap into his mouth.

Woohyun carefully watched the other chew, afraid that he might choke. But then he just ended up sighing too as he picked a piece of rice from Sunggyu’s cheek and flicked it to the other end of the room. “I know. It’s frustrating. I wish we could be more open about it too,” he whispered softly back as he got up and began to clear away the table. “Have a good class.”

“You too,” Sunggyu mumbled back.

But before the couple could separate, a loud voice boomed, “Kim-ssi, Nam-ssi, exactly the two teachers that I wanted to see.” The two turned to see the principal, a kind-faced old woman. Both of them gulped.
“Yes, what is it?” Sunggyu managed to croak out. 

The principal presented a piece of paper to the two men. “The girls voted for the cutest couple in the school, and here is the results and the yearbook page mock-up of them.”

Sunggyu reached over with both hands to take the paper. Woohyun came up next to him to look at it too. “WHAT?!” they gasped in unison. Across the top of the page in bold-face letters was: “Cutest Couple: Nam Woohyun and Kim Sunggyu.” And right underneath it was a picture of Woohyun sitting on Sunggyu’s desk, pestering the elder as he graded the Chinese exams (and clearly enjoying Woohyun’s attention). 

“W-what?” Woohyun stuttered. Sunggyu was in too much of a shock to say anything. “Th-this isn’t what it looks like.”

“But it is,” the principal responded with a warm smile. “And isn’t the photo by the janitor amazing? I think he’s an amateur photographer or something,” she praised and then she turned towards the rest of the teachers in the lounge who were looking on with amusement. “Alright guys, pay up!”

Sungyeol cursed as he withdrew his wallet and dispensed the bills into the principal’s open palm, “Darn it, I really thought that Mijoo and Sujeong were going to win.” He then turned towards the winners and scoffed, “You guys need to stop being friggin’ adorable. You just cost me 20,000 won.” Other teachers then lined up and did the same. 

Sunggyu went over to the principal’s side. “You knew?” he asked.

The principal chuckled as she through her newly acquired money, “Oh, dear, we all knew.”

Woohyun grinned widely. “Well then,” he began. He then walked over and pecked Sunggyu on the cheek. “Have a nice class, jagi,” he wished and slapped the other on the behind before leaving the lounge.

Before Sunggyu could yell at the other, he was cut off by a loud groan. “Like I said, stop being so friggin’ cute,” Sungyeol shouted from the other end of the room. “You guys are in a drama for crying out loud!”