Jealousy

Daydreams

Prompt: Can you do a Drabble where Woohyun is jealous of Sunggyu and Minho after he watches Fluttering Indo?

(A/N: I played around with this one too…hehe sorry!)

Nam Woohyun had mixed feelings about Sunggyu going to India in the first place. 

Sunggyu did not travel well. Sunggyu did not like the heat. Sunggyu had to squeeze this trip in between schedules. And Sunggyu did not do well without rest. 

Woohyun, on the other hand, always wanted to go to India, and he was hoping that he’d be the next member to be sent overseas for a variety show. Sungyeol got to go to Belize. And after that, Dongwoo was sent into the jungle to join his long-lost animal brethren. Woohyun would be the next logical choice. Woohyun who was up for anything. Woohyun who always dreamed about being an MC. Woohyun who could actually drink the water in a foreign country.

But all of that was okay. Sunggyu promised to promote Infinite while he was there, and knowing their leader, he would take that mission seriously. Before he had left, he promised that the next time he’d go to India, it would be soon, it would be with the rest of the members, and it would be to have a concert there.

Woohyun was fine with all of that…but then the pre-show aired, and then episodes of the show were broadcast, and Sunggyu’s phone was incessantly buzzing with messages from the “Indo” group chat.

He honestly hated feeling this way. He tried not to because it could be detrimental to the team, but…god damn it! He was jealous.

But worse than being jealous, than seething in his seat as he watched Fluttering Indo (out of obligation), was the look on Sunggyu’s face, one of careful pity as he expected Woohyun to be upset at what he saw.

“What?” Woohyun barked after he couldn’t take Sunggyu’s glances anymore.

Sunggyu sighed and turned off the tv. “I’m sorry,” he muttered. “You know, you don’t have to watch it.”

“I’m just making sure that you keep your promise,” he grumbled. “Turn it back on.”

“No,” Sunggyu snapped back. “You already saw me make a pink-promise with that woman and I showed you the card from the director. I held up my end of the bargain. You can stop watching now. It’s obviously making you upset.”

Woohyun rolled his eyes and faced the other. “And do you know why I’m upset?” he challenged darkly.

Sunggyu looked down and started picking at the seat cushion. “I have an idea,” he admitted after a strained silence. “Woohyun…it’s just television. Minho is…”

“My friend!” Woohyun cut him off.

Sunggyu took in a deep breath. “I know,” he said. “And that’s why I’m saying to not worry about it. It’s nothing.”

Woohyun made a strange sputtering noise and then chuckled darkly. “Hyung, you don’t know,” he spoke with a snide tone.

“I do!” Sunggyu fought back. “And I’m telling you that I like you more!”

“Don’t be so self-centered. Not everything is about you,” Woohyun bit back. “That’s not it at all. Minho is my friend,” he repeated the last sentence slowly. But Sunggyu was still staring at him blankly. He didn’t get it. “I’m not upset because he’s close to you. I’m upset that you’re close to him. He was my friend first,” he explained and ended with a pout.

Sunggyu sat there in silence for a few seconds, but then a small smile crept on his face as he nodded. “So it’s still about me,” he pointed out.

Woohyun groaned. “Fine it technically is,” he admitted quickly. 

“Isn’t better like this?” Sunggyu asked as he leaned his head back onto the headrest of the couch. He was to his side, facing Woohyun across from him. “Now we’re both friends with him.”

“Hyung, I liked him because you weren’t friends with him. Shinee were supposed to be my friends. You said it yourself on that one show,” Woohyun ranted.

Sunggyu screwed up his face in thought. “I don’t get it. Isn’t Sungyeol also friends because of that whole 91-line thing?”

Woohyun sighed in frustration. Sunggyu wasn’t getting it and Woohyun didn’t want to admit it. “Sort of, but they all liked me more…until now,” Woohyun ended, glaring at Sunggyu, hoping that the elder would understand now.

“Oh,” Sunggyu finally got it. “You feel like I’m stealing your friends.”

“Yes,” Woohyun admitted. “And I don’t want to share everything with Infinite, with you…It was nice having a group of friends that were all mine. To get away from all of you guys. But now…they’re your friends too.” Now Sunggyu would be invited along to events that he hadn’t been before, probably befriend more of Woohyun’s friends there, become a permanent member of the group. And now all of the sudden, Woohyun’s little refuge, little reprieve from Infinite was now infiltrated by the most…Sunggyu-ish of all of the members.

“Look. You can still have Key. I don’t want him,” Sunggyu joked. But the look on Woohyun’s face told him that it wasn’t the time for joking. “Sorry,” he apologized again. “I’m sorry for being so charismatic,” he attempted at joking again and carefully watched Woohyun to gage his response.

“Don’t be sorry,” Woohyun mumbled. “I’m just being petty.” He rubbed his chest, hoping that this feeling would go away just as easily as he spoke those words. But it didn’t. It probably wouldn’t for awhile. It was never easy to see your good friend become closer with somebody else, even another good friend (which sometimes maybe made it hurt a bit more). “Of course you can be friends with Minho too.”

“I wasn’t going to stop just because of this,” Sunggyu pointed out. “After all, he did say that I was his favorite…of all the people who went to India,” he quickly added after seeing Woohyun’s frown deepen.

Woohyun drummed his fingers on his chest. It’s okay. You’re better looking and more likable than Sunggyu anyway. Even the fans voted you first that one time. You’ll make more friends. Like Kiu! Yea, Sunggyu would never want to hang out with him. A small spread across his face again and his chest felt less tight. He turned to Sunggyu. “And now what did you say? You like me a LOT more than Minho?” he asked with a coy smile.

Sunggyu cleared his throat and avoided Woohyun’s gaze. “I have no idea what you’re talking about. Hey! Let’s watch me some more! Jonghyun said the funniest thing. I wonder if they’re going to air it. It’s probably not appropriate for tv though.”

(A/N: this was a problem that me and my older sister had all of the time. When we were in high school, some of our friends were shared between us, and neither of us liked it when one would favor the other. But sharing is caring? haha)