What Happened...

Daydreams

“! It’s on us! Move!”

“How did it find us?”

“I don’t know. I really don’t know. I can’t believe it.” 

“Shut up and keep going!” Hoya yelled as he pushed Myungsoo into the elevator. He pushed the ‘close door’ button repeatedly after everyone was safe inside. Everyone was there, but Hoya counted anyways. “One, two, three, four, five, good,” he said with a sigh of relief and slid down the mirrored wall.

The rest joined him on the floor of the elevator, all except Sungyeol who was staring at the door with wide-eyes and standing next to the panel. “Where to? We can’t stop it. We need a key.”

“F-“ Hoya began and then shot a worried glance to his right. He carried on, “Forget that. Let’s regroup at our rooms. We have stuff that we can use there.”

“A-are we going to fight it?” Dongwoo stammered, looking at the others nervously. Then he turned his gaze to his hands. He never thought he’d have to use them to kill it; he’d also thought of them as healing hands, but now…He laughed out of desperation. “I guess we don’t have a choice.”

“No, we don’t,” Woohyun chimed in. “And Yeol, stop looking at the door and press the damn button.”

“Oh sorry,” Sungyeol apologized and pressed the button to their room on the top floor. 25 stories, he thought to himself as he took a seat next to Myungsoo. Would we be able to put 25 floors between us?”

“What if it’s there?” Myungsoo dared to ask the question on everybody’s mind.

“Run,” Woohyun plainly stated back.

Hoya got up from his seat, noticing that the elevator was climbing at a quick speed. They’ll be there soon. “Whether he’s there or not, run,” he commanded. “I’d rather not take the risk.”

Dongwoo raised his head. “Who’s room are we going to?” he asked.

“Whosever is closest. So everyone, take out your keys. We’ll be there soon,” Hoya announced. And one by one the members got up from the floor. He looked about the tight quarters and raised his eyebrows. “Ready?” 

Ding!

“GO! GO! GO!”

Slam. Slam.

“Crap,” Hoya cursed, hitting his head against the shut door. “We got split up.” He let out a deep breath and pulled back, looking at Dongwoo and Woohyun behind him. “Well, let’s gear up.”

<><><><><><><><><> 

“How did this happen?” Sungyeol asked as he sat next to Myungsoo on the bed. “Your room was the closest.”

Myungsoo had grabbed a pillow and pulled it closer to his chest. “I don’t know,” his voice was muffled by the pillow. He then turned his head towards Sungyeol. “Do you think they’re okay?”

“Of course!” Sungyeol encouraged, patting Myungsoo’s back. “Hoya’s with them. They’ll be fine.” 

“That’s what we thought about Sungjong, and now look at him.”

“That,” Sungyeol stopped to swallow the lump that had quickly formed in his throat. The same lump that always formed whenever he thought about their former maknae, and what had happened to him.  No one ever deserved that. “That wasn’t Hoya’s fault.”

Myungsoo didn’t seem convinced. He looked away and dug his cheek deeper into the pillow. “I knew that we never should’ve gone to Hong Kong,” he mumbled. 

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Sungyeol cast a glance over to his friend and then sighed. “I’ll go get it,” he offered. “It’s probably them.” He stood up from the bed, walked towards the door and looked out of the peephole. “OH MY GOD!” he yelped, jumping back, and clutching his heart. Panting and with his heart racing, he turned towards Myungsoo.  Myungsoo had never seen his friend so scared in his life.

“It’s here.”

<><><><><><><><><><> 

“Do you think this will help?” Dongwoo asked, showing a can of hairspray to Woohyun.

The vocal nodded. “Yea, you can spray it in its eyes, or…Hey, Hoya! Did you find any matches?”

“No,” Hoya quickly answered from the bathroom. Then he came out. “But I’m taking this,” he declared as he grabbed the ice pick from the ice bucket. It was the best weapon that they could probably find in this room. The only one that could deliver lasting damage. So their best fighter should have it. The others easily allowed Hoya to take it.

Especially Dongwoo, who was clutching the can of hairspray tightly. All of this still left a bad taste in his mouth. “I don’t think I can do this. This isn’t his fault,” Dongwoo confessed with his eyes fixed on the floor.

Woohyun walked over and patted his shoulder. “What can we do? He was infected…the virus…”

“I know!” Dongwoo snapped. He fell back on the bed and buried his face in his hands. “I know,” he said more quietly.

“He’s not the only one infected. There were others too,” Hoya mentioned as he looked through his bag again for anything and for the tenth time. He then looked over to Dongwoo sternly. “They all had to be taken care of.” 

Woohyun was now on the other side of the room, piling sweatshirt over sweatshirt as some makeshift armor. “It’s a shame that it got him,” Woohyun added. “And now we have to kill him?”

“Do we? Do we really have to?” Dongwoo argued. “Can’t we save him?”

“No,” Hoya responded. His words carried weight as if they were law, and they had been law this whole time. He was their leader now. “There’s no time. We have to get him before he gets us.”

<><><><><><><><><><> 

“We have to get him before he gets us,” Sungyeol whispered harshly to Myungsoo, who was standing closely next to him. “Are you ready?”

“Eung,” Myungsoo nodded and gripped the sides of the blanket tightly.

Their plan was simple. Myungsoo was going to throw the blanket over his head, and like a net (hopefully), it would trap him underneath it, rendering him unable to move. And then Sungyeol was going to beat the crap out of it with Woohyun’s portable keyboard that they found in the room. It was heavy, and Sungyeol could barely hold onto it. But the keyboard should bludgeon it, maybe even to death. 

“Okay,” Sungyeol said, unlocking the door. He looked back at Myungsoo as he reached for the doorknob. “It’s go time!” 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

The two of them screamed. Myungsoo threw the blanket over it. Fortunately, it had worked at planned, and even better. It tripped over the blanket and fell onto the floor. Then Myungsoo closed his eyes shut and turned away as he hear the thud, thud, thud of Sungyeol hitting it over and over again with the keyboard, all while screaming at it and telling it to “DIE! JUST DIE!”

Then all Myungsoo could hear was heavy panting. He opened his eyes and craned his neck. Sungyeol was standing over it, still covered in the blanket. A pool of red was staining the formerly white sheet. Sungyeol then tossed the keyboard aside. “He’s dead,” he claimed without any life in his voice. He then turned to Myungsoo with his eyes wide in surprise. “I…I just killed him…it’s over.”

<><><><><><><><><><> 

Hoya scanned the room. He let out a deep sigh. This was it, his team. Woohyun was almost immobile; he could barely move under all of those layers of clothing. And Dongwoo…Dongwoo was in the midst of having a moral crisis, still sitting on the bed with his head in his hands, muttering about “life” and “right.” Hoya clapped his hands together, hoping to snap the two out of it. “Let’s go,” he commanded.

Woohyun quickly grabbed Dongwoo’s patchika and hobbled over next to Hoya by the door, and Dongwoo tried too…but when he tried to take a step forward, his foot was held in its place. He could feel a hand tightening around his ankle. “G-guys,” he whimpered quietly. “I can’t move.”

The other two turned slowly towards him with their jaws unhinged and eyes round in terror. “N-no,” Woohyun stammered. “DONGWOO! NO!”

It was too late. Dongwoo fell forward onto the floor and was crying for the other two to help him (or to run) as he was being dragged quickly under the bed.

“DONGWOO!” Woohyun yelled again. He tried to go towards his friend, but Hoya grabbed him and pulled him out into the hallway. After the door was slammed shut, Woohyun pushed Hoya off of him. “What are you doing? We can still save him!”

Hoya grabbed at his collar. “No, no we can’t! We have to go! Now!” he yelled, yanking Woohyun along with him. But Woohyun wouldn’t budge. Hoya groaned and shouted, “Fine, die with Dongwoo! I’m going to go and live.” And with that, he ran down the hallway.

Woohyun bounced on the balls of his feet, looking back and forth between the shut door and Hoya. He cursed under his breath and ran after Hoya. Tears filled his eyes.

Within a few seconds, Woohyun had caught up with Hoya, and the both of them caught up with Myungsoo and Sungyeol, poking at a lump under a red-stained blanket. Hearing the footsteps approach them, Sungyeol perked his head up and saw Woohyun and Hoya. “I killed him!” he exclaimed jovially. “It’s over.”

“No, it’s not!” Hoya bore the bad news. “RUN!”

“W-what?” Sungyeol stammered, seeing Woohyun and Hoya blow right past him. Then he saw Myungsoo get up out of the corner of his eye and chase after the others. He got to his feet too.

“What do you mean that it isn’t over?”

<><><><><><><><><><><><> 

The four of them found sanctuary in a janitor’s closet. Hoya hoped that the stench of ammonia and other cleaning supplies would be enough to mask their own. And that was assuming that those things didn’t hunt by smell.

“Dongwoo-hyung’s gone?” Myungsoo asked. He couldn’t believe it. But judging by Woohyun’s uncontrolled whimpers and Hoya’s stone-face, it was true. He felt tears welling up his own eyes. “Why?!” he shouted angrily. “WHY?! I thought there was only one! And Sungyeol killed him!”

“There was never only one,” Hoya hated doing this. Why did he always have to bear the bad news? He had to tell the others about Sungjong and about the entire situation in the first place. He was even starting to hate himself.

“What? He’s here?” Woohyun asked with a shaky voice. He looked about the closet at the others. “He can’t be!”

Sungyeol leaned closer to Hoya and whispered lest he’d upset the others even more, “Did you see him?”

Hoya shook his head. “I couldn’t get a good look, but I don’t know who else it could be. He’s the one that started this all.”

“It can’t be him. It just can’t,” Woohyun muttered, clasping his hands around his knees and rocking back and forth. “It can’t be him. It just can’t.”

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The door shook under the hits, as if it was being hit by a battering ram. And now the handle was shaking violently. It was only a matter of time before he got into here too. Hoya stood up, tightening his grip around the ice pick. “You guys head for the pool,” he ordered. “It hates the water. It can’t swim.”

Myungsoo sniffed loudly and looked up at the rapper. “What about you?”

“I’m going to try to kill it.”

“Hyung! NO!” Sungyeol argued back. Hoya swallowed. Sungyeol was being serious. He hadn’t called Hoya formally as ‘hyung’ in years. Sungyeol’s eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his socket at any second. “It’s going to kill you.”

Hoya took in a deep breath. He can’t change his mind. There wasn’t time. “Look,” he began. “Out of all of us, I have the best chance of killing him and surviving. And if not…” He gulped and took in the remaining members’ faces for possibly the last time. “I’ll buy you enough time to escape.” 

“Hyung,” Sungyeol begged again.

But Myungsoo wasn’t so against it. He got up from his seat, walked over, and hugged Hoya. “I love you, hyung. Thank you,” he murmured into Hoya’s neck, clutching him more tightly.

Hoya hugged him back and then pulled the younger off of him, only to be replaced by Woohyun. “I love you too.”

“Me too,” Sungyeol added, joining in on the hug.

“While this is nice, if we stay like this, we’re all going to die,” Hoya meant for it to be a joke, but there was too much truth in it. The other three immediately stepped back from the rapper.

“Good luck,” Woohyun wished him.

“You too,” Hoya returned, fixing his eyes on the other instead of the others. He grabbed the door knob. “On three…One…two…THREE!” he yelled, opening up the door and lunging onto the monster behind it.

The other three didn’t even turn to look behind them as they sprinted down the hallway. It was better not to know at this point. And after climbing only one flight of stairs, they reached the rooftop pool. The three of them jumped into the pool as soon as they reached it. When they broke through the surface, they were grasping and frantically treading water.

“Do you think it got him?” Sungyeol asked the other two. 

“We’ll see,” Woohyun responded, breathing more heavily than the rest. He was struggling. His several layers soaked up the water and was weighing him down. He didn’t know how much longer he could tread water. He was about to swim towards the shallow end, when Myungsoo’s panic-stricken face stopped him. “W-what?”

“It’s here.”

Woohyun spun back around, and saw it grabbing a raft, putting it in the water, and climbing on. “Can it do that?”

“It just did!” Sungyeol yelled. It had just successfully gotten on top of the raft and was now paddling towards them. Sungyeol immediately dove under the water and made his way to the end of the pool. When he reached the pool’s edge, he gripped it and pulled himself up. And once he was out, he saw Myungsoo reaching the edge, with his hand out of the water for Sungyeol to grab. Sungyeol took his hand and pulled his friend out of the water. “Woohyun?” Sungyeol asked. Myungsoo just shook his head. Sungyeol lifted his head, and that’s when he saw it. It was hard to see through all of the splashing water. But there was Woohyun flailing. And it was dunking him into and out of the water mercilessly.

“We have to go,” Myungsoo said, still holding Sungyeol’s hand and pulling him away from the pool. But just within a few steps, he realized it. They were stuck, trapped on the rooftop. “Uh oh.”

Sungyeol spun his head around desperately. “There!” he yelled, pointing at shrub. It wasn’t much. It was barely anything, but it was their only hope.

The two of them ran and hid behind the shrub, just barely wide enough to cover the two of them. Right as they sat down, Sungyeol brought his finger to his lips, motioning to the other to be silent. Myungsoo nodded, even holding his breath. He just closed his eyes and leaned against the other. They had seen much today, too much. But they were quite possibly going to die in a few seconds. Myungsoo opened up one eye cautiously and then the other. If they were going to die, Myungsoo at least wanted his last sight to be of one of the members he loved dearly. Then maybe…he could at least die happily, thinking of those memories, of good times that they had together. He raised his head slowly to look up at Sungyeol’s face. And the other must’ve been thinking the same thing. He was looking down at Myungsoo with warm eyes (and his eyes finally returning to their normal size).

That’s when Myungsoo say it. “What?” Sungyeol barely moved his lips when he spoke. 

“Don’t move. It’s right behind you.”

“WHAT?!” Sungyeol didn’t just move. He flinched. He yelled. He got its attention. And now Sungyeol was being dragged away from behind the bush.

Myungsoo shut his eyes again. He didn’t want to see this, especially this. But he heard it, and it sounded like Sungyeol was thrown off from the edge of the rooftop. Myungsoo got up and tried to run, run with his eyes still closed shut. But he soon fell down, the pavement digging into his skin. Even more harshly now with the weight on top of him. Myungsoo flipped over and opened his eyes again, seeing his leader looming over him with a animalistic sneer on his face. “H-hyung! You don’t have to be like this! I can help you!” Myungsoo yelled desperately, but this really was his last hope.

Sunggyu leaned in and growled, “This is what you get for leaving me behind in Hong Kong.”

….

“Pbft!” Myungsoo sputtered. “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Sunggyu let him go and watched the visual, rolling around on the ground in laughter. 

“Aaaaand cut!” Woohyun announced. He had taken off all of his layers and was now wrapped in a towel. He walked up to Sunggyu and Myungsoo with Dongwoo right next to him. Dongwoo shuffled over to Myungsoo, throwing a towel onto the visual so that he could dry off. “Good job, you guys! We can edit out the last part and Sunggyu-hyung’s voice to make it scarier.” 

“You guys,” Sungjong began but had to soon stop to regain his breath. He was clutching a camera tightly in his hand. “Ran around too much. Did we really have to get this in one-shot.” He glared over at Woohyun. “You’re editing it anyway.” 

Woohyun shrugged, “I didn’t think we’d have time.”

Hoya came up to their sides. “Do you think Hyoan-hyung is hurt?” he asked, looking about nervously.

“I don’t know,” Sungyeol said and appeared over the ‘edge’ of the roof (which only led onto a sunken patio). He climbed over the ledge. “I’m a little to afraid to check.” 

Woohyun walked over, bent down next to Sunggyu, and put his arm around the leader. “Now are you going to stop complaining that you weren’t in the last one, hyung?” he teased.

Sunggyu pouted and tried to shake off the other. “I never complained…I just don’t like being left out,” he lied. 

“But now you’re the star…alongside Myungsoo, of course,” Woohyun added. “And it’s another masterpiece from Nam Director. Woooo!” he cheered. He got up and took the camera away from the maknae. It was time to edit his new film.

But he didn’t leave everybody behind. Sungyeol was hot on his trail. “Yah! You’re going to put my name on it more than once this time, right? And in big letters? This was all my idea!”

WHAT HAPPENED…IN JAPAN!

Prompt:Infinite shenanigans in their hotel room when they went to japan,please! (It doesn’t have to be in their hotel room