New Couple

Fairy Fantasy

~Hyun’s POV~

Seulchan woke me up the next morning.

“Yo Hyun, wake up. School time. Don’t you wanna see Minah again?” he knew how to wake me up. I sprung out of bed when I heard Minah’s name. I walked into the bathroom, where Han and Roi were brushing their teeth. I washed my face and tried flattening my hair down, which wouldn’t go down of course. I gave up and changed into my uniform. I went into the kitchen, were I saw Boun and G.I making breakfast for everyone. I grabbed a pancake from the plate on the table and wolfed it down. I made sure my homework was in my bag and the little gift I had gotten for Minah was in there too. After everyone had eaten, we left the house, walking towards Minah’s place. We got there and rang the doorbell, but she didn’t answer and we saw no signs of movement in her house.

“Nothing happened to her right?” I began to sweat and worry.

“Don’t be ridiculous, we saw her go inside her place yesterday remember?” G.I chided me for thinking of such things. I walked up ahead to the little café just ahead and looked through the window, everyone following me. I saw the back of a black skirt and a head of long black hair and knew it was Minah. She was taking out her wallet to pay for a muffin. I ran inside, pulling out my own wallet, and handed a few bills to the cashier. Minah looked up.

“Hyun? What are you doing here?”

“We stopped by your place to pick you up but you weren’t there. I had a feeling you might be here instead,” I explained to her. “Come on, we’ll be late.”

She grabbed her muffin off the counter and we stepped outside, where she greeted the rest.

“You gave us a scare earlier Minah, I thought something happened to you,” I held onto her hand as she ate her muffin with the other.

“Nothing will happen to me Hyun, I’m fine,” she smiled up at me, and I could feel my heart melt at her eye smile and dimpled cheeks. We all walked to school. When we stepped through the gates, the bell rang. Everyone scattered, Minah and I going to Classroom B and the rest to Classroom E. When we sat down in our seats, we passed up last night’s homework. The teacher collected them, flipping through each paper.

“Wow Hyun did his homework for once? Give him a round of applause everybody.”

Everyone clapped as I stood up and took a bow and waved my hands to the class as Minah shook her head. When the clapping died down, I sat down and the teacher began his lecture. Minah took out her notebook and began to copy down what the teacher wrote on the board. I took out my pen and began doodling in her notes again. She didn’t seem to mind. After the bell rang for break, a few girls ran up to our table.

“Minah, are you going out with Hyun oppa?” one of them asked her.

“Uhh…” Minah looked confused. I grabbed her hand.

“You’ll see during lunch. Look forward to it!” I began to walk away, dragging Minah with me. When we stopped, she turned to me.

“What do you mean about lunch? What’s going on Hyun?” she demanded an answer. I just smiled and ruffled her hair.

“You’ll see at lunch,” I walked her back to our seats in the classroom, where she put a pen on her desk and laid her head on the table, watching me. We stared at each other and I leaned down… and she closed her eyes and turned her head the other way. Why must you be like this Minah? The bell rang and she put her head back up, ready to focus. The teacher came in and passed packets of worksheets around.

“These are due at the end of the period. Your time starts now.”

I opened my packet and got dizzy looking at all the numbers and letters and equations. I glanced at Minah, who was already on her second page.

“Minah, help me!” I began to whine.

“It’s really simple Hyun, how did you get the homework done last night, it’s the same thing.”

She looked at my first page. “What are you confused with?”

“Everything.”

She sighed. “Hyun I know you can do it. Just try it first. I’ll help you if you’re really stuck.”

Then she turned back to her paper. I sighed and picked up my pencil. Remembering what G.I had taught me while he helped me with my homework last night, I breezed through the first page. Minah was already on her 4th page. I caught up with her within a few minutes. When she had finished and put her pen down, I was just finishing up as well. I put my pen down proudly and leaned back in my chair, relaxing. Minah took out her phone and earphones and plugged them in, listening to her music. She put her head down facing my direction and fell asleep within a few minutes. She must be tired. I took off my jacket, making sure I didn’t hit or touch her and folded it up neatly. I carefully lifted her head and shoved the jacket under her head. I brought our packets up to the teacher, who took them and shooed me away. I went back to the table and laid my head down, facing Minah, studying her sleeping face. She had long lashes, a small nose, and slightly chubby cheeks that had dimples when she smiled. As I looked at her more, she shifted around and her long hair fell into her face, hiding it. I gently brushed it away for her and she woke up as the bell rang.

“Oh did I fall asleep?” she yawned. She looked down at the makeshift “pillow” I had made for her and then at my plain white shirt. “Hyun, I was fine on the table you know.”

“Just wanted you to be comfortable. You’re quite a deep sleeper,” I said as she packed up her stuff and we walked to meet up with TARGET.

“Is my hair messy?” she looked up at me, trying to fix her hair.

“Just a bit, right there,” I guided her hand towards a frizzy side and she tried to flatten it down and comb it with her fingers. We found the rest of the members and Wings underneath the tree. She hugged each of them hello and we all walked to the cafeteria. She walked the same pace as me and I took out my gift from my bag and began the little speech I had practiced the night before in my head.

“Minah, I know that I kinda forced you to be in this so-called relationship and I thought you would like an actual proposal or something and I really like you,” I stopped, stood in front of Minah, took out the box, and got down on one knee. “Minah, will you go out with me?”

~Minah’s POV~

Hyun suddenly stopped walking and got down on one knee, holding a box up to me. When I looked closer, I saw couple rings sitting in the box. Everyone began to stare. Hyun looked up at me with pleading eyes. It’s only my second day here and this is what happens? I bit my lip and looked at Hyun, feeling the pressure from the school’s eyes. Taking a deep breath, I nodded.

“Yes Hyun, I will.”

Hyun sprung up, slipped the ring onto my finger and his onto his own, and hugged me as the whole cafeteria erupted into cheers. Everyone from Wings came over and squashed us into a group hug. When we all let go, Hyun put an arm around my shoulder and we walked into the lunch line with everyone else. Since it was a sunny day with little breeze, we decided to eat outside on the lawn. When lunch was over, we headed home. They dropped me off at home and I decided to try and open the locked room.

I began to look around my entire place, searching for a key that would fit the door. When I did find a random key, I tried to fit it into the door and it emitted a bright light but spit the key out moments later. I groaned and continued my search for more keys. When I came up with nothing, I decided to use my powers. I froze the doorknob, hoping it would fall off. My ice just melted off the knob and into a little puddle on the floor. Sighing, I cleaned the water and stared at the doorknob. It remained motionless. I decided to give up for tonight. I went to the little café for dinner then looked at my homework which was due on Monday. I’ll work on it tomorrow… I headed up to bed and fell asleep.