First Day of School

Fairy Fantasy

~Minah’s POV~

When I opened my eyes, I was in a lavishly decorated house. I jumped up to start flying but landed on my feet. I looked back and saw my wings had disappeared. This is gonna be so weird.  I walked around downstairs. I found a kitchen, a door that led out to the backyard, bathroom, a guest room, and another room that was locked. I walked upstairs and found my bedroom and another guest room. I stepped into my bedroom. As I did, a scroll popped up in my face. I grabbed it, knowing it was from the Queen. It read:

Minah, you’re new life on Earth shall begin right now. It should be dawn when you have arrived. You will disguise yourself as a student and find the princes there. Your uniform, bag, phone, and any other necessities you will need will arrive shortly.

After I had read the message, I heard a pop noise. A small portal had appeared above my bed. As I walked over to it, a bag, uniform, and phone came out of it and landed on my bed. I picked up the uniform and inspected it. It was a 2 piece, a black pleated skirt and a white top. I put them both on and raised my arms. The top rose a little, showing a bit of my stomach. I put on the knee length socks and the shoes. My bag had schoolbooks, pens, and pencils inside already.

I placed the phone into my bag and peered into my mirror. What I noticed the most were my ears and hair. My sharp pointy elf ears that I had when I was a fairy had become more human like. My black hair was a bit wavier than usual and down to the middle of my thighs. I still had my petite build and the same nose. I looked at my clock. Time to leave. I went downstairs and locked up behind me. I exited the gates and began to walk. My phone buzzed in my bag. I looked down at my bag and began fishing for it. As I reached around in my bag, I bumped into someone. We both fell over.

~Hyun’s P.O.V~

“Hey, I’m really sorry—hey you’re a student too?”

I stood up and saw a cute girl around my age on the ground in front of me. She was wearing a uniform with similar colors to mine. I held out a hand and she grabbed it. I pulled me up with a bit of too much force and she flew into my chest.

“Oops, sorry sorry,” I apologized again.

“No worries,” she said cutely as she rubbed her nose.

“I’m Minhyun by the way, you can call me Hyun” I held out a hand and she shook it.

“Okay Hyun, I’m Minah,” she smiled at me. We began to walk together.

“You’re very pretty,” I said suddenly. I felt my face going red, including my ears. Why did I just say that?

“Uh… thank you,” I could see her face going red as well. I didn’t know what else to say. We reached the school gates after a few minutes.

“Well, this is where we part ways. Hope to see you again soon Minah-ya!” I waved and joined my friends.

~Jieun’s POV~

I waved to Hyun and looked at my schedule in my hand. Classroom B all day. That’s not that far then. I began to walk towards the classroom. The teacher wasn’t there yet so I waited, leaning on the wall. When the bell rang, a flurry of students began to walk into the hallway, entering classrooms here and there. I waited a few more minutes until everyone in the class had settled in and when the teacher signaled me to come in, I walked in as well. I scanned the room. Mostly guys and a few girls. Ohh since I’m looking for princes, I should focus on guys more than girls. I stood straighter and bowed to the class.

“My name is Lee Minah, I’m a new student here.”

The class politely clapped and the teacher asked for a Minhyun to raise his hand so I could sit next to him. Minhyun? As in… I saw a hand lazily raise itself up but the guy’s head was bent down. I sat down next to him. He finally took notice of me and looked up.

“Minah?”

~Hyun’s POV~

“Hyun?” she looked surprised that she had ended up in the same class as me. What luck! I hugged her tightly as if I didn’t see her 10 minutes ago.

“This class will be more fun now!” I declared to her in a whisper, as she shook her head smiling. We sat through the lecture, Minah writing down anything that seemed important while I doodled on the side in her notes. When the bell rang for break, she stood up and stretched, letting me doodle a bit more. I closed her notebook and stood up as well. She began to pack her stuff up.

“Minah, you should meet my friends! I’m sure they’ll like you!” I grabbed her hand and her bag and ran, taking her with me. I found my friends underneath our tree and stopped, catching my breath.

~Jieun’s POV~

When he suddenly stopped, I bumped into his back. I peeped out behind him. I saw another 6 guys waiting underneath a tree. We walked over to them, Hyun still holding onto my hand.

“Hey Hyun, got yourself a girlfriend?” a guy with light brown hair who was standing next to me peered at me. I hid myself behind Hyun, who pulled me out and made me stand in the center of their little circle.

“Yep, her name’s Minah and she’s new to this school!” Hyun said. Wait what?

“Don’t deny anything,” Hyun whispered softly into my ear as he stood behind me. I stood silently.

“Nice, good job,” another guy said.

“So this is G.I, Zeth, Roi, Boun, Han, and Seulchan,” Hyun began to introduce me to the guys, pointing at each one as he said their names. “Seulchan is our leader of this little group.”

I looked at the blond haired guy, who looked back at me. Suddenly, I felt my bracelet burn for a moment.

“Ouch!” I looked at my wrist and quickly took the bracelet off, rubbing where it had burned.

“Your bracelet…” Seulchan suddenly said, looking at me with wide eyes. “Can I see it really quickly?”

I looked at him and hesitantly handed it over. He began to pull a chain out from around his neck. He began to compare it to my bracelet. When I got a closer look, I saw a charm that looked exactly like mines on the chain. What does this mean? He really isn’t one of the princes is he? Everyone crowded around him.

“Hyung! It looks exactly like ours!”

What? They all have it? They began to pull out their own necklaces, where I saw the same pair of crystal wings attached to it, and began to fight for my bracelet, also wanting to compare it to their necklaces. Seulchan handed me the bracelet and I put it back on, staring at all them. This just got a whole lot harder.

“You know, we’re just a little unit of the people who have this wing charm. We’re called TARGET. We can take you to meet the rest of the Wings club,” Seulchan said. Does that mean this Wings club has the same charm?

I nodded. “That would be nice.”

The bell rang, signaling 3 more minutes left until the next class started. Hyun dug around in my bag. He pulled out my schedule.

“Hey we have all the same classes together!” he looked extremely happy and pulled me into a hug. “We should hurry, we’ll be late.”

We bid farewell to the other guys and ran off, making it into our seats when the bell rang. After another lecture on some history that I had no interest in, Hyun took me to the cafeteria. We met up with the rest of TARGET in there. Hyun stepped into the lunch line as I waited with the rest. When we came back, we all walked to a room at the end of the hallway. We stepped into the room, where there were tons of other guys waiting around a table. One of them stood up while looking at me.

“You know the rules Seulchan, there can’t be any—“

Seulchan cut him off. “She’s one of us. Minah, show them the charm.”

I hurriedly took off the bracelet and held it up, showing the table. Everyone stared at it.

“You can sit down then,” the same guy said in a deep voice. We all took the seats around the table. The guy who had spoken first looked at me.

“I’m Yongguk, and I’m a part of B.A.P with 5 other guys.”

Another 5 guys raised their hands to introduce themselves, not letting their hand drop until they had finished introducing themselves.

“I’m Himchan.”

“Daehyun.”

“Youngjae.”

“Jongup.”

“Zelo.”

I nodded at each of them. Another guy who looked a bit older than the rest stood up, along with 2 other people. “We’re called MBLAQ. My name is Seungho.”

“I’m Mir.”

“And I’m G.O.”

What’s with the nicknames? I smiled at them. “Pleased to meet you.”

The rest of the guys who hadn’t introduced themselves yet stood up.

“We’re B1A4. I’m Gongchan. And this is Jinyoung, CNU, Baro, and Sandeul.”

I stood up and bowed to them. “I’m Minah, I’m a new student here.”

I sat back down and we sat in silence until Seulchan spoke up.

“What made me wonder is why Minah’s charm is on a bracelet and not a necklace like ours.”

“How did you get your bracelet Minah?” Yongguk asked. I quickly made up a story.

“My parents left it to me before they died.”

“Really? That’s kinda what happened to us. Except our parents said it came in the bundle of blankets.”

This could be a clue. “If you don’t mind, can you all show me your charms?”

They began to lift the chain out from under their shirts. When I looked at them sparkling in the light, I saw the B.A.P’s necklaces were a light green, TARGET’s was a light red, MBLAQ’s was a light blue color, and B1A4’s were a clear color. I peered at my bracelet more closely. When I looked, I could see a snowflake engraved into each of the wings.

“Did you want to see mines?” Hyun offered me his bracelet. I looked at the wings and saw it was nothing but a red color. I suddenly had an idea.

“Who is the leader of each group? Can I see your necklaces?”

Yongguk, Seungho, Seulchan, and Jinyoung handed me their necklaces. Yongguk’s had a swirly design in it. Plants. Earth? Seungho’s had a little teardrop shape engraved onto it. Definitely water. Seulchan’s had a flame. Fire. I looked at Jinyoung’s necklace. I found nothing. Disappointed but excited about my new lead, I gave them back their necklaces. After they had all securely tucked the charm into their shirts again, the bell rang for the end of school.

“Minah, we have something to discuss really quickly, can you step outside for a bit?” Seulchan asked.

~Seulchan’s POV~

She looked confused but exited the room anyway.

“What’s up Seulchan?” Yongguk asked me.

“I saw her bracelet. Her engraving is a snowflake.”

“I think she was disappointed when she looked at my bracelet,” Jinyoung said.

“Because you don’t have an engraving on it. Gongchan’s bracelet does.”

“She might be the key to the charms. Why we have it and all that,” Seungho said.

“Let’s make her leader then,” I proposed the idea. After a unanimous vote, we stood up and stepped outside.

~Minah’s POV~

A few minutes later, they all stepped outside. We all walked out to the entrance as a group, where I saw many people staring at me. Why are they staring? I used my sensitive hearing.

“That new girl is surrounded by all the handsomest guys in school! And she’s holding hands with one of them!” I heard a girl say. “She possibly couldn’t be—”

“That’s ridiculous!”

I looked down and found Hyun’s hand latched around mines. I didn’t even feel his hand at first.

“Where do you live Minah? We’ll walk you there,” Hyun said.

“It’s not far, I can walk there myself,” I protested. Hyun stopped, making the rest all stop and stare at me like I had committed a crime.

“You’re the leader of this group now. It’s was about time someone showed up with the charm at our school.”

I was surprised that they didn’t ask me about it and instead just appointed me leader.

“Plus, your charm has a snowflake. Ours is different, depending on the group.”

I looked at Seulchan, who was smirking at me. “How did you—”

“My eyesight is very good. It comes in handy a lot.”

I sighed and pointed straight ahead. “I live right in that house.”

We all marched towards my place. When I unlocked the gate, I bid them goodbye and they refused to leave until I had entered my place. I unlocked the door and stepped inside. When I looked out the window, I saw them leaving, some crossing the street or some continuing to walk the same direction. I decided to write to the queen. I went up to my bedroom and took a scroll of paper and began to write.

To: Queen

From: Minah

Today, I met a lot of interesting guys at school. They all carried the same wing charm as me. When I looked more closely, I found a symbol engraved into 3 of them but I could not find the last one. This makes me feel like I have found the princes, but I cannot be too sure just yet. I will update you on my progress.

I rolled up the scroll and summoned a portal, using the bracelet. When it opened, I tossed the message into the portal and it swallowed it up and disappeared. I laid down on my bed and fell asleep.