My Mission

Fairy Fantasy

I was resting on my snowflake bed, cooling my wings, when I heard the sound of the messenger fairy (they deliver messages for the Fairy Queen) flying around. I stayed on my bed, thinking it wouldn’t be for me. I heard a knock on the door. I flew over and opened the door of my igloo, where the fairy stood.

“Are you the ice fairy, Lee Mina?” she asked.

“Yep,” I nodded. I live in an igloo for crying out loud and I’m the only ice fairy around besides Crystal and she’s always busy.

“The Queen expects your presence in her castle as soon as you can,” she said and then flew off.

What would the queen need me for? Why me? I flew over to my desk and sprinkled some ice dust onto my wings, trying to make them look presentable. The snowflake design on my wings glowed and sparkled even brighter. I shut the door of my igloo and began to fly towards the castle. When I got there, I was directed towards the Queen’s office. I knocked on the door.

“Come in.”

I opened the door and saw the Queen sitting in a throne-like chair behind a desk and her advisors standing next to her.

“Take a seat please,” she gestured to the seat in front of her. I flew and sat down on the chair, trying to be as lady-like as possible. “Now Minah, you know the story about the four elements and what had happened to this planet before we were all here?”

I nodded and began to tell the story. “Before all of us arrived on this planet, it was ruled by 4 fairy princes. Each prince represented the 4 elements: Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. They were also ruled by a queen. When an evil force tried to take over, the queen used the Elemental Crystal and sacrificed herself to save everyone. Everyone was sent down to the planet called Earth and reborn again. Then we arrived and began to rebuild the planet again.”

The Queen nodded. “That is why you all learned of this story in school. It is a very important tale.”

“But Queen, why am I in here exactly?” I was confused at why she had called me in. She nodded and the advisor walked over to the side of the room and pushed onto a panel in the wall, which slid back. He went inside and came back out with a box. He placed it gently on the desk. The Queen tapped it 3 times and it slowly opened, revealing a lotus-shaped crystal. I looked at it, knowing it was very familiar.

“The Elemental Crystal! I always thought it was a myth!” I pointed at it.

“That is what we taught you, but it is in fact a real thing. We found it when we arrived. With it, we were able to rebuild this planet.”

I looked at the crystal, which sparkled dimly despite the bright lights in the room. “I expected it to be much shinier for something so powerful.”

“That is why you are here Minah. I need you to go on a mission.”

“A mission?” I looked at her curiously.

“Our planet is dying. We need you to the planet they call Earth. You need to find the princes who were reborn there. It has been a while already. According to our sources, they should be at the age where their powers could be revealing themselves. If they cannot control it, it will reveal who they really are and bring chaos. That is when you come in. When you find them, you need to help them control their powers and bring them back here to revive the crystal.”

“What happens if the crystal loses its shine?”

“Then this planet will be no more. Will you accept this mission?”

I thought about it. Well I’m not doing much anyway. “I accept.”

The Queen smiled. “I knew I picked the right person.”

Another advisor handed me a bracelet. It had a charm on it, a small crystalized pair of fairy wings.

“This bracelet will hold all of your powers in it and help you get back,” he explained its importance. As I slipped it onto my wrist, the Queen waved her hand and a portal appeared next to me.

“Good luck, Minah.”

“Thank you,” I stood up and looked at the portal, which swirled with colors. I took a deep breath and suddenly a question popped into my mind.

“Queen, how will I know if I find the right guys?”

“You will know.”

I looked at her one last time and then stepped into the portal.