Chapter Six

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is your favorite flavor?" I asked her. She just talked to her mom, asking where is she and when she will coming back home. So these scenarios about curfews and parents asking where there kids who's obviously in the right age to decide what's good for them.

"I don't have a favorite. Just pick the coldest and the creamiest one."

"As you said." I picked two vanilla flavored nice cream. "Here."

"Thanks."

"Your mother is coming here? I accidentally heard it from for phone call. Apologies."

She nodded while eating on her ice cream.

We both sitted on the bench waiting for her mom. All I heard is silence. We are both in awkward position. I have not been this awkward before. This is not my forte and I am not in the position to be arrogant. As a matter of fact, I really don't know what to do, if I want Hye and I to be friends or what. I just admire her and I don't know what's the second plan.


"Oh? Jung Yonghwa?" Her Mom blurted once she got on our sit.

"Good evening." I respectfully greeted her. "I met your daughter again in the supermarket."

"Mom, she bought me a vanilla flavored ice cream." Hye said. "Thanks Yong, we've been accidentally meeting each other after Hong Kong." She smiled brightly at me.

This is the first time tonight she said my name. And she even made a nick name of me now, Yong. "Yes, it's been intriguing."

"Can I give you this?" Her Mom placed a silver bracelet on my right hand. "I'm just thankful that you are looking out for my daughter so much. She's a bit having difficulties in directions."

"Oh.." I mumbled. So that's the reason why she always turn on her GPS? She always checks the time?

"I will appreciate it if you always wear that." Her Mom smiled.

"I am kind of hesitant to receive this Ma'am, it's kind of sentimental. I suppose." I awkwardly said. Why does her Mom gives me this bracelet when I have only met her daughter thrice? And also I know about jewelry for a thing or two. This bracelet seems expensive.

"Please just accept it. Actually I am very thankful of you. You are very kind to my Hye." She smiled like a very caring Mom. And for that second, I was envious of Hye. It seems that she has a good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter