Chapter Thirtyfive

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You will remember me, I promise you.”

That phrase I stated a yesterday was making me empty, not because I am feeling uneasy at this very moment but I am worried about her. I can feel her warmth beside me but I am getting anxious the time she will wake up. I suddenly have a wrong feeling within me, like I am getting on a war with no training.

I was taken aback when I feel somebody is staring at me, and it is Shinhye. “You woke up early,” I whispered. My wife is staring blankly at me – again. I begin move my hand to feel her face. “How’s your sleep?” I smiled.

Then she slowly showed a morning smile at me. “Good morning, Yonghwa.” Then Shinhye planted a soft kiss to my cold cheek. “It’s so nice greeting you.”

“It is so nice waking up next to you.” I know I am half asleep at this moment but I cannot help myself to get teary eyed. I want to bet everything I have just to wake up beside her forever. “What do you want to do today?”

She sighed. “I guess I can’t stop you from not getting to work.”

“You know, you are the only wife in this world that wanted her husband to go to work.” I laughed. “I think we should go on a date today.” I rushed to jump out of bed. “You need to trust me today.” I offered my hand.

“I always trust you.” She responded.

***

All that is heard now is the music coming from the car radio, I am focused on driving while Shinhye is enjoying the breeze. We are not talking and it is now awkward at all. As if we are in synch and getting close to becoming one.  As if I fell in love with her way deeper again, at this moment.

“By the way, I loved the flowers you gave me last time.” She said.

I glanced at her and caressed her right hand. On my mind, this is not first time she expressed her thought about the flowers. I don’t know if she just wants me to buy her again another bouquet or she feels first time saying it. I would go with my first guess – that she likes flowers. “You do?” I asked formally. “I hope you did since those flowers are really expensive.” Then I laughed.

“I like expensive stuffs.” She teased. “Can you give me another bouquet? It is our date.” Shinhye cutely said.

 “So if I will give a dozen on roses, you will walk with it?” I asked.

“Of course, I have always dream about it. You know a lot of ladies do not want that but I think it’s way more like pride about relationships.” She said. “Though I am not saying you should carry a flowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter