Coffee Prince(ss)

"Who's THIS Girl?!"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Hani woke up at 7:00 AM the next day palpitating. Maybe it was because of the three and a half cups of coffee she had last night. 

 

   Though the first thing she wanted to do last night was to sleep, she couldn't; her mind was preoccupied on how awkward she was on her encounter with Park Junghwa. So, her hands unconciously kept opening and locking the phone to stare at the girl on the lockscreen. She stared so intently that she noticed even the tiniest detail in the photo. The silver/gray-ish highlights on her hair. The way her eyes look so mesmerizing in that glossy ebony color. And how Junghwa's mouth form into a rectangular shape when she smiles.

 

    And when she got bored, she kept the phone in her pocket and watched the television, yawning time by time. She was sleepy, the time her favourite show started its replays, so she made herself her first cup of coffee that night.

 

   The story of why she consumed a second serving was quite random. While watching a boring commercial, she noticed how the books on her shelves were not in order. Some used clothes were on the floor, and it made her cringe. So she stood up (stretching and yawning in the process) and decided to clean up the living room. But in the middle of cleaning and arranging stuff in the room, she felt her eyes opening and closing, like the wings of a butterfly fluttering. And so, she drank her second coffee. She can't just leave what she started undone!

 

   The third cup or coffee was for something quite similar. She went up to her room to clean it up; though she thought twice on doing this task, pondering with both her hands on her chin and elbows propped on her knees, she thought it would be a good way to waste time and a good way to maintain the cleanliness of her house. And so, she lazily picked up the letters and fanarts that fell from her desk. She arranged and hung clothes in her walk-in closet with a tired sigh. She even adjusted the late clock on the right time. All of those done in an hour and a half with the help of the almighty coffee.

   After she finished cleaning her room, she decided to go online using her laptop. She sat on her bed with the laptop rested on her thighs and visited a social media site. Her eyes were filled with boredom, scrolling through her feed. She searched the trends and, at the sight of the name of the dancer in her head, her eyes widened with excitement and immediately clicked on the link attached to the article. 

   The link Hani clicked directed her to Junghwa's group's website. She smiled as she found a source of information. It even displays the profiles of all the members there. It was just now that she knew they started off as a university's dance group and was discovered during a national competition after winning as the champions. And now, they were performing across the country and are receiving good feedbacks and the like.

   The site even had a feature where you can anonymously send a fanmail to the group. Hani smiled slyly and typed. "Congratulations! I watched one of your performances. All of you did well. -H" and clicked the "Ask Anonymously" before clicking "Send". She held back a yawn that was trying to escape so badly. She decided to go downstairs to make another cup of coffee.

   When she went to the kitchen, she settled the red mug she has been using since her first coffee of the night on top of the small, wooden dining table. She then fetched the kettle and carefully poured the remaining contents in the mug, her eyes focused on the water flowing out the kettle to make sure it doesn't fall out the mug. She was so sleepy after all (coffee was surprisingly making her feel sleepier that night). She blended coffee, creamer and sugar and as soon as she finished stirring it, she went to her room again with her cup of coffee.

   She settled the mug on top of the small table beside her bed and went back to "stalking" the group. She figured out the dates of all their upcoming performances, the prices of their tickets and the venues. 

   She drank coffee when she felt a wave of her tiredness wash her. And in the middle of drinkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter