Chapter 1 So Much For Not Being Noticed

As a Man, Though Secretly a Woman

Listen While You Read, To Feel The True Pain Of Kim Haneul


"Haneul? Hey I have some bad news to tell you" my mom walked in with a worried look on her face. I paused my K-drama "The Master's Sun" and gave her my full attention. "what's up?" I said while flipping my hair out of my face, "to put it bluntly, you're going to an all boys school..." She said and I just gave her a blank look. "H-h-how!" I managed to stutter, "well your harabeoji, before he died, he said in his will that he put half of his money into your halmeoni's bank account and the rest of his money to fund you a scholarship to Whimoon High School. I did some research on the school and it's a pretty well known school, especially for it's education." She was about to open again and I cut her off "except one problem, it's all boys and boys only, am I right?" I raised an eyebrow. She nodded "so do you want to go, I won't force you", I thought about it, I mean harabeoji did waste his hard earn money so I should go, but what if they find out! More stress for me, but still... "I'm going" I said finally and my mom's eyes widen "but you have to cut your hair and lie! You're aware of that, right?" I sighed, looks like I'm not sleeping tonight. "Well go get the scissors!" I scold my mom and she ran to get the scissors. I sighed and said my goodbyes to my hair, my girl clothing, and my bra and ... "MOM! I CAN'T BRING MY BRA AND ! I DON'T WANT TO GOOOOOOO!" I yelled and my mom came back with the scissors, "honey you can wear your bra but your flat as a board so there's no point in bringing them, and we'll buy you boxers for women" she said soothingly while she started to cut my hair. I groaned, "when does school start? and is there any dorms?" I asked, only to hear a chuckle from her "next week and yes you do! Done! How do you like it my dear?" She said and handed me a mirror. "Wow! Mom I really look like a guy" I touch my hair and felt manly, "now go pack! I think you have some boxers in your drawer, don't bring your bra, bring your laptop, 3ds, phone, and charger for all that, and I'll give you some of your dad's old clothes." and with that my mom walked off. I went to my room and started to pack.


A week later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Bye my little boy" my mom kissed me and I ran inside the school waving bye to both of them and rolled my suitcase inside. I saw a tall guy smiling at me. "Welcome, new student! What's your name" he said while holding a clipboard, what am I some kind of experiment? "My name is Kim H-Joo Won" I was about to say my real name but it sounds too girly. "Nice to meet you Kim Joo Won, do you prefer Kim Joo Won, Kim Joo, Kim Won, Joo Won,?" he asked, " uhm any is fine, but could I get your name? I don't want to keep saying "hey you" all the time" I said smiling at him. He laughed, "sorry! My name is Choi Minho, nice to meet you Kim Joo!" he smiled at me and stuck out his hand, I took his hand and smiled "nice to meet you too, Minho". He walked me to my class and took my suitcase to my dorm room. I sighed and walked in I sat next to a boy who was absorb in his music because he didn't even notice me, thank god. "Yo punk! Get out of my seat!" I look up at him and gave him a look, "hell no! Who said that this was your seat!" he scoffed "this punk! Yah get up and bow for your forgiveness", okay unless he was a prince, or my mom, I sure as hell will not bow to him, I stood up. "Why the hell should I bow to you! Scum!" I then spit at his shoe. "YAH! You want to fight!" I was about to say come at me but another voice came out of no where. "Suga stop! Just sit some where else". I sat back down "wow, that was really cool of you!" the boy next to me said "my name is Jinyoung! what's yours?" he smiled brightly at me, he's cute... Kim Haneul get yourself together! "Nice to meet you Jinyoung! My name is Kim Joo Won!" I smile at him, until what he said next made my smile fall, "your gonna popular for standing up to Suga" he grinned and I groaned "so much for not being noticed!" and I banged my head against the desk.

 

Thanks for reading!