New Girl

The New Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The new house was bigger than our last. My room smelled of paint. Boxes flooded the entryway and remained untouched in our rooms. Without a bed to lay in, I rolled on the fluffy carpet equipped with my phone and a charger. 

OM High. The school that Susana had told me exactly not to go. How great. My life was going to be screwed. The only positive that I had discovered about the school was that there were no uniforms. But in a way that could turn out to be a negative as well, considering the strictness of the dress code. 

I sighed. Tomorrow was the first day. I closed my eyes and hooked up my earbuds to the radio on my phone. I frowned and opened my eyes, unable to recognize the dub step music that was playing. Hm, it was a song called Super Moon. I downloaded the song and played it on repeat, eventually falling into a sleepy haze.

~~~~~~~

"Mari, today's your first day! Good luck!" My mom dropped me off, kissing me goodbye. 

"Bye Mom, you too." 

The school was large and impressive. It was clean and white with navy blue edge works. Windows lined the faces of the building and the court yard was nicely ornamented with flowers. I was wearing a simple white shirt with dark jeans and a brown belt. My hair gently brushed my face in the breeze. Gathering confidence from a deep breath, I walked in.

I walked into the office through a door labeled 'Office.'

"Excuse me ma'am," I hesitantly asked the secretary lady who was busily typing something on her computer. "I'm a new transfer student."

She stopped typing and peered at me through her spectacles. "Are you Mari Su?" 

The way she pronounced it made my name seem like Marisoo. "Yes," I responded.

"Okay. Follow me." She got up from her desk and walked out. I quietly followed.

In a classroom numbered 21, she pushed open the door and walked in. The chattering from the students was immediately silenced as I walked in. I felt myself turn red and I clenched my fingers to stop them from trembling. 

"Students this is your new classmate, Mari Su." I winced when she said my name. "Mari this is your teacher Mrs. Young. Good luck and I hope you li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter