Chapter 7 - Cousin's Surprise

Life and Love

 

Eun Rae waked up early and got ready for her visit to her grandparents' Tomb. She took a bath, ate breakfast, brushed her teeth, dressed up in her Blue Hanbok and asked some of the maids to help her with her hair.

After getting ready, she looked at the mirror. It's been awhile since she wore a Hanbok and done her hair properly. She heard a sudden knock on her door and someone cleared his throat.

"Eun Rae, Nichkhun's already here. Are you all set?" Mr. Lee, Eun Rae's father asked

"Ne Appa" She said then went out and walked down the stairs with her father. There, She saw Nichkhun wearing a Red Hanbok.

"Eun Rae, Where's your mom? she left early" Her father asked ehr but she just shrugged

"I don't know Appa, maybe she went early to make sure the event would be properly arranged" She answered

"Okay then, Take care while travelling" He said then left as Eun Rae went down the stairs.

"Happy Birthday Chingu" NichKhun greeted. "and Here" He handed her a box

"What's this?" She asked as she opened the box then revealed a canister of her favorite candy.

"OMONA~ Kamsamida!" She said in delight then bowed many times

"You didn't have to give me a present though" She said 

"Is it bad to give your wife a present on her birthday?" He asked jokingly

"Don't remind me" She suddenly turned gloomy. "How could you joke about that marriage?" She spat

"Oh, Sorry" He apologized 'Shouldn't have been comfortable with jokes about the marriage' 

"Aish...I'm sorry. I shouldn't be so petty about things" She said

"It's okay, we should get going, I heard it's very far" He said with a delicate smile

"Not really" She said then went out together with him.

-----

Nichkhun was driving silently while Eun Rae was munching on her candy when they stopped during a red light.

"You want?" Eun Rae offered him a candy. He just smiled then he opened his mouth.

"What?" She asked

"Feed me. My Hands are occupied" He answered

"Aish..You are so playful, just like a child" Eun Rae commented then fed him a piece of candy. Little did they know, someone was watching them.

"I bet you're much more playful when you're around your girlfriend" Eun Rae commented

"Yeah, My Ex and I were both childish so we get along well" He said

"Ex? You broke up with her?" She asked then he nodded

"Why? You shouldn't have done that" Eun Rae felt guilty.

"Don't feel guilty, it was about to happen anyway" He said

"Wae?" She asked, voice becoming weaker

"Once the news of our marriage will be published, I don't think she'll like to continue our relationship" He said seriously. Eun Rae remained silent.

'This is marriage runined the lives of people and their relationship with each other. Aish...I'm getting in between them' Eun Rae thought as she gazed outside the window.

"Why did you become silent?" He asked

"We make a left turn then it's straight ahead to the cemetary" She said then NichKhun nodded and followed her directions. They parked on the side and took their stuff and presents for the dead and walked to the tomb of Eun Rae's grandparents.

"Grandmother, Grandfather" Eun Rae said then bowed, Nichkhun imitated her actions.

"It's been long since I last visited. I'm sorry, I wasn't able to make time for you, It's been busy in school lately. So much things to do and We have been preparing for the wedding" Eun Rae talked to her dead grandparents then she looked at Nichkhun who looked back at her with a confused look.

"You're supposed to say your greetings and talk to them" She said

"Oh, Uh..Grandparents of Eun Rae. I'm Nichkhun. I'm Your grandchild's future husband. She's very bright and funny, Today is her birthday, you know? there's going to be a big celebration later, It's her coming of age and 1 week after, it will be our wedding. It's forced upon us and we can't do anything. You know, she's very strong even thought she doesn't seem to be, and she's very matured. To tell you frankly, she's inspired me to change into a mature Man now" Nichkhun said then it was Eun Rae's time to look at him.

"Grandma, Grandpa, We'd better be going now. OH! and we brought stuff for you" She said as she put the flowers and fruits beside the tomb. then they bowed for the last time and left.

"Thanks" Eun Rae said as she gazed outside the window of the car, Nichkhun smiled

"Why?" He asked

"For saying those things infront of my Grandparents' tomb. It really means alot to me, I think they're happy for hearing wonderful things about me coming from my Husband to be" Eun Rae said 

"That? Oh, that was no Big Deal" Nichkhun said

"Still, It means alot to me" Eun Rae told him as she faced his direction.

"Well then, You're welcome" He answered then flashed a smile towards her "Now, Where to?" He asked

"What are you talking about? I need to get to the Hotel and prapare for the debut" Eun Rae answered

"Ahw, I thought you wanted to ditch the party" He said then chuckled

"Wearing our hanboks? No way, I'd rather attend the unwanted party than wear my hanbok in public" Eun Rae said

"Seems understandable" He agreed then drove to the direction of the hotel.

"So..Uh..What do you usually do when you have your free time?" Eun Rae asked, breaking the silence.

"Uh..Playing sports, Spending time with Vic and Being with friends" He answered causually, Eun Rae nodded

"What about you?" He asked

"Uh..Well, Me and my friends usually watch our unnies go to practice or have dance practices or singing practices every time we get inspiration to do a cover or something" Eun Rae explained then Nichkhun smirked, Eun Rae gave him a questioning look.

"You are really like my Gi- I mean, My Ex, you should go meet her" He said then Eun Rae scoffed

"I'd Rather not" She said then looked out the window

"Really but w-" Nichkhun was cut off.

"Oh, We're here" She said then Nichkhun pulled over and was about to ask Eun Rae her reason but she hurriedly got out of the Car and walked inside the hotel while Nichkhun allowed teh Valet to park his car.

"OMO! Look who's wearing her Hanbok today" Yeon Young teased

"Yah! You said We'll take care of Junhee's mom yesterday TOGETHER, why'd you ditch me?!"  Eun Rae complained as she walked near her, trying to get away from Nichkhun and to avoid his question. She really didn't want to ruin Nichkhun's impression of Victoria, even though they broke up.

"I was preparing your gift, tell me, don't you want a gift?" Yeon Young asked then Eun Rae smiled shyly then looked down

"Yeah but still, it would be nice if you didn't leave me hanging. I was so scarred of Junhee's mom. By the way, Where's Junhee?"  Eun Rae asked, changing the topic as fast as she can then Yeon Young smiled then dragged Eun Rae to a room while Nichkhun followed them from behind.

"Err...I think you Er...Out? It's kind of a Friendship thing, you know. Hope you understand" Yeon Young said, trying to kick Khun out of the room.

"No Worries, I totally Understand" He said then was about to leave when Yeon Young called his attention.

"You might want to change into a Tuxedo" She said "I think Auntie prepared some clothes for the both of you to change in after visiting the tomb" She continued, Nichkhun nodded then smiled at her and left.

"Gosh, Thanks for sending him away" Eun Rae sighed

"Wae?" Yeon Young asked

"He's about to ask me why I don't want to meet Victoria" Eun Rae told Yeon Young.

"Where has he been hiding? I think the whole school knows you hate Victoria's guts" She commented then Eun Rae smirked

"Wait..Are you trying to distract me from getting my present?!" Eun Rae suddenly changed the subject

"Oh Right" Yeon Young blindfolded her and made her sit on a chair

"Yah...What's with the blindfold? Can't you just give me my candy?" Eun Rae said, like a child. Yeon Young hissed

"YAH! You're an 18 year old girl already and you still think about Candy?! You're unbelievable" Yeon Young commented then clapped her hands and the lights became dim and a group of singing voices were heard.

"Happy Birthday Eun Rae, Happy Birthday Eun Rae, Happy Birthday Happy Birthday...Happy Birthday Eun Rae" The group sang, Eun Rae already knew who composed the group. His cousin's friends and him. Jonghyun pulled the Blindfold off and gave his cousin a sweet smile.

"Punk, You've turned 18" He said

"Gee~ What a nice Greeting. Thanks Dwarf" Eun Rae teased then Jonghyun pouted.

"Aigoo~ They're so cute when they bicker" Taemin cooed then earned glares from the both.

"DONT EVER SAY THAT AGAIN" Eun Rae said then pushed Jonghyun away.

"Yeah, Never. It sounds weird" Jonghyun faked to shudder.

"It's kind of true though, hun. You act like you hate each other but it just makes it obvious that you treat each other like brothers and sisters" Yeon Young remarked

"Well yeah, I Mean, We should, RIght? My Older Sisters and Her older brother are both studying abroad together. It makes us lonely" Jonghyun answered then grinned widely.

"Eun Rae's like a little Sister to me" He said truthfully.

"Same her. He's like a little brother to me" Eun Rae said, teasingly.

"He's older" Minho stated.

"I know. He's like a litlle" Eun Rae made a gesture of a short man's height with her hands "A little brother to me" She contineud then laughed

"The both of them are so weird" Onew said, mainly to Yeon Young. She chuckled as she looked at her boyfriend and bestfriend argue about a little things in the world.

"Why?" She asked

"Well, for starters, they greet each other sometimes like they're going to kill each other then they change their ways of treating to eacho other. it's like south and north" He stated

"Uh..Yeah, I did notice that but it makes it more worth while to watch. It's so cute" Yeon Young said while clasping her hands together.

"Do you have the letter from K-Dude?" Yeon Young asked

"Oh, Yeap! It's here" Onew said then showed her the letter.

"Give it to her already, I know she's been waiting for his letter ever since he left" She hissed

"Chill...It took us a long time to find Him, don't rush us. Okay?" Onew said

"Just give it to her" She said then pushed onew towards Eun Rae.

"He has something for you" She said with a smile.

"What?" Eun Rae asked with a smile "Komawo Onew Oppa!" She said with an eye smile.

"Yah...Eun Rae I put much effort into finding that person, with the help of my friends of course" Jonghyun said

"Ahw..Thanks" Eun Rae said then smiled and Onew handed her the letter.

"What's this?" She asked as she examined the letter then came across the name of the sender. She was shocked, happy and excited to read the letter.

"How did you find him?" She asked

"Well, We searched the internet and found someone who had a piicture of K-Dude and we contacted them" Taemin explained

"Man, That maybe hard to do" Eun Rae said "Thanks for the effort" She continued

"It was. and I had to pick this up yesterday" Yeon Young said and gave her a beautifully wrapped box.

"Where did you get this?" She asked, eyes twinkling with delight.

"Uh...He sent it? It was really really hard to find him and he was really Pshyced to know that you're turnign 18 soon so he gave you a gift" Yeon Young explained

"Cool. Thanks Guys! Jonghyun Oppa, Minho Oppa, Taemin, Key Oppa, Onew Oppa, Yeon Youngie...Kamsamida. Thanks for finding him" She said

"But Eun Rae, You still love him that much?" Yeon Young asked, She just smiled in reply.

"He's the only guy who saw me as a girl, not a friend but a girl who feels something. Not just a freakisly weird person who is annoying" She said.

"Oh and Little Cousin, Thanks for the very wonderful surprise you gave me for my birthday and thanks Yeon Young, for helping my little cousin" Eun Rae smiled brightly

"YAH!!!~" Jonghyun tried to complain but Eun Rae and Yeon Young ignored him.

"No Problem" She said then hugged her.

"Oh! By the way, where's Junhee?" Eun Rae asked

"She's with the Unnies, they're helping the crew put the decorations for the grand hall" Yeon Young answered

"Oh, Artsy stuff. I can't be trusted by those" En Rae admitted then Yeon Young laughed

"Yeah but your taste buds are impecible, Come. Mrs. Park wants you to go to the Roof top" Yeon young said then pushed her outside

"But~ I have to change" Eun Rae protested

"Aish...Fine, Go to your usual suite and I think your Mom laid out clothes for you there" Yeon Young instructed then handed her the pass key, Eun Rae smiled brightly and hugged her friend

"Thank You, My Hotel and Restaurant Heiress friend" She said then ran as fast as she can to the elevator and went to the 5th floor and opened the door and saw a comfortable set of clothes laid on the bed together with a pair of shoes. She Quickly changed out of her Hanbok and changed into comfortable loose clothes, combed her hair and tied it into a pony tail and proceeded to the roof top. There, she found Mrs. Park and a long table filled with trays of food and she saw Khun who was sitting on a chair.

"Eun Rae, Happy Birthday" Mrs. Park greeted

"Thanks Auntie" She replied "What'st all this?" She asked as she looked over Mrs. Park's shoulder and stared at the food.

"Aigoo~ Such a Foodie! That's what I like about you. Well, This is all for the Food tasting" Mrs. Park answered

"I thought we don't have to do work today, she told me that yesterday" Eun Rae said

"Well, after you left, we went over the schedule and the food tasting was missed so we pulled this in a half time" Mrs. Park said

"But about the Debut down stairs" Eun Rae tried to reason and get out of work today and join her friends in the grand hall and disturb them.

"Will not start until 3 PM so we have 2 Hours to finish this all and 2 hours left to prep you for your debut" Mrs. Park said. Eun Rae nodded.

"Why don't yo sit down and let the waiters give you food?" Mrs. Park said as she gestured towards the table where Khun was sitting.

"Food tasting" Eun Rae said with a smile.

"Yeah" He said

"Why do you sound so down?" She asked, sensing his mood.

"Have you seen the food they lined up for us to choose?!" He started

"Er...No" Eun Rae answered honestly

"Less Spicy Foods are being served right now. Gosh, So Boring" Khun said then slumped. Eun Rae was looking at him, looking guilty and at the same time amused.

"I think they've based the menu on my food preference. Since They already know my food preference, I think they decided to use it" She revealed

"You don't like spicy?" Khun asked, quite surprised

"Yeah" She admitted

"But you're Korean, you're supposed to Love Spicy Foods" He said

"Yeah but that doesn't mean I have to be like the others and Love Spiciness, right? I prefer Sweets and Avocados" Eun Rae said, clasping her hands together while imagining her favorite fruit inside .

"You like Avocados?" Khun asked, eyes has become wide. Eun Rae nodded

"Don't you?" She asked

"I don't and I enjoy Spicy food" He said "Our Food Preference clashes" He continued with a smile. Eun Rae nodded then smiled at him. Sonehow, feeling comfortable and not awkward knowing that they have differences.


 

Need to tell you something, I'll get staright to the point. 

I will have a 3 week hiatus because i will be participating in the SSG elections, I will be running for the position SSG president and I need time to prepare and I need to be away from the computer, I really want this and I need my full concentration and I can't do that sicne I also really want to write another chapter so i thought of a comprimise between my two likes...

3 weeks for my preparation and after 3 weeks, if i become unbusy, I'll start writing nonstop.

How does that sound?

thanks for understanding!!

 

Love lots,

Lee Rae :))