Running Girl

Meet the Chois

          "Choi Sunmi!" A heavy weight leapt onto Sunmi from behind, wrapping one arm over her shoulder. The sudden surprise was enough to cause her to fall over and tumble to the ground, but luckily she was able to maintain her balance.

"Jisoo can you not? So early in the morning..." Sunmi shook her head in disapproval.

"Whatever," Jisoo cooed. The two of them shared laughs, brightening their already sunny morning.

"Oh yeah that reminds me!" Jisoo announced suddenly as they entered school grounds, "I still need to tell you about the clubs!"

          Sounds of bells rang through the air. "Ah, I'll just tell you later when we have time. Meet you in front of your class during break?" The two agreed with their plan to rendevous and parted ways.

          As soon as class ended, the two of them met as planned. Constant chattering and baseless gossip filled the narrow halls, it wasn't possibly quiet enough to maintain a proper conversation so the two opted to head to the rooftop. Of course the rooftop is always convienently unlocked and desolate for who knows what reason, not them. They sat on the floor and leaned against the wall, making themselves as confortable as possible.

          "So I've checked out all the clubs yesterday," stated Jisoo as he pulled out a boxed lunch from out his bag, "and I've decided to join two of them only, the math club and music club."

"Of course," she rolled her eyes at his obvious answer. She'd already expect that from him, it didn't come to her as a surprise.

"Anyways... being the generous friend I am, I scoped out a few things for you. Not a club, but I think you should join the volleyball team, tryouts start next week."

          Sunmi may have not looked like the athletic type, but she's played for the team back in middle school. Once she hit highschool, however, she wanted to focus strictly on her academics. With all the classes, school work and part-tme job she had, including needless drama, it was impossible for her to be able to juggle so many things at once. It was either academics and job or academics and athletics, not both. For someone as practical as her the first choice was the most appealing one. Maybe this year was different.

She thought about it for a while. It's been quite some time since she's been physically active, would she still even be able to keep up? 

"Hmm alright, on one condition," she pointed her finger towards her friend, "if I fail, you owe me a favor, if I pass I owe you something, deal?"

"Only if you take it seriously, you can't fail on purpose!"

"Aren't I the most honest person you've ever met?" The two of them shook hands, finalizing their bet.

          Jisoo wasn't foolish enough to just let Sunmi try out with no prior training, if he did that, she was bound to fail no doubt about that! He'd already planned out a full routine for her last night that they'd both do together. He knew for a fact that if she had to suffer, he'd be forced to suffer with her.

"We start tomorrow morning, 5AM sharp."

Sunmi let out a loud groan. This was not how she wanted to start off her year.

--

          Sunmi snuggled her blankets, lying comfortably in bed. Or at least she was until she heard an obnoxious ringing blaring in her room. What time was it any ways? Who in their right mind would be calling at this time of day? Oh right, Jisoo.

          She picked up her phone and was barely even able to answer loud enough, "I'm up..." She threw her phone onto her bed and went straight to the restroom to wash up, once she returned back to her room she threw on a tank top, windbreaker, and running shorts. Thank goodness summer mornings were the perfect blend of autumn breeze and spring skies.

When she stepped out her house Jisoo was already standing in front, looking bright and punctual as ever.

          "Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." Sleeping Beauty? She knew he must have been joking because she knew she was far from it. Hair messily done in a ponytail, dark circles darker than pandas', face and bloated, and a glare that could kill; maybe some would consider that beauty, but societal norms? As if. But she could care less.

"Good morning, Beast." If he's gonna jab a joke, she's gonna jab one back. "Alright, let's get this over with."

          Thinking back about it, this wasn't the best decision Sunmi's made. It had barely been roughly ten minutes and she already found herself dying of exhaustion. Since when did jogging become so hard? She didn't realize how out of shape she really was, and to be honest, she was pretty disappointed in herself. This was definitely something she needed to take more seriously.

The two of them spent a good thirty or so minutes jogging through the neighborhood before stopping for a quick break.

"I am so over this." Sunmi chugged down her water bottle, nearly killing it.

          "You're so horrible," Jisoo panted. He's one to talk, he looked just as dead as her. Regardless of how tired they were, they limited themselves to a five minute break. If given any longer they'd start to feel more sluggish and not be able to start again.

"Hey isn't that...?"

Sunmi raised an eyebrow at Jisoo. How was she going to know if he just left her hanging? She leaned forward to see past the other. Just my luck. 

The runner took notice of the two friends looking his direction and gave them an energetic wave before speeding up his pace.

"Hey! I didn't know," Seungcheol said in between breaths, "that you guys jogged through here?" 

"We don't," Sunmi quickly responded. She didn't want to deal with small talk, or at least when Jisoo was there. Who knows what he'd throw her into.

"We're only here for this one's training," Jisoo added, "but based on our conditions, we should be doing this everday, haha!"

Sunmi slapped her friend's arm and turned him around. "What are you doing?!" she mouthed aggressively.

"Being friendly, unlike you!" he mouthed back before turning around, "But yeah, as I was saying, only for training."

"If you don't mind me asking, training for what?"

"Sunmi's joining, or well trying out, for volleyball."

"What? Really? That's awesome!" the male Choi seemed pretty excited upon hearing the news, "I play volleyball, too! Team captain right here!"

          The two others were pretty impressed, yes, even Sunmi. Team captains were usually the most responsible, and popular, they were surprised they've never heard of or seen him before. But then again the both of them never paid attention to popularity or trivial things like that. 

          "Haha well I should head back now to wash off this sweat before school starts. I could totally help out, if you'd like. See you at school!" the newly discovered captain greeted them and quickly left. It was about time for the other two to start finishing up and heading back as well.

"Wow, you guys have more in common than just last names."

"Whatever... Let's just hurry back. I feel gross."

 

 


Lowkey turning this into a sports anime or what? LOL

No but I could totally see S. Coups as a volleyball player :'''-)))))))))))

my updates are so short i'm sorry QQ