Cuss

House Number 144

this will be a collection of drabbles and oneshots revolving around parents!ChanSoo and kid!Sehun


words : 3k+

When Sehun was still a few months over 5 years old...


Chapter 1: Cuss

Kyungsoo never looked forward to coming home on a late afternoon, finding Sehun's homeroom teacher just around his front door.

There are many reasons why he doesn't want her to be in his house---her trying to flirt with his husband the other day is just one example. Sehun doesn't seem to like her as well---though he said she's a pretty kind teacher, still not changing the fact that this woman is an . Well.

Or maybe it's because she rarely brings home good news to his family; either it's about Sehun refusing to sing along with his classmates to some old Teletubbies opening, or Sehun shattering Jongin's doll house (which the latter has built it himself during break time, leading to Sehun having to eat spinach soup that night and God knows how he hates spinach dearly; because boy needs his punishment once in a while), or just randomly stopping by to drop some street foods and conveying some pick-up lines to Chanyeol and each time, Kyungsoo has to be rude enough to remind her about their obvious wedding bands.

But this time, it's indeed a really serious matter.

"I mean, how can a five years old able to say the word ''?"

It must be this one, Kyungsoo thinks, the right time to call the police and report her for being insane, maybe then his life will be much better. He just needs to send Baekhyun along with her too and it will be intact.

He rolls his eyes at her, but all he gets is her voice resonating all over the living room; if he counts them right, already for the seventh time.

She taps her peep-toe platform on the floor---today, it's a plain pink-colored gel nail art. "And it's '', as in '' in English. Do you understand it?" understand what, Kyungsoo mouths but it's only his mind that talks; he sees that woman crossing her arms as though they're in the middle of investigation, a really ty one he may say, going more honest.

"Sehun hasn't even turned six and he's already capable of cussing in foreign language. I'm really questioning your way of raising a child, Do-ssi, See? The key behind kids' attitude is in their parents; I'm not doubting your husband since I've seen him doing a good job all the time."

"Sehun watches many subbed foreign movies, maybe it was just a slip of the tongue---he probably doesn't even understand the meaning?" Kyungsoo gives an abrupt answer. All the jingle and rattle of bad words showing up in his head, he chooses to ignore it. "And I'm afraid I can't take you in for a longer time, my son and husband will be home soon and I have to cook dinner---so I assume you can leave now?"

He doesn't reply when she makes it loud enough to bid goodbye.

****

"Yeol, honestly, am I a bad parent?"

It's later at night when Kyungsoo faces his husband, taking down the book he's currently reading. Specs still perching on the bridge of his nose, the latter takes his hands and pulls him closer; it takes twice as long to soothe his heartbeat than it does when Chanyeol doesn't wear that big, rectangle glasses. "What's the matter, Soo?"

The kiss lasts only for few seconds but Chanyeol quickly reconjoining their lips together, for the second, third, and fourth time. Perhaps even more. "Having a bad day at work? Did Baekhyun disturb you again?"

"Not this time. But doesn't mean he's not annoying---sometimes I wonder why you two are bestfriends."

The shape of his husband's eyes shifts into two crescents. "Sometimes I'm wondering it myself."

Under the dim light like this, and with  the sound of Sehun's soft snore from the room closeby, it doesn't look like Chanyeol has a somewhat Cheshire-grin counterpart on his face. When they exchange glances, Kyungsoo realizes he has been caught up with his husband' look, that leaves him with no choice but to wait for a few more minutes until the blushes on his cheeks fade away. But then right as he's finding the urge to confess, Chanyeol points at the potrait on the nightstand, leaning back on the bed just enough to cause Kyungsoo lands comfortably on that broad chest, feeling his stable breath.

It's an old photograph, Kyungsoo in a black winter coat and Chanyeol stood behind him, hovering like a tall human he is. And there's also Sehun, seated in the middle, little fingers (pale and short like uncooked egg-roll) tried to yank his new parents' ears. And his feet were so small, covered by yellow socks with bird drawings on the surface, and these he had used to kick Chanyeol whenever he laughed because his ten-months old form couldn't hold back wild gestures just yet. Kyungsoo smiles at the memory. "You were so happy when we brought him home," Chanyeol begins, one hand between the locks of his hair, them gently, "and---look, Sehun was so tiny. He was still a guilt-free baby."

"He was so skinny," Kyungsoo hums. "And his stomach didn't react well with milk."

"I couldn't sleep because he cried non-stop."

"Ha---you spoiled him still. At that time, you were so overly panic; talk about being a drama queen."

"It's a parental thing!" Chanyeol laughs, voice stuffed because he decides to kiss Kyungsoo one more time, relying on his tongue-game whilst doing so---he never received any complaint.

****

By the time Kyungsoo tells him the truth, two days have gone by.

It's Kyungsoo, too, who breaks the silence at first. "I never taught him that word," and he adds rather subtly, as he feels the need to explain why.

"I don't suspect you, baby," as soon as he notices the presence on his husband's visage, Kyungsoo understands Chanyeol's saying the truth. After that, everything is back to silence; which is utterly weird, for usually Chanyeol voices his thought so easily, but there he sits without saying anything, as though his mind is somewhere else, somewhere unreached.

He doesn't know how long they're in that latitude, it's Saturday and Sehun is still doing choir rehearsal in the kindergarten; so much for school festival next two weekends. Sehun doesn't even like to sing.

There is a yard full of parents waiting for their kids outside of their car; Kyungsoo feels a curling around his stomach, all he wants to do is take back what has been spilled by his mouth; in fact, he wishes he never showed his weak side to Chanyeol---he had done this before, many times at that. But it seems like he keeps doing it intentionally, and it's bad, really bad, he wishes he's able to cut out this habit.

"Maybe we should talk to him," Chanyeol murmured to his smaller husband, like he's keeping a secret; swallowing words back into his troath and cupping Kyungsoo's cheeks in his also-big-hands (it's funny, Kyungsoo told him one day---now that he remembers it, that was before they were an item; everyting about you is big, but your face is of a middle-schooler, like how), and it's now Kyungsoo's turn to be silent.

"He probably doesn't know the meaning."

"Still doesn't hurt to try to clear the issue, alright, Soo?"

The air conditioner blows cold breeze around his exposed collarbone, up to his nape and lingers just at the back of his head---Kyungsoo sighs, 1) because he shouldn't have picked a V-neck or trusted Chanyeol's fashion sense (eventhough he isn't better himself; at least he admits that) and 2) he doesn't like the way this is heading.

The last time they tried to have a parents and son talk with Sehun, everything was a mess, that Chanyeol's mom had to borrow him for a week because Sehun kept crying and he thought his parents are scary and, according to what Chanyeol taught him, scary-things reside in monsters, and on this wise, Sehun had once seeing him and Chanyeol as monsters (those horrible creatures!); in a roundabout way.

But it's just the fact that Sehun is very spoiled and owns a super fragile heart; Kyungsoo knows that. And that's why this is a bad idea---trying to talk to him, that is. Kyungsoo could be snapping any time by now (and Chanyeol out of all people knows that he stands no chance against his short-tempered husband) but their family car should be the last place for fierce argument to come off. So looking out at the kindergarten building, Kyungsoo gives Chanyeol's fingers a little squeeze (they still haven't left his cheeks) and said in a low voice, "Just don't make him cry."

"Baby," Chanyeol pecks on the tip of his nose real quick, "I won't."

"Great. Because you shall not."

---And they said Chanyeol is the one spoiling the kid a lot.

****

At last, it really turns to be a long process, though.

Kyungsoo is tired of waiting for Chanyeol to say it. Across the street, there is his husband with that Cheshire-like wide grin (and the fact that he wears purple-striped shirt this time makes the resemblance more warranted), and there is also his son, clads in adorable white jumper and he's yelling something to the air about how he loved his waffle chocolate-flavored. "Daddy, do you want one too?" and as reading his mind, Sehun waves at him, hair strands dances with the gust of wind.

"Nope, sweetheart, Daddy is full," but he doesn't expect Sehun to pout like nothing to it; he stares at Chanyeol and he finds his husband shaking his head, the look on his face is full of "why did you do that?" remarks.

"I did nothing," Kyungsoo creates a few gestures to transmit the message.

But it's not like Kyungsoo lies---this waffle stall is already the fifth place they pop in since the moment Sehun finished the rehearsal and specifically after he asked in that sugary pleading tone whenever he wants something from his parents, "Sehunnie wants to eat a lot of food today!"

Thought it would be a pretty easy quest, but Sehun being a spoiled kid he is added more details once he made it into the passenger seat; he doesn't want to eat just any kind of food---and that it has to be in Myeong-dong. So, Myeong-dong that is; Chanyeol drove the car there without further ado. Kyungsoo lets their son wanders around street food stalls in full speed, and he really pays attention to know Sehun has eaten pretty much heavy foods for the last thirty minutes; jajangmyeon in cup, dakkochi, two pieces of bungeoppang, sweet hotteok, and the latest one is chocolate-flavored waffle he jumps so high to ask Chanyeol to buy it for him.

Each time Sehun buys the snack, he is demanding his parents to have some also---at one point Kyungsoo wanted to turn him down because Sehun has a sweet tooth and Kyungsoo doesn't really consume sugars. He didn't say it loud, tough, not until they stopped at the waffle stall and Kyungsoo was officially unable to take it anymore. At one point Kyungsoo had suggested they go home before seven at night but both Chanyeol and Sehun said otherway; and until then he's not able to figure out Chanyeol's mind by agreeing with Sehun---

---or maybe this kid just wants to spend some time with his parents.

"Wait, I'm changing my mind," Kyungsoo rushes to him and takes a small bite of the chocolate flavored waffle. "Delicious!" and that's pretty effective to spark Sehun's giggle. "But Dad doesn't feel too well," now the pout that dies out for a while is shown again; Kyungsoo uses this occasion to ruffle his son's light brown hair strands and make him listen. "Guess Dad will wait in the care then? Sehun can still play with Papa and eat yummy foods. Just remember not to eat too many sweets, how's that?"

He doesn't remember how long he's sleeping in their family car (he remembers Sehun sniffing his tears tough, before Chanyeol warned him not to cry in public); next thing he knows when he opens his eyes, he has changed into his nightly sleep robe and instead of passenger seat, he discovers himself waking up to a warm, comfy bed.

The clocks on the wall states it's five minutes past midnight. Chanyeol isn't there---probably goes to finish some files in livingroom, he thinks, as he gets on the house slippers and tightens the knots of his attire.

There's a full moon outside of their window, and somehow he has it in his head that this moon is gaping at him from above the dark blue of Hannam-dong. Kyungsoo checks on Sehun's bedroom first, he would be up all night watching his son's sleeping face. It's just so peaceful---Sehun is no bad kid, though he's oftentimes naughty and loud, and so forth the view of him tucked fondly on his bed at night is still something worth the witness; everynight at random occurence, both him and Chanyeol would be up and peek at their kid's bedroom, only to bite back a smile by virtue of such an adorable sight. Walking closer, he caresses the boy's cheeks  carefully and lightly pinches the left one, laughing when Sehun stirs in his sleep. Until this moment, Sehun remains their brightest gems, and he couldn't be any more thankful---none of these moment is as easy as he imagined before but it isn't hard either, it's just right, everything that happens to him.

He kisses the boy for the last time before turning off the light. "I love it, I love it that you are ours."

****

"I knew that you will be here." 

Chanyeol smiles at him from his spot, earnestly, the kind of smile that somewhat always nestles him. "Soo? You woke up already?"

It's past midnight and Kyungsoo feels fat, still it doesn't stop him from snagging the corn-chips snack on the coffee table. He switchs on the TV (just to be greeted with old variety show rerun), then situates himself on the couch, just beside his husband (eyes focusing towards musical notes---does he even use the right words), placing his head on the latter's shoulder like how it always goes. "Sehun sleeps like a log."

"So were you, when we got back to the car," he was looking through the corner of his eyes as he watches Chanyeol halting the work, his face swarmed by contentment. "Feeling better, baby?"

He gives a hum as an answer without moving his head, crumbles of corn-chips around a chewing mouth.

Sometimes he favors being reminded as Chanyeol's possession, that one is an old habit, at heart, just as this juncture he climbs onto Chanyeol's lap and presses his back on the other's thorax tract. It doesn't take more than five seconds for two long arms to be around his waist, followed by Chanyeol's nose tickling the area of his nape. Usually Kyungsoo would scold his husband everytime he does this thing---smelling your partner neck is weird. And undeniably stupid. But he let it passes this time, even tilting a bit to give the bigger one more access, putting his embarrassment (and a little of annoyance) aside.

If he was to stare into Chanyeol's face now, he knows his husband must have put on that Cheshire-like grin. He can feel his laugh above his skin, the blowing of the air when Chanyeol's lips get lower and lower and finally arrive at his backspine.

Kyungsoo was still gripping at the sofa fabric when Chanyeol suddenly whispers, "I have talked with Sehun," 

He still doesn't turn around---the TV is currently broadcasting food-delivery advertisement. "Did he cry?" asks Kyungsoo, placing down the snacks bag as if it becomes too difficult to swallow.

"Ah," Chanyeol hails, eyes meeting his own on the Television screen, "he did not, it was all alright. It is all alright. He opened up to me."

This is weird. To pretend to be not surprised is something he can't excecute quite properly. Normally, Sehun is a very sensitive kid, thus this making it a brand new information to him. He's about to utter something when another old reflection rushes up; he stops for a moment, calculating, then he places back the corn-chip bag on the coffee table and asks to Chanyeol, now eventually looking at each other, "Then what did he say?" 

"Well, he said sorry. And I told him, don't be. I asked him whether he had any idea about the meaning and he shook his head no."

"That's weird."

Chanyeol looks at him with two thin eyebrows connected. He's actually quite hot doing so, Kyungsoo tells himself---black loose t-shirt, black loose shorts, black straight hair parted in two (five and five) that he just recently done at Suho's salon. Kyungsoo clears his throat.

And apparently Chanyeol notices that. "What it is, Soo?"

"I don't know, it still doesn't make sense to me."

"I'm all ears," Chanyeol says, his words sprinkle like splash of water in a lonesome summer.

**** 

Kyungsoo doesn't really understand how they end up snuggling on bed.

First, there is his confession;

"Nonetheless, Sehun must have heard about the word before," murmurs him, sighing and gripping Chanyeol's fingers at the same time. "And not just once, for him to be able to mimic that. You know how Sehun is. But I'm keeping my eyes on him all the time, and even the TV shows he watches. I can makes sure not one even holds such content. It's weird. I have no idea where he got that cuss from."

The livingroom isn't far from their bed, but still it's weird to go there with two lips busy eating each other---it brings a memory of their wedding night; except Kyungsoo was bold enough to hit Chanyeol so that he would stop. This time, however, he lets the taller do what he wants; he doesn't want to deny the fact that Chanyeol turns him on with his black-and-still-black outfit as well. Being held within Chanyeol's arms is such one guilty pleasure, he has to wait for the redness of his cheeks to die down because once he finds it out, Chanyeol won't surely let it go---at all cost.

They kiss, they groan, they their arousals together---it's all nice and enticing until Chanyeol breaths into his ears.

And now he knows why.

"Soo, but make sure to keep your voice low this time, alright baby?"

"Uh--- it, Chanyeol, please---why?"

"Because Sehun might be copying your pleasured noises again."

Now he surely knows why.

****

Maybe around a week later, when Chanyeol hears the bell rings and he spots two guys around his height show up at their front door.

"House number 144, right? May we meet Mr. Park?"

"Ah, yeah, yeah. It's me."

"Ah, then, good afternoon. We are from the soundproof-wall-panels service you contacted yesterday."

"Ah, yeah, yeah, let's come in. My husband has been bugging me a lot about it."

 

****


~