Dad and Papa, and Sehun

House Number 144

Sehun has two awesome fathers...

1,3k+


Chapter 2: Dad and Papa, and Sehun

-Busy Life-

Sehun has two awesome fathers.

Sehun has two awesome fathers and one awesome buddy, to be more specific---Jongin doesn't like to be left out. Eventhough Sehun used to shatter the doll house his friend built during lunch time---because why would Jongin ever do ballet and play with dolls. Boys play with robots and cool blaster toys. Even building sets and blocks sound much more better than---than dolls.

He likes his breakfast slightly-burnt toast and chocolate milk served not too hot. Dad doesn't usually let him eat them everyday, though. "Don't obey the sweet tooth," he would reason, and place the chicken soup on the table.

Day off or not, it never matters. Sehun is always busy. Each morning, has to wake up at seven and takes warm bath-; uniforms are blue on Monday and Tuesday, yellow on Wednesday and Thursday, and white sport shirt with black short on Friday. By the time Dad drops him at the kindergarten, it's usually some minutes before eight ante meridian. Sehun always hates the fact that he still needs to wait for more five hours until he's allowed to go home. Kindergarten isn't his style. And there are Saturday and Sunday to visit Grandpa and Grandma. One house in Seoul and the other in Ilsan. Dad and Papa has planned the schedule; if this week is Seoul, then the next one they will be staying at Ilsan, meeting Dad's parents. If the weather is bad, then he'll be just rolling on bed and sleep. And maybe play with his tabby cat Xiumin. But it's not like Sehun doesn't play with him consistently.

****

-Papa's Laugh-

Dad and Papa both make a lot of money.

Or so he thought, and is probably true anyway, because Sehun eats a lot of good foods and is given a lot of cool stuffs. 

At one in the afternoon, after the class, Papa will pick him up and take him to his workplace--Papa works in a studio, composing music he says. At some occasion Papa will also go on tour---Sehun hates it because Papa will go for at least a week and could be even nearing one month. Not a kind of job he supports. Papa never tagged him along to the trip to boot---actually he had tried, once, but then Sehun got sick at the end from lack of sleep and Dad was so angry he banned it to happen again. Sehun never receive any more invitation from Papa ever since. But hey the aftermath is kind of worth it, because Papa will take rest days and stay at home for a long time and they can spend time together again.

Papa's life is revolved in music. Sehun doesn't like singing but he likes listening to the songs he produces. He's kind of used to how Papa humming random notes in midnight, softly humming again to himself and writing it down on a piece of paper. The rain dribbling outside and Papa closes his eyes within the dimness of table lamps, so pretty as though he belongs to be in paintings. And he should.

Because Papa is a very handsome guy---and taaall, super taaall that people look at him anywhere he goes. Or maybe it is because Papa is just simply good looking. And smile a lot. Really, really a lot.

Apparently, though, Dad gets irritated by Papa's laugh. Said it's cheesy and annoying. Said it's stupid and tiring, the rare time when they were fighting.

****

Sehun knows that deep down Dad never meant it. You would never kiss a person you hate---so desperately, like your life belongs to him.

****

-Dad and His Book-

Now, if Papa is loud, then Dad is the epitome of calm water. Gentle, but watch out because you may get drown.

Everybody in Sehun's family has different way of laughing---Sehun thinks his laugh is pretty cute, or can be read as pretty and cute at the same time. Papa's laugh is a perfect moment for you to observe his perfectly white, in line teeth. He doesn't need to open his mouth wider for you to be able to see them.

But Dad, Dad has a very pretty laugh---and somewhat pure, like white hollyhock, like the first drip of fresh milk from its carton that you want to devour in one gulp.

In real life, once you look at one object too much, you should be feeling customized or even bored to a certain extent. That never happened to him everytime he gets a load of Dad's smile. Lips forming a blooming heart shape and cheeks lifting up, making his round eyes transform into lovely crescents. And then you would think to yourself---oh, maybe kissing him will taste real nice. One look at it and Sehun understands why Papa spent his three years of college life chasing after Dad.

"And then he eventually said yes," Papa has told him the story before. Or actually to Baekhyun-uncle (he is not bad, actually, but Dad hates this person and he guesses he should hate him too), and Sehun sitting next to them, pretending to be clueless. "I  screamed. I cried myself to sleep. Not out of anguish---it was an incredible feelings. I can't really describe how was my heart that day---whatever is in people's guess, it was much more better."

****

Dad's job is pretty boring.

He offs to work everyday in a rush. And comes back home two or three hours before dinner. Dad is an English teacher, works for a suuuper big high school in the town. He has plenty books in the library---their own library, sets just across of Sehun's room. All in weird language. Books so heavy and thick, thicker than three and a half stacks of cacao honey dip from Dunkin' Donuts combined; a half because Sehun ate the most part of the one on top.

When Dad speaks in English, it is magical. He knows a fact that other kids in school don't have Dad who speaks English as good as his. Perhaps he even feels a little bit special inside.

Life is learning, Dad calls it. Always. When he was seated on Dad's lap last year, with mouth wide opened and fingers grabbed at the closes car decoration (came in a form of mini monkey toys), Sehun wondered if maybe Papa found it funny because his shoulders shuddered---not because he was shaken, it was because he suddenly laughed, and that happened secretly.

Sehun still thinks Dad is cool, though---heard that English is no easy subject. And Dad uses this skill on many occasions---tongue running perplexing sentences. How isn't that cool. Of course it is cool; his Dad is super cool. Sometimes during night Sehun hears him and Papa making strange noises, which will lead to his Dad screaming something he doesn't know the meaning of, and he would want to. Badly. So Sehun attempted to mimic it---words Dad moans in English. Sehun also wants to be a special cool kid.

****

Unfortunately, Papa told him that Dad has been complaining; that he doesn't like it.

"Forget about them, baby. Those are bad words. Not good for Sehun's health."

"But Dad's the one screaming these stuffs many a time! Why isn't Sehun allowed to copy Dad. Is Sehun not cool enough."

Maybe he really loves the figure of Dad in their house library, facing a thick book full of English words, and Sehun waits at the side.Because Dad would always end up picking another title from the rack---one he particularly keep for Sehun; one with a lot of drawings and cat pictures inside.

Maybe that's why he asked Dad to read him fairy tale and sing him to sleep, when Sehun made a promise not to imitate the English remarks Dad bawls at night or be a bad kid. 

****


Sehun has two awesome fathers. Papa, who loves music (and smiles a lot!) (and tall too!) (the tallest in the family!), and Dad, who is just simply cool.