A fun afternoon :)

Five Guys and an Exchange Student

When we arrived at the pool, Kibum, whose nickname I gathered was Key, and Minho were already there, dressed in trunks and white t-shirts. They tossed Taemin, Onew, and Jonghyun their stuff, and the three of them went to go change. I hesitated. I didn’t know how I hadn’t thought of it before, but I didn’t have my bikini with me. I opened my mouth to tell Key, but he held up a finger. “Before you say anything,” Key said, “Minho and I figured out you wouldn’t be bringing a bathing suit to school...so we got you one.” I gasped and giggled as Key pulled out a brand-new bikini from behind his back. If it were any other guy I would have been a little alarmed, but Key sort of radiated a diva-esque quality...so I didn’t mind. Minho mouthed, “I’m really sorry for earlier.” Even though he looked sincere, I was still apprehensive, raising an eyebrow skeptically. But I valued the budding friendship we’d had for those precious few hours, so attempting to return things back to that, I changed my expression to a smile.

I went to go change. The bikini was perfect, better than any I could have found for myself. It was so great, I tried not to admire myself stupidly as I passed the mirror on the way out.

When I went back outside, all of the guys were there already, changed but still with their t-shirts on. I noticed Jonghyun’s eyes flicker towards me, lingering for a few moments until I looked at him and he turned away quickly. “Let’s go find an empty area,” Onew suggested. We followed him to the far end of the pool. “Ready everyone?” He stretched as he took his shirt off. I gawked. The man had obviously been working out hours. That is, until Minho and Jonghyun eased their shirts off too. Both of their pelvic lines were extremely well-defined, and their abs were priceless. How much time do they spend at the gym?!?! I felt a wave of shame. Did checking out all three of them make me a ? Worse, I knew that judging them, even slightly, based on their bodies made me a shallow person. Minho’s voice and heart were not something to give away easily; I just didn’t know if I wanted to move that fast so soon. But I had to admit Jonghyun was starting to with his rough speech, cryptic expressions, and now that body. Then again, Onew had looks, brains, humor, and heart. I wanted only one, and yet I yearned for the others at the same time...

“Come on, Mihyun!” I gasped and giggled, feeling giddy again as Onew tickled my waist. I jumped in the water, and he dove in after me as we both splashed each other. The others joined in soon after. I noticed Jonghyun seemed rather distracted; he played with the water and laughed along with us, but his thoughts were somewhere else. Forget it, I told myself, Onew is the one you’re after. And so I tried to forget about it.

When we got out of the pool, Taemin pulled me aside quickly. “Can I talk to you, noona?” he asked excitedly.

“Sure...what is it?” Maybe he’s going to tell me where he gets that awesome hair of his done.

“My hyung Onew really likes you and I think you two would be an adorable couple so I’m calling you noona hoping that you two will get married someday, okay? Please be good to my hyung!” Taemin blurted. He was so innocent and adorable that I was speechless. So that’s why he had been so friendly, and it explains the weird winking that’s always going on. I tried not to laugh at how cute the whole idea was.

“What makes you think that?” I asked carefully, trying not to betray any emotion.

“Shh,” he leaned in closer, eyes wide. “Don’t tell hyung I told you this but he told me he likes you a lot, noona.” Taemin stepped back and grinned, obviously satisfied. And I thought I was a happy person. “Let’s go back now,” he said. I followed him back to the rest of the group and we all headed out to the main street.

“It’s 6 already, what do you want to do?” Key asked. “It’s a little early for dinner but too late to go anywhere else. Should we go home and cook or hang out a little more and eat at a restaurant?”

“I vote to go out,” Taemin called immediately. “Right hyungs?”

“Sure,” Minho shrugged. Jonghyun was still in another world.

“Ok then eating out it is!” Key said. “By the time we figure out where to go I’m sure we’ll be hungry.”

“What do you want to eat, Mihyun?” Onew asked. “Western? Japanese? Chinese? Korean?”

“Anything’s fine,” I nodded.

“Since you’re in Korea we should take you to eat kalbi or bulgogi or something,” Key said. “I know a great place and it’ll take us about 20 minutes to get there so it’ll be perfect.”

“Sure!” Any kind of food, especially Korean food, was good. A little while later, after a subway ride and a short walk, we arrived at a place with the characters “Hodori Restaurant” hanging at the entrance. We were just about to walk in, when Taemin piped up: “Oh yeah, I just realized I have tickets to a concert!”

“Really?” Minho asked.

“Yeah, I won them a while back. Let’s see,” Taemin pulled them out of his pocket, “one, two, three, four – wait, I was supposed to have five. Oh no, I think I lost the fifth one!” He feigned great despair. I suppressed a smile. I knew where this was going.

“Can we buy them at the door, then we can get one for Mihyun too,” Minho suggested.

“No, it’s all sold out, and plus they have our names printed on them,” Taemin said. “Oh no, what are we going to do? These are really great tickets, too. Lots of people would kill to see this concert.” He sighed loudly. “Whose name is missing, let’s see...oh no, it’s Onew hyung. Aish, you might just have to stay with Mihyun while the rest of us go.” Jonghyun’s expression hardened again. Could he be...jealous? No, that’s impossible.

“That’s okay,” Onew and I said at the same time.

Taemin winked at me. “Then we’ll be off! Don’t worry about us, we’ll find something to eat on the way there. You two enjoy your kalbi and sundubu!” He waved to the others. “Come on, we’re going to miss it if we don’t hurry.” Minho looked like he wanted to say something, but Taemin pulled on his arm and led everyone away before anyone could speak. With that Onew and I turned to each other, smiled, and went in.

-----------------

kekeke Taeminnie is always such a cutie! haha xD