In the Library...

Five Guys and an Exchange Student

When I entered, I saw him sitting near the front of the library. He smiled and waved as I approached him. “Didn’t you have a dance session or something?” I asked.

“Oh, I’m excused since I told the director I had to study,” Minho said casually. “It’s sort of noisy here...wanna move somewhere farther back where it’s quieter?”

I didn’t want to give Minho any false hopes, but what could be the harm in a little peace and quiet? “Okay,” I agreed. He showed me to a smaller classroom in the back. I the lights since the windowless room didn't let out any light from outside. Minho closed the door gently, took out his books, and sat down by me at a small table. We began to talk, finding out more about each other with each passing minute. Only after an hour did I realize we hadn't started any work at all.

"So Minho sunbae, what are you having trouble with in English?" I asked.

"Umm, well there's just this one part," Minho flipped to the page, "that I don't really understand. How does the sentence order go for sentences where you have a direct object, subject, indirect object, and verb?" My heart fluttered as he leaned in earnestly. Our shoulders brushed while we both looked over the book, sending tingles down my spine. It was a sort of...flaming charisma probably describes it best. He put his hand over mine and squeezed it ever so gently as I explained the concept.

Just then the ringtone of my phone broke the atmosphere. Minho abruptly leaned away awkwardly, slightly embarrassed.

"Yongbuseyo?" I asked.

"Hey it's Jinki," the voice on the other line said. "Wanna meet at the library in a few minutes?"

I didn't know what to say. I felt equally torn between loyalty to Onew and Minho. "Umm why?" Stupid question.

"Oh just because. Don't worry Taemin and some of my other friends are coming with me," he answered. "Unless you wanted me to come alone?" I giggled. He was shy and outgoing at the same time, however that was possible.

"I'll be at the front in a few minutes, I'm studying right now," I replied. "See you there."

"Ok, annyeong." He hung up.

"Who was that?" Minho asked. "Was it Onew?"

I squirmed in my seat. "Umm yeah. We're gonna go outside and meet him with his friends in a few minutes, okay?"

"Maybe we'll have to leave the studying for another time then," Minho sighed. "But I think you should stop contacting him." His voice was deep and smooth, with just a touch of huskiness.

"Wae?" I asked, feigning innocence.

"Naega itjanha (You have me)," he continued in that y voice. My heart was racing; if it went any faster I thought it would burst. I couldn't think straight. "Eunhh?" I tilted my head to the side.

"From the moment I met you, not only did I think you were beautiful, but you were intelligent and independent. And I know we've only known each other for a few hours, but...I really like you." Minho's sincere eyes searched mine for the reaction he wanted. I was dumbfounded. This handsome demigodlike man, falling for me?!

My mind was still blurry as I saw him close in the distance between us. I felt his finger brush on my cheek while he gently caressed my lips with his. I wanted the moment to last, yet I was the one to pull away.

"Mianheyo," I said. "We should probably get going now." I knew it was a mood killer, but he'd caught me unprepared.

"Why don't you want me?" Minho asked. His voice had a slight edge to it now.

"Just...I'm not ready for that right now...and we should be going anyway," I mumbled.

"What does Onew hyung have that I don't?" His eyes were pleading. Oh no please don't bring Onew into this, it'll make it ten times worse, I prayed. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I packed my stuff. Why did it feel like I wasn't doing the right thing no matter who I chose in my mind? "I'm sorry...for making you uncomfortable," Minho finally said, in a calmer tone.

"Gwaenchanha (it's ok)," I shook my head as I opened the door...

---------------------

hint: there is a surprise on the other side of the door. keep reading. lol ;D