To the Pool! :D

Five Guys and an Exchange Student

I opened the door. “Ow!” There was a scuffling and a muffled “shut up!” Who could be there? I peeked around the door. It was Jonghyun and Kibum. My jaw dropped. How much did they hear?!?!?!? “What’s going on here?” I demanded nervously.

“We heard Minho's voice and yours in there...as we were just...passing by. Yeah, passing by," Kibum’s voice trailed off as he looked awkwardly at Jonghyun.

“Why is it that everywhere I go, you two seem to be showing up?” This was really starting to irritate me.

“We could say the same about you.” Jonghyun and his stupid smirk. He thinks he’s so cool.

“What Jonghyun hyung means,” Kibum said quickly, “is that our dance session ended and Taemin told us Minho hyung went to the library, but we didn’t find him anywhere, so we were wondering where he was...”

“And overheard the cheesiest kiss scene in the history of teenagers,” Jonghyun finished.

Minho came out. “Just shut up, will you?” he said.

Jonghyun smirked again. SO ANNOYING. Minho’s face flushed red. Kibum looked at Jonghyun worriedly. “Stop, hyung,” he said. “I don’t think we should be fighting like this for no reason at all. And look, there’s Onew hyung.”

OH NO. I whipped around to see. Kibum was right. Onew was coming towards us, a book under his arm, smiling. “Boo,” he said playfully as he swung his arms around Kibum and Minho’s shoulders. “What’s going on here? Are we having a party in the library?”

Here goes. The truth is coming out. I begged Jonghyun silently not to say anything, but he didn’t even look my way. Instead he said, “Well, Key and I got here just as Mihyun finished helping Minho with his English homework, so we were just hanging out and chatting here while waiting for you and Taemin.” Maybe Jonghyun isn’t such a bad guy after all, I mused. I smiled at him gratefully, but he still didn’t notice me.

“Well Taemin should be here in a few minutes...or now,” Onew said as Taemin walked into the circle. “Since we’re all here we should go out and have some fun, no?” Onew’s smile was so adorable it was angelic.

“Yay, hyungs and noona, let’s all go somewhere cool, it’s so hot in summer,” Taemin joined in. “How about the swimming pool?” I nearly choked on my spit. These five guys shirtless? Water? I shook my head, trying to empty my brain of those thoughts.

“Taemin you’re a genius! I thought we were going to die from heat especially after dance,” Key said. “I’ll go by the apartment and pick our stuff up so we can all meet each other at the pool. See you soon!”

“I’ll come with you,” Minho said quickly. “Let’s go.” And they hurried out of the library, leaving me with Taemin, Onew, and Jonghyun. “Come on,” Taemin said.

“You and Onew oppa go ahead first, I need to talk to Jonghyun sunbae for a second,” I said. I noticed Onew smile, Taemin giggle, and Jonghyun’s face harden.

“Okay, noona,” Taemin winked. He’s so adorable, he’s been calling me noona since the first minute he saw me. “Come on, hyung,” he said as he left with Onew. I walked slowly with Jonghyun, pondering my words carefully.

“Umm...thanks for covering for me earlier,” was all I could come up with. Jonghyun stared at me for a long time, his gaze enigmatic. I thought I detected a trace of...sympathy? Envy? Friendliness? Maybe I was just seeing things. I waited for him to reply, but he didn’t respond, so I continued. “Why did you do it?”

His face suddenly changed back to its rigid, emotionless state. “Don’t blow your head up. I didn’t do it out of compassion for you,” he said coldly. “I’m very close with Onew hyung. And I couldn’t bear to see him hurt because of...because I know that he...even though I...” Jonghyun’s voice suddenly trailed off as he struggled to find the words. But he fell silent again.

He’s really a hard one to figure out. “Go on,” I urged him.

“Nothing,” he said quickly. I noticed him getting flustered as he blushed slightly and turned his head away, walking faster to catch up with Taemin and Onew. He’s capable of emotion? Will these guys never cease to surprise me? I followed him. “Sorry,” I whispered. He ignored me and began talking to the others instead as we all headed out of the library.

----------------------

they're going to the pool now. woohoo xD