~ XII ~

Correspondance des Arts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Attention: each "~♪♪♪~" sign is a link to the song that the character is performing.

 

I waved my hand, right in front of Kibum’s face, but his eyes did not open. Neither did his body move.

‘Did he fall asleep?’ I wondered, watching him being curled up on a sofa in a comfortable position. His expression was truly amusing. No sign of his normal mischievousness… just some kind of tenderness. I knew him very well, but it was the first time I saw him having such expression. He must have had a very nice dream, I couldn’t find any other explanation. For a second I wanted to leave him like this, because he was just too peaceful to be made fun of. But then Kibum grinned widely and I felt an urge to take a photo of this hilarious sight, just to be able to later. I grabbed my mobile and prepared to take an evidence of his pleasant dream. I didn’t manage to, though, because my friend’s peaceful expression suddenly changed into a grimace.

‘Yah! What the hell are you doing?!’ A pair of furious eyes was burning a hole in my face. Kibum was Kibum again. I sighed heavily and turned off the camera. Kibum took off his headphones and only then I realized he’s been listening to the music for this whole time.

‘What were you listening to? It must have been a very pleasant experience…’ I and he unexpectedly turned red, at the same time trying to hide his MP3 player. I quickly approached him and pulled it out of his hand. Kibum glared at me, furious.

‘Give it back to me right now, you outgrown idiot!’ he shouted, standing up. Even though he was annoyed as hell, he didn’t manage to win with my long arms.

‘Hm, let’s see what Key is trying to hide so hard. Are you ashamed of your music taste? Don’t tell me that you like…’ I stopped, when the music filled my ears. I didn’t know the song, but I certainly knew the voice. It was so familiar. I didn’t manage to listen to it longer and more carefully, though. Kibum pulled the device out of my hands.

‘Happy now?’ he growled, hurryingly packing up his things.

‘Was it… Jonghyun?’ I asked in disbelief, still unsure if I heard it right.

‘Maybe,’ he spoke coldly, but I could see the faint blush covering his cheeks.

‘Where did you get that from? Are you his fan? Do you like him? Don’t say that… are you guys really dating?’

‘Minho!’ He glared at me again. ‘You act like a teenage girl,’ he attacked me, trying to hide his embarrassment. I remained silent, not giving him a chance to change the subject. Kibum rolled his eyes and sat back on the sofa. Taking this as a good sign, I sat on a chair, facing him.

‘So…’ I spoke awkwardly. It was the first time I saw Kibum being like this. Usually it was hard to see him blushing, but now his whole face became red. ‘I thought Jonghyun was a one-night stand…’

‘I thought so, too!’ he burst out with frustration. Then he calmed down a bit and crossed his arms on his chest. ‘And then he asked me out and…’

‘And?’

‘I know how it must look in your eyes!’ he spoke, annoyed. ‘I went there with an intention to end this relationship…’

‘And even so…’

‘Can you stop interrupting me? It all started when he complimented my hat. Do you understand what it means? To compliment it, he had to first NOTICE it and that’s not so obvious, men are ignorant and blind…’

‘Kibum…’

‘What is more, he pulled the chair out for me. You know, for cultural people it’s a common thing, but I never thought this idiot would know a little bit of savoir vivre.’

‘And that’s why…’

‘And you know what he did next? He gave me his CD. Isn’t it cheeky? I should have thrown this worthless bribery instrument out!’

‘So…’

‘And then I thought: Ha! Over my dead body! I’ll listen to it even if it’s the worst piece of a musical ever!’

‘What…’

‘Eventually… he asked me out again and I agreed.’ Kibum took a deep breath and I couldn’t hold it anymore and burst out laughing. This friend was giving me love advices do often, that it was hilarious to watch him acting like this. Now he was the one who clearly needed some help. ‘Yeah, very funny,’ he snorted, his fingers nervously playing with one of his earrings.

‘Sorry, but now you’re the one who’s acting like a teenage girl…’ I , aware of the fact that he’s going to kill me any second with his glares. But then Key surprised me once again, not reacting to my teasing. He lowered his head and kept on turning golden earring in his hand.

‘You know… I guess I like him,’ he spoke quietly. I raised my eyebrows, not expecting such honesty. It was so extraordinary to hear Kim Kibum shyly confessing his feelings like this. He was serious with Jonghyun. I suddenly regretted all of my previous teasing. ‘Maybe he’s not quite intelligent…’ said Key. ‘…nor eloquent…but something in his smile and voice makes me feel so warm inside. Look, even such a as you have found his love… So I think Jonghyun deserves it, too…’

As soon as I heard Kibum’s statement, my regret disappeared. Now I wanted to even more. I didn’t have a chance to, though. Kibum suddenly stood up and clapped his hands.

‘I think it’s time for you, my dear,’ he said, his normal confident-self back again. I followed his suggestion and stood up, too, suddenly feeling the stress taking over my mind and body again. Kibum approached me and fixed the collar of my shirt. ‘You’re annoying and nosy, but well… I wish you good luck anyway…’ he said, patting my arm. He sent me the last encouraging smile before I left the room.

~*~

I rubbed my temples, as I glanced around the classroom nervously. All of the participants of The Arts’ Unity Day were instructed to gather here much earlier than the guests of the event. That’s how I ended up in the crowded room, observing students around me. I felt sudden thankfulness towards my crazy pink-haired friend, because all of the participants looked extremely elegant. If I’d showed up in any of my old clothes, I would look completely ridiculous among them.

I fixed my collar and glanced at instruments gathered in the classroom. I was almost sure that Taemin could play most of them as skillfully, as he did with violin and piano. However, it was really difficult to imagine him with an electric guitar or drums. On the other hand… such rebel version of Taemin was as enchanting as the normal one. It would fit his character. He might have looked like an angel, but in fact he was a little devil. My boyfriend dressed in leather, head banging to the rhythm, his long hair completely messy and y… I had to stop my imagination. But on the other hand, Taemin dressed in white, tenderly touching the strings of a golden harp, creating heavenly music… Every single version of this boy was able to take my breath away.

My eyes landed on the group of dancers, rehearsing a complicated choreography. Taemin as a dancer? I had to concentrate to imagine something like this. His body moving to the rhythm, his hands waving in the air, his legs making him swing along with the music… The vision itself was so hot, that I suddenly felt glad that my boyfriend is not into dancing. It would be the end of me. I shook my head, trying to concentrate on the reality. This boy kept on making me crazy even when he was not around.

I sighed and glanced at the corner of the classroom. Weird noises could be heard, as the vocal group was having their rehearsal, too. Despite all of the imaginations that I had, singing Taemin was the thing that I wanted to experience the most. I didn’t even know why, I just needed to hear his singing voice. I certainly did not believe that he can’t sing. He was a perfectionist, that’s why he didn’t believe in his own skills. But I knew I would fell in love with his voice as soon as he shows it to me. Thanks to the promise that he’d made, I was sure that one day I will be able to hear his singing.

My eyes caught the familiar face and I walked towards my colleague.

‘You’re working hard, hyung,’ I spoke and Onew looked up to face me, his expression a bit uncomfortable. Since our school trip he acted colder than before. He stopped conspiring with Taemin, as if he was scared I would beat him up. I wanted us to be on friends’ terms, but I couldn’t help myself being glad that he stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter