will you be my valentine?

Taeco rambling ~

here I am again :D 

​after I finished my first taeco fanfiction I immediately had another idea for a one shot and I missed writing so here you go xD

I hope you like it 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jiho thought it couldn’t get any worse. 

It’s been about four weeks now that he had his last little break from work. It was just half a day of hanging out with friends but it was kind of like heaven to not sit on the same chair in front of the same table with the same computer in the same studio every day. That’s why he decided to have a whole free day with NO work at all tomorrow, so he could watch all the movies he missed out on by himself while eating pizza. Normally he would have his free day on valentines day but he didn’t have a date and he wanted to avoid all the mocking from everyone about it. He always took work as an excuse as to why he didn’t have time for girls on valentines day. 

But the only person he had to work with on that exact day, that fortunately didn’t have a date either, suddenly got asked out which meant that tomorrow he would have to work instead of watching movies ,and on valentines day he was actually free. What a bummer.

Okay, to be honest, maybe the real problem wasn’t that others would make fun of him. In fact, many of them didn’t have a date either and nobody actually cared if he had one or not. The problem was him. Unfortunately. 

He didn’t want to go out with some girl he didn’t really know, but there was someone he would much rather hang out with. As a friend of course, no heavy feelings… and due to an appointment that person would probably burst into the studio any mome-

¨Ayoo Jiho, here I am!¨ Taeil yelled, posing like a power ranger, slamming the door behind him and getting startled by it as a result.

¨Whoops, that was loud. Sorry, I’ve had to much coffee I think.¨ The older giggled stupidly at himself.

Jiho could only stare. What did just happen? 

¨It’s only 7am, how come you are so awake? And even on time?¨ The leader asked skeptical.

¨You should ask that your bestie Kyung. He had and appointment early this morning so he trampled through the room and singing so loud that even I woke up from it.¨

¨That must’ve been loud, you wouldn’t even wake up during an earthquake.¨ Jiho mumbled

¨What?¨

¨It’s nothing.¨ The tall male grinned, it was the truth after all.

¨Anyway, why was I supposed to come to this studio? Do you want me to sing?¨

Right, Jiho went to another studio today, different from his own. The studio he usually uses is made for instruments and manly for composing but it didn’t have an extra booth to record someones vocals. This one had one though.

¨Yeah, I’ve sent you the lyrics I wrote recently right? I wanted to ask you if you could sing this part¨

he showed the singer a section on his paper ¨ and also tell me what you think? It’s supposed to become an important collaboration with a famous singer so I need your opinion.¨

¨…Okay, well I’m not a famous singer and I also don’t think that you need my help but if you think you do that’s fine with me.¨ Taeil laughed and took the pile of paper from Jihos hands. ¨Tell me how I should sing this.¨

 

-

 

After several attempts of Taeil singing and Jiho changing the lyrics, he was finally content with what he had. He’d probably have to change some things during the real recording but for now, this was all he could do.

¨It’s really good, it kind of makes me jealous of whoever will get to sing this.¨ Taeil took his hoodie and put it on.

¨Thank you for helping me out. I told you I needed your opinion and vocal abilities.¨ 

¨If you say so.¨ Taeil let out one of his high pitched giggles. He was already half out of the door when Jiho stopped him.

¨Aah, wait!¨

The older turned around, startled expression. Jiho chuckled.

¨I just wanted to ask you if you have a date for valentines day?¨

¨No, I don’t. Do you? Don’t you have to work? What! Do you wanna make fun of me? You Wanna fight?¨

Taeil swung his fists in a playful manner, faking an angry expression.

¨You wouldn’t win anyway.¨ He added as if it was obvious.

¨No, no, no!¨ The rapper snorted, bursting into laughter at Taeils exaggerated reaction.

¨I don’t have a date either, seems like we’re the forever-alone-squad.¨

¨We are only two people though?¨ The older stated, his angry face failing him.

Suddenly Jiho had an idea. A really stupid one.

¨Will you be my valentine?¨ He asked.

¨W-what?!?¨ Taeils happy expression turned into a blushing, confused one.

¨Ah! No! I mean, why don’t we meet up on valentines day? We both don’t have a girlfriend and are left with nothing to do, we barely have time to do something together, so why not hang out as friends like we used to in the past?¨

¨Oh, right. Well, sounds like a plan to me.¨ The singer gave him one of his heart melting smiles.

¨We can text later about what time we meet and stuff. Bye bye¨ The small male waved cutely and walked out of the room.

¨Okay then, see ya.¨ 

Jiho just wanted to close the door but Taeil turned around a last time.

¨Oh and Jiho¨ he shouted ¨I want roses!¨ 

Taeil wasn’t to be seen anymore but you could still hear his incredibly high and loud laughter from afar.

 

~

 

Three days later, the 14th of February at 2 pm, Jiho stood in front of the door to Taeils dorm.

He knew that Kyung and Jaehyo had both dates and Jihoon had schedules in another city. They all wouldn’t come back before tomorrow so Taeil and him would have some time alone (in a totally non romantic way).

He couldn’t help but be a bit nervous when he rang the bell after all. 

¨Perfect timing!¨ Taeil said happily when he opened the door. ¨I just got done showering.¨ He laughed as suddenly his gaze fell on the youngers hands.

¨Oh my god Jiho, you really bought be roses!¨. Jiho wasn’t sure but he thought he saw a faint blush on Taeils cheeks. ¨That’s so sweet of you!¨ The singer added and they both bursted into laughter that instant.

Taeil pulled Jiho inside the dorm, closed the door and took the bouquet of roses out of his hands.

¨So what shall we do first?¨ He asked while searching for a vase that was big enough. 

¨I don’t know about you but gaming and watching movies always sounds good to me. But I’d prefer to do that in the evening. I actually wanted to go out and eat at some restaurant but I really don’t want to deal with paparazzi today and I don’t want to see all those couples.¨ Jiho sat down on the couch, watching his hyung amused while he put the flowers in a pink, hearty jug with horses on it.

¨Stop judging, I got it from a fan, and we don’t have anything bigger here.¨ Taeil answered Jihos unspoken question and led their attention back to the main topic. 

¨How about we go out, buy a few things, preparing and eating dinner here and then we can play video games and watch movies all night?¨ 

¨Yeah, that’s technically a good idea, but you know I can’t cook.¨

¨That’s okay, you have me. I don’t know where we could get our ingredients from without getting recognized.¨

¨Oh, but I do! Do you remember the old, little store near the forest where only grannies live? They don’t know who we are and there are never young people as far as I know.¨

¨That’s right! I forgot about that place. We should get going though if we want to eat before midnight, it’ll take some time to get there.¨

 

-

 

I took them over two hours to actually get to the store and buy the things they needed. As predicted  there were only elderly people in that environment. The old lady at the vegetable stand recognized the two young men from the past. They were the only under 60 years ones who were visiting them in a long time, so it wasn’t hard to remember she said, even though they looked so different now. 

The sun was already setting when they drove back home, singing (or maybe more like screaming) along to some songs from EXID.

¨WHY DON’T YOU KNOW DON’T YOU KNOW DON’T YOU KNOOO- AH TAEIL, LOOK AT THAT!¨ 

¨WHAT?¨ 

Jiho turned the music down.

¨I said look at that.¨ He pointed at a little bridge. ¨Wanna watch the sunset from there?¨

¨Why not, it’s valentines day after all, we do need some romance.¨

¨Stop it, geez.¨

The surroundings consisted of trees, fields and more trees only, there was not a single house to be seen. They parked the car on the side of the street next to a big, old tree and walked over to the bridge. It was a rather tiny bridge compared to those they were used to and it was completely made out of wood. Even though it looked like it was about to fall apart any moment it still looked steady enough to hold the two of them and keep them from falling into the small flow underneath them.

¨It’s so prettyyyyy~¨ Taeil mumbled staring at the sky, dipped in orange, red, yellow and pink. He was shaking under the cold. 

It was indeed freezing outside. There was no snow but the air was dry and cold as a result of the cloudless sky.

Jiho didn’t even ask, he just took his scarf and wrapped it around the smaller males neck, fingers sometimes accidentally brushing his skin.

Taeil didn’t say anything, he looked a bit worried though, he didn’t want him to be cold but he knew even if he said something it wouldn’t change a thing so he simply smiled at Jiho to say thank you.

They were standing there a long time even after the sun completely vanished behind the horizon. No one wanted to break this moment of silence and peace, filled with beauty. A moment without any hectic schedules, tumult, all the hatred and commotion about everything. 

But it got cold and late so without a single word they agreed to head back to the car to go home.

 

-

 

¨Could you chop the tomatoes, please?¨ Taeil reached the younger a knife.

¨We need about three or four.¨

¨…Okay…that could take a while.¨ 

Jiho started to slowly slice the (in his opinion now) weird vegetable with an extremely concentrated expression, tongue sticking out a little and left eye squinted.

After watching for a minute Taeil decided to attempt to understand what the younger was trying to do. ¨What the heck are you doing there Jiho? You don’t have to practice surgery on it, just chop it.¨

¨I am.¨

¨No, that is not chopping.¨

¨I told you I can’t cook.¨

¨You aren’t cooking either, you are supposed to chop.¨

¨Stop distracting me or I’ll accidentally cut myself!¨

¨Alright.¨ The singer laughed and turned around to prepare the pork.

¨Ouch, damn it, see? I told you.¨ Jiho was bleeding from his index finger and pouted.

¨Let me see it.¨ 

Jiho intended to make fun of himself but it didn’t quite work as Taeil was looking at the wound with a concerned expression. 

¨Don’t worry, it’s only a scratch, I’m not a child.¨

¨You sure?¨ The small male laughed. ¨But you are as helpless and cute as one.¨ He continued laughing and went back to preparing the food.

¨Pfft, And that’s coming from you?¨

¨Excuse me?¨

¨Nothing, you are extremely manly and not cute at all.¨ 

¨That’s right. You better take care of the soup and the dishes, I’ll do the rest before you die on me.¨

¨Very nice of you.¨

 

-

 

The day was already coming to an end, there were only a few minutes left until midnight. After eating their self-made meal (mostly by Taeil though) they’ve been playing games all night and watching movies that neither of them really payed attention to. They were too busy talking about things that happened in the past, which was a lot considering they didn’t see each other very often lately. The bloody screams from the tv long forgotten.

¨It’s sad that we don’t have enough time to have days like this more often, I really miss these times.¨ Taeil sighed looking at the mess they created in the living room. ¨But we are always so busy and even if we do have free time the other one hardly ever does.¨

¨I agree, we really don’t need much to have fun either, we could just talk the entire time. We don’t even need girls, right?¨ Jiho giggled. ¨You know, we could do this next year again if we have time.¨

¨I just wanted to say ‚of course‘ but you can’t really say that. You could have a girlfriend by then.¨

¨No, that wont happen.¨ Jiho answered in a serious way.

¨What makes you so sure? If it’s about you being too busy, then you’re wrong. Even if you have no time, love is love, if you fall for someone, it doesn’t matter if you have time for it or not. And love doesn’t vanish just like that either.¨

¨Exactly, that’s why I’m so sure.¨

There was a heavy silence. It wasn’t unpleasant but it was unreadable. Taeil frowned.

¨I don’t understand. What do you mean by that?¨

Jiho didn’t know what to do. He said those words without thinking and a part of him believes that the singer might know about his feelings. But telling him would risk so much. What if he was rejected? What if Taeil hated him after a confession? What if it would never be like it was before? He couldn’t risk that. 

The rapper stood up from the couch, collecting and sorting out the trash from the ground.

¨Never mind, I was just talking nonsense.¨

He didn’t look at his fellow member. Hopefully he could get out of this without causing any damage.

¨That was really fun, we should definitely do this again when we have some free time. It’s late though, I should probably go home.¨ He faked a smile and walked towards the corridor. 

¨Wait, Jiho!¨ Taeil jumped up, ran over to his leader and grabbed the sleeve of his hoodie. He looked kind of panicked and desperate.

¨Don’t go yet… I-I don’t know¨ he stuttered. He took a deep breath- and a second one before he got out what he wanted to say.

¨What if I¨ another deep breath ¨What if I told you that I like you?¨

Taeil took a short look at the taller males eyes before looking down in fear on his own hand, which was still holding onto the sleeve.

Jiho couldn’t quite process what the older just said. ¨Say that again.¨

¨Huh?¨ Taeil raised his gaze.

¨Please say that again.¨

¨Uh, I… like you?¨

¨Again.¨

¨I like you.¨

¨Again!¨

¨I love you, Jiho!¨

And in this moment, just like before, they didn’t need words to communicate. As Jiho was bending down a bit and Taeil got onto his tiptoes, they leaned in to an open mouthed kiss. Jiho wrapped his arms around the smaller males waist to pull him even closer, while Taeils hands found hold in the rappers blonde hair. 

The kiss wasn’t timid at all, it was passionate and filled with need, they had to wait too long until this moment and it was a feeling like taking all heaviness and fear from their hearts, as they knew the other one felt the same.

They only broke off the kiss to take a short breath before they pressed their lips on each others again. Taeil gave Jihos hair a little tug which made the leader slightly moan into his hyungs mouth.

¨I love you too!¨ he murmured, making Taeil smile under the kiss in his breath taking way.

They got interrupted by the sudden sound of clattering keys.

They immediately jumped away a few feet from each other when the door opened and Kyung entered.

¨You guys¨ he whined ¨that girl was crazy I’m telling you¨ He closed the door with a slam. ¨I don’t even know how I got away.¨ Kyung started walking towards his room. ¨What a fail, I’m so drunk too. I can’t believe this, how come I’m always this unlucky?¨ He closed his door behind him but kept muttering about never finding the love of his life and to never go on a date with a crazy looking girl.

¨What the? what was that?…¨

¨Yeaah…I don’t know.¨

There was a short silence.

¨……Wanna play some Halo 3? I’m gonna beat your !¨ Taeil yelled, running to the tv soon followed by Jiho.

¨Like heck you will! No one beats me on Halo!¨

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Ayooo, how did you like it? I think the idea is cute, I'm not sure if I'm completely happy though :)

I hope you liked it, tell me what you think ^____^

and of course tell me your ideas for new stories!!