F:ie - Date & Upset

[AlphaBAT ONE SHOT Collections]

My boyfriend had changed.

 

 

 

I stare at Sanha as he smiled goofily down at his phone.

 

I frown.

 

 

 

I look down at my plate and continue eating, sometime purposefully letting my spoon clink onto the plate repetitively to grab my lovely boyfriend’s attention.

 

It is not working though.

 

 

 

I clear my throat and he finally snap out of his mobile phone.

 

But he asked me without looking, “hmm? Have you finished eating?”

 

 

 

I was just this close to gawk at him.

 

 

 

I know he’s not eating and he’s here just to accompany me.

 

But most importantly, we’re here for a date!

 

 

 

“No.” I said timidly but he did not catch my tone of voice and just nod his head curtly.

 

And continue to stare down at his phone.

 

I almost groan out loud.

 

 

 

I wish I could destroy that gadget.

 

Or maybe throw it far away.

 

Or I could just dung it onto the toilet.

 

 

 

After dinner, we go out for a walk.

 

 

 

Walking is always enjoyable to me, especially when you’re not in a rush.

 

Like you have all the time in the world.

 

 

 

I slip my hand to my boyfriend’s hand and he smile down to me, gently pulling me closer to him.

 

His warm body relaxed me.

 

He then kissed the side of my face.

 

 

 

Sanha loves to kiss the side of my face.

 

Sometime he would bite it playfully too when we’re alone.

 

 

 

I was just about to enjoy the date when suddenly Sanha’s phone goes off and he immediately slip his hand off mine.

 

To say I was not hurt was the most understatement of the year.

 

 

 

I cross my arms sulkily.

 

 

 

We then continue the date with window shopping.

 

 

 

To say the least, I was quite disappointed with my boyfriend. Every time I point out cute things to show to him, he didn’t look at it.

 

He didn’t even look at me!

 

 

 

It is to the point where I lost him to the crowds and finally saw him again about 10 minutes later. He didn’t even apologize and ask me where I’ve been.

 

 

 

I am furious.

 

 

 

When he sent me back home by his car, I didn’t even talk to him along the way.

 

 

 

When we arrived at my house, he was about to turn to me and kiss me good night (I know, because he always do that everytime we finish our date) but mad, I immediately get out of his car, slam the door and get into my house.

 

I didn’t bother him calling my name over and over again.

 

Serve him right!

 

 

 

When I reach my room, my phone ring and I immediately knows who it is from. I ran to my window since it overlook the driveway and immediately spot my boyfriend still outside of his car. One of his hands was holding his phone (which he was trying to reach me) and the other rest on the rooftop of his car.

 

 

 

He was looking at my room when I reach my window. He gave me a baffled look.

 

 

 

A baffled look, I shot a sarcastic chuckle at him and slide the curtains over.

 

 

 

When I’m on the shower, I still could hear my phone vibrating on the night stand (yes, I had switch it silent). It only stopped after I had finished showering and putting my embarrassing pajama on.

 

 

 

When I peek over, there were 9 miscalls and 27 messages from my boyfriend. Nice record!

 

 

 

The messages mostly consist of my names – yes, names, with an S – and questions asking me what’s wrong and a few command for me to call him back or reply to his texts.

 

 

 

As if!

 

 

 

At least, now I feel better. I’m not even mad anymore. I feel triumphant. Finally he realized how at fault he had been lately.

 

 

 

For years, I’ve known him and go out with him, this time we’re not even fighting for me to be so disappointed. We fight quite a lot but this is the first time I’m actually felt ignored during a date.

 

 

 

I mean, seriously, we have been not seeing each other frequently. And this is actually the first time I saw him after 3 weeks since he’s really busy with his career’s life and that is how he treat our date?

 

 

 

I am not even sure if the word missing actually existed inside him.

 

 

 

I’m not going to give up that easily this time. Whenever we fought, he always knows how to win me over and I was quite a er too actually. Everything he does always manage to melt my heart, but not this time! I’m determined!

 

 

 

With that in mind, I call it a day.

 

 

 

 The next day, I was enjoying my date with the television when I heard the doorbell resonant in my house.

 

 

 

I rush out the door and open it just to see my boyfriend, standing on the doorway, hands in his pockets, looking at me apologetically.

 

 

 

I immediately switch on my defense mode and cross my arms on my chest. With a gentle shake of my head, I slam the door close on his face.

 

 

 

About 20 minutes later, while I was still enjoying my date with the television, the doorbell resonant again. With a groan, I push myself up from the coach and open the door.

 

 

 

This time, a huge white fluffy teddy bear greet my view. My boyfriend poked his head out a minute later.

 

 

 

With a gentle shake of my head, I slam the door close again.

 

 

 

About 35 minutes after that, while I was about to cook for my breakfast, (yes, breakfast), the doorbell resonant in my house. I sigh but I still went to see it nevertheless.

 

 

 

And as I expected, my boyfriend stand on the doorway, but this time, with the previous teddy bear holding a box of pizza.

 

 

 

I slam the door but tempted, I open the door quickly, snatch the box of pizza away before my boyfriend could even react, I slam the door shut again.

 

 

 

After enjoying my pizza, I continue my date with the television before the doorbell resonant around the house once again.

 

 

 

I grunt but made no attempt to move or even stand up. The doorbell ring the second time and I still ignore it. I finally went to answer it when it rang the third time.

 

 

 

I open the door and the same teddy bear greet me but this time a cardboard was attach on its neck, ‘help!’ it said.

 

 

 

My boyfriend step aside from the teddy bear and the same cardboard attach on his neck, ‘I’m ownerless.’

 

 

 

I lean my side to the doorframe, cross my arms and smile at my boyfriend in amusement.

 

 

 

“Are you finally going to listen to me?” he asked softly.

 

 

 

“I’m trying. Depend. There’s a limit though.” I told him, playfully yet seriously.

 

 

 

“First,” he finally removed his left hand, which had been hiding behind his back all the time and give me a bouquet of red roses. I hesitantly received it, smell it and look at him in anticipation. “I’m sorry for last night. After doing a self-reflect, I finally realize my mistake. I’m sorry I ignore you. I’m sorry for paying too much attention to my phone. I’m sorry for not devoting myself into the date and most of all, I’m sorry I didn’t even show how much I miss you, how much I love you.”

 

 

 

I finally smile to him achingly.

 

 

 

This is why I love my boyfriend, whenever we fought or have misunderstandings, he always admit his fault after doing his own so called self-reflect and it amaze me how he always knows what to say to me for me to forgive him.

 

 

 

“I really love you and I’ve missed you so much I thought it’s been years. I’m really sorry about last night, so I had freed my schedule today just to spent it entirely with you to make up for last night. I hope you can forgive me and I’ll try my best to make you happy today. After all, my happiness is you.” He finally finished.

 

 

 

By the time, my eyes were already teary. “I hate you. I hate you for making me felt like this, like I had been in an emotional roller coaster.”

 

 

 

When a tear fell on my cheek, Sanha immediately place the teddy bear down and hug me. His hands soothe me while he whispers a set of ‘I’m sorry’ over and over again in my ear.

 

 

 

When I hug him back, he lean back and wipe my tears away. He stared at my eyes for a long time before I become embarrass and have to look away.

 

 

 

He laughed and kissed my tear away, “I love you, and I miss you.”

 

 

 

I smile tearfully, “I love you, and I miss you.”

 

 

 

With that said he brought my face closer and kissed me. His lips were so warm that I smiled in between the kiss. I could felt him smiling too after that.

 

 

 

When he smile, I bit his lower lip and back away laughing as he hiss and chuckle at the same time.

 

 

 

“I miss you.”

 

 

 

 

As promised, Sanha really spent the entire day with me, lying on the bed, watching the movies and just talk. My boyfriend would never change.