Chapter 01: Meeting You

'Cause They Could See Us

 

 

"There is a charm in the Forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable."

- Mark Twain

 

 

 

Kyuhyun stared at himself through the mirror.

He could do this. He could close this proposal; he has been doing this for the past few months now so why should he be nervous now? He sighed. Why not? This is just one of the biggest proposal he had ever handled and if he will be so lucky to finally put an end into it with their company gaining all the expected benefits and maybe even more, then he will be one of the most youngest and successful business man in the world.

And businessman from other companies will come begging for their attention which means, more good opportunities to come.

This is the start. He should do this right. There's no more room for mistakes now.

But as he stared at the nervous look which is evident on his eyes in his reflection in the mirror, he's starting to doubt his credibility to handle pressures like this.

He loosened his tie as anxiousness crept up his sleeves. 'Damn! Why am I feeling so nervous?' He asked himself.

Should he just cancel the meeting? 'Aah, damn it. No.'

He paced back and forth at one of the men's room in the grandest hotel in Seoul, South Korea where the most important meeting of his career will be held.

"Damn! I should have just given up this line of job if simple negotiations like this will turn me into a jell-o. And the most basic question is why?!" He shouted since he's a hundred percent sure that there's no one other than himself was occupying the room. "What's with those guys that makes you feel so intimidated, why are you so coward Cho Kyuhyun?!" He scolded himself because that's a fact. He has been through this so many times, has been in front of people in different clothes; representing different status. So why would he be so intimidated by those guys? "Damn it!" He shouted on the top of his lungs as he threw a punch mid-air.

He was on that position when some cluttered noise echoed in one of the cubicle near the end-wall of the room followed by a hissed. Immediately, his full attention was on the cubicles near the said part. He swears to God that no one was there when he came in since he had confirmed it by saying 'hello' and getting no response.

'What if it's one of the board members? Dang! Am I in trouble? Cho Kyuhyun you really are a dickhead!' He lowered his head so that he would get an access from below and see if there's someone inside the cubicles but there's nothing. No feet, no shoes but there is a 'aaahh..' there it is a mobile phone on the ground at the cubicle by the wall.

Slowly, a creamy-white hand reached for it and then a feet covered with high cut converse emerged from above. It is clear as a day that someone was already in the comfort room even before Kyuhyun entered and why he hid was still a mystery for him. Sensing that the perpetrator would finally come out of his hideout, Kyuhyun stood up from the ground and straighten himself up. His nervousness was already out of the window the second he saw the high cut converse since he knew that no board members will dress as inappropriately as that.

The door gave a little creaking sound as the guy behind it slowly pushed it open. Kyuhyun just stood by the lavatory with an amused expression.

Slowly, a mop of raven black hair and creamy white skin peeks through the small opening with an innocent expression painting on his face. The guy smiled at Kyuhyun before clearing his throat and fully opening the door and walking straight at the other sink - the one beside where Kyuhyun is. He put his bag and coat down before looking straight at Kyuhyun once again and all this time the latter only stared at him amusedly.

The guy was wearing a plain black t-shirt under a dark grey jacket and a rip-up, dark washed and fitted jeans, very infromal in contrary to what he is wearing. He might be the most beautiful guy Kyuhyun had ever saw in his entire life. The guy his lips which brought Kyuhyun's attention into it.

And then only one thought crossed his mind: he wanted to kiss the man.

"You know that I did not really mean to eavesdrop at what you have said awhile ago." He said through that husky voice of his which left Kyuhyun gawking at him.

'The only guy I met who has voice as soft as that.'

"I heard your call earlier but... but" He trailed off as he stopped moving his hands which moved in sync of his sentence. And then there is a sigh. "I don't know why I did not call back." He admitted.

This was the first time Kyuhyun saw someone spoke with so much movement, his facial expression agrees with what he was saying, his hands flew in different direction as he explains and god he might be the most beautiful stranger that Kyuhyun had ever seen.

"You might think that I'm meddling in your business but I'm telling you that I'm not. You should not feel offended because I did not really understand your words and I swear to God that I was covering my ears when you were speaking about your work. Ah, I didn't mean to know what your concerns were all about, I may have heard your words a little bit but don't worry I have already forgot most of it - ah! I mean all of it. So don't wo-"

"It's okay." Kyuhyun finally said. He doesn't really want to interrupt the guy since he was so adorable explaining things like that but it's obvious that sooner or later he might already dig a hole and permanently hide there.

A blush slowly crept up the guy's cheek and Kyuhyun knew that he was indeed, the most beautiful guy he had ever seen. His heart made those flipping thing and the butterflies in his stomach grew more visibly.

It took all his strength to restrain himself from jumping towards the stranger. He watched every movements the other made with amusement in his eyes. How could someone be this perfect? His heart keeps on thudding in his chest and he suddenly becomes aware that the other guy might hear it. Their proximity was enough to make Kyuhyun crave for more.

"I thought that you will be angered by my action." He, quietly this time, said.

Kyuhyun gave him an assurance smile before jumping a little to settle on the lavatory, his feet dangling in the process. "Well, I find it a little strange." Kyuhyun said. "Your hiding, I mean." Upon seeing his reaction of pout Kyuhyun gave off a little laugh. "Why did you hide?"

The other was about to speak but Kyuhyun cut him off at the last minute. "By the way, am I allowed to ask you of your name?" He said while watching the other intently.

This time, the stranger was the one who looked at him amusedly with smile playing along his lips. He tucked his hand in his jacket-pocket before leaning on the lavatory as well. "Jongwoon." He said in that husky voice of his. "It's Jongwoon, Kyuhyun."

He was not surprised anymore when the other guy spoke of his name almost naturally (well, he's really pissed off a while ago) but the way his said his name, it felt so right. Kyuhyun noted that no one has ever called him as softly as that, as perfectly as that, and as right as that.

"Jongwoon." Kyuhyun said and he didn't even know why but he just felt like it. And the said guy smiled even more.

"Yeah. And I was hiding since I've crashed a party not too long ago." He explained so shortly.

"Aah, I get it. And that's why you're hiding? Because the guards were after you?" Since this hotel was also an event hall, their security was upgraded since not too long ago, someone broke in and stole some of the guests' belongings. And now they have this guy; broke in on an exclusive party and still on the run.

He was so in on his thoughts that when a laughed echoed in the room his attention reverted back immediately at the guy leaning beside him. "Ahaha! Yeah, and they were so dumb cause they didn't even think of checking this way. I've been here for almost an hour now and no guards came barging in." He said in between laughs; his whole body shaking as he tried to cease his laughing but to no avail.

Without hearing any response, his laugh soon died down. But Kyuhyun won't have any of that and so without thinking - being known as a person who couldn't really hide whatever he is thinking - he voiced out his very thought at the moment. "Do that again."

Jongwoon looked at him questioningly. "Pardon?"

But before he could think of the meaning of his answer it slipped off from his mouth immediately. "Laugh. I... I like your laugh." He idiotically admitted.

Jongwoon blushed even more and shifted his eyes downwards, at the midnight black tiles. "I... ah." While Jongwoon was trying to form a comprehensible sentence, Kyuhyun moved slowly towards him; eyes never leaving his face as he inched closer. He placed his hands on top of the lavatory caging Jongwoon in the process.

The latter looked at him with wide eyes.

But even after a second they just both stood there, Jongwoon looking at his face and Kyuhyun looking at the other's lips. He could feel the raging butterflies in his belly and it was all intensified by the other's breathing. He wanted closer, it's like something is pulling him towards this guy. Like magnets, Kyuhyun keeps on inching forward to Jongwoon

Their face was so closed with one another that Kyuhyun could practically feel Jongwoon's breath softly brushing his face.

He's so handsome, chinky eyes that would get smaller whenever he smiled and his plump lips, god he could kiss them for as long as he wanted. Kyuhyun watched intently as Jongwoon's lashes brushed his cheeks ever so slightly.

How could a guy be this perfect?

"But you know," the beautiful lips moved so suddenly. He pulled his hands out of his pocket and settled on the button of his jacket. "I don't think you're a coward." Kyuhyun meets Jongwoon's eye as the latter slowly lifted his gaze and stared at him innocently with a sly smile forming on his lips.

"Then what do you think of me?" Kyuhyun asked as he even pressed himself at the slightly smaller male with a smile of his own. They were so closed that his lips almost touched Jongwoon's whenever he spoke.

Jongwoon let out a shaky breath first before answering. "I think you're anything but that." He said in a whisper.

Completely throwing his rational side, Kyuhyun occupied the small - smaller - distance in between them. The first touch was electrifying, it was all innocent and smooth, very pure. He could feel his body craving for more but his action was doing otherwise. With eyes closed, he pressed his lips into Jongwoon and in return got a taste of a bitter-sweet coffee blend in with a certain kind of chocolate. Jongwoon tasted so good.

He was the one who initiated the kiss and so he got what he expected. The smaller guy stood very still; lips remain unmoving. But what suprised Kyuhyun most was when he felt Jongwoon responding slowly into the kiss. And that after minutes of talking with a complete stranger; they both found themselves falling hopelessly in a whirlwind of emotions called love.

Jongwoon smiled against Kyuhyun's lips and the latter couldn't find it even more than hotter. "Definitely not a coward." He whispered.

As the kiss grew deeper, it didn't lose the flawlessness of it.

Kyuhyun knew it was wrong. He knew very well that it was wrong, his action, his thoughts and mostly, the way he is starting to feel towards this beautiful stranger but it was also wrong to deprived himself of what he wanted, to deny himself of someone as good as this that at some point in time, all those things weigh down all of the stuff that he should not be doing.

He knew that it was wrong but it was also wrong to avoid this.

They would once in a while break the kiss to breath in some air but they will still be too closed with one another that their lips were still slightly touching. They would smile and laugh a little; their eyes would never leave each other; noses were touching and hands intertwined.

It's like they both knew each other even before this.

"What are you doing to me?" Kyuhyun asked as he stared deeply into the other guy. He brought his hands up to Jongwoon's face and brushed his thumb on his cheeks.

If truth be told, he doesn't really know who this guy was. What his job is, what his address is, what is he doing there, why did he crash a party and many more. The only information that he knows about this beautiful stranger is his name. But no matter how hard he slapped those facts into his own face, he just really can't let this guy go.

"The same thing you are doing to me." Jongwoon whispered back.

Their lips were about to touch once more when the speaker just beside the men's room released a very startling noise. They both look up and suddenly Kyuhyun felt a small push from his chest and he looked down only to see Jongwoon's small hand placed on him.

"That's a sign." He said. "I have to go."

Upon being released from his possessive hold, Jongwoon quickly claimed his bag and coat before dashing out of the room. Without thinking twice, Kyuhyun run behind him with the intention of following him wherever he decided to go.

But before they could reach the handle of the door, it opened on its own that made Jongwoon jumped backward with pure shock on his face. Kyuhyun hurriedly jumped in front of the latter intending to protect him if ever their visitor is a guard but much to his expectation it was Kibum, his secretary.

"Sir Kyuhyun you are already needed in the hall." He said monotonously.

He nodded once and reclaimed Jongwoon's hand on his but the other just shooed his hand away. He looked back with questioning eyes. "Jongwoon..."

"No, Kyuhyun. You have to go and I have to escape." He said; cutting him in the process. "I have to leave now, they already called for backups. You as well, you should leave."

"Jongwoo-

"Sir Kyuhyun what I meant a while ago is that you are already needed in the hall now." Kibum said pointedly. God, this is what he hates the most about Kibum.

"I know where I should be Kibum and I - "

"Should be in the hall." He said; finishing his sentence.

"Aish, you insolent -"

"Kyuhyun!" Jongwoon hissed. "Don't treat him like that, he was just reminding you."

He can only sigh at that. "Okay, I'm sorry but - wait!"

But Kibum was already tugging him away towards the meeting room. He grabs hold of Jongwoon's hand tightly but the latter shook him off. They were now standing outside the comfort room and Jongwoon grew even more anxious.

"Sir, you really have to go."

Two guards came into view and Jongwoon started to pull his hand away from Kyuhyun who managed to lock his grip into his. "Kyuhyun."

"I know, I know." He said and hurriedly shook Kibum's grip off of his sleeves and made a quick dash towards the walking Jongwoon and kissing him directly on the lips. "Go downstairs then turn left. There's a fire exit there, you could use that as an escape route that will lead you to an alley. Then take it from there." He whispered after bringing his lips and pressing it against Jongwoon's ear.

Jongwoon looked up at him with hopeful eyes before nodding. "See you when I see you." He said. "It's really nice meeting you. I really hope that we see each other again sometime in  the future, Cho Kyuhyun." They stared at each other three seconds more before Jongwoon completely dashed off.

He was really reluctant to let the other go and if it wasn't for Kibum who was tugging him away towards the other side, he might have run off towards the direction the other took.

He watched the guy he met just minutes ago leave him behind with two guards on his tow. Uneasiness washed through him as realization hit him hard; they might not be able to see each other again.

And with that, Kyuhyun only wanted nothing anymore but to just run towards that same direction Jongwoon took.

But he didn't.

Because other than pure innocence, he saw something more in Jongwoon's eyes; he saw uncertainty. And Kyuhyun knew what it meant, as painful as it is, Kyuhyun knew that Jongwoon was still uncertain towards him and he have to accept that. He have to take that fact even if he's already certain that he had already fell in love with the guy he just met minutes ago.

At June 19 2013; 7:34 in the evening, Cho Kyuhyun fell in love with a guy he barely knew, with a guy that goes by the name of Jongwoon.

 

 


 

 

From the building across the street; men with hats on their head watched as Jongwoon emerged from an alley with quick steps. They stood by the edge of the rooftop which gives them a full view of what's happening from below.

"What happened?!" Roared by the first guy with streaks of red on his hair. His coat was hanging idly on his right arm even if the weather wasn't really good still, it never bothered him. Not even coldness could make him buckle. "That was not the plan!"

The other guy standing beside him took out a notebook and look intently in it. After a minute of silence he finally spoke directly to the first guy. "Everything that had happened a while ago was nothing but a coincidence, twenty minutes after Kim Jongwoon entered the cubicle a security guard should have entered and eight minutes prior to Cho Kyuhyun's action of entering the comfort room Jongwoon should have already been out of the building."

"Damn it." The first guy cursed loudly. "Jungsu will kill us."

"But Heechul, you know that 'coincidences' like this are out of our hands." The guy with the notebook on his left hand said matter-of-fact.

Heechul - the guy with the red streaks on his hair - snorted loudly. "Try telling that to Jungsu, you know how stubborn that guy could be." He then his left where the guy with blonde hair stood oh-so- quietly. "Yah Hyukjae." The guy in question turns to look directly at him. Really, being a team leader has its perks. "You'll be handling this case. Make sure that it will go as planned." He said in one breathing.

Hyukjae just nodded. Gush of winds whirled around the other two as grey wings emerged from Hyukjae's back.

"Let's move out."

With that said, both party parted with different matters to attend.

 

 


 

 

2 years later

 

“Kibum, I just arrived from New York and now you’re telling me that I have to take the train for now because you haven’t yet fixed the car?” He asked; annoyed.

For two years, Kyuhyun spent most of his time in his office in the State ever since his proposal got accepted. Many competitors and alliances were formed at the same time, many proposals came and most of it was good but not good enough for their company’s welfare. Meetings were held one after the other that he had barely half an hour to sleep or rest. He became the topic of many tabloids and newspapers for he was the youngest and most successful businessman in the country.

Cho Kyuhyun stood at the very top of the pyramid.

But despite his busy schedules and though in the middle of a very important meeting, he never once forgot the face of the stranger he met in one of the comfort room in Seoul.

He never forgot Jongwoon.

He didn’t even know why, for goodness sake he didn’t even know the family name of the guy but only his name. Kyuhyun thought that sooner or later he will forget that guy but what happened actually was the opposite. Jongwoon got jammed in his mind all this time.

He tried looking for Jongwoon but every time he would find something related or maybe a little bit closer to the guy, he would suddenly find himself in a dead end. Sometimes his schedule won't even allow him to get the chance of starting the search that's why even until now, he doesn't have any idea of where Jongwoon is.

Kyuhyun would sometimes think that maybe there's something blocking him to see Jongwoon.

"Yes, sir Kyuhyun. I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to inform the others that your arrival will happen a bit earlier than what was planned."

'Well, seems like I really don't have a choice anymore, do I?' He inwardly sigh and let out a disagreeing sound to point that he was not really impressed by Kibum's incompetency this past few days. "Just make sure that everything is ready by the time I got there in the office." He said dismissively.

"Yes sir." And then the line went dead.

He hurriedly made his way down the elevator and into the small coffee shop just by the next block from his building. Caffè latte is what he ordered because somehow it reminded him of someone.

'Where are you?'

Just by the thought of Jongwoon is enough to make the butterflies in his stomach to wreak havoc once again. He swears to god that once he saw the man, he will do anything to know him more. He made his way in the station and thanked God for having just a little amount of passengers since today is Saturday; no classes for those who are studying. He easily entered the supposed to be crowded train and walked in the aisle to look for any vacant seat.

There's none and so he settled on gripping the handle bars hanging above him. There're four stops before his and he was a hundred percent sure that someone from these people who are sitting will stood up to leave. He was on that position and submerged in that thought when a blonde guy that looks a bit older than him knocked on the door of the train from the outside.

He really looks like in great need to get in because he keeps on knocking and looking around inside the train; his hair is disheveled and it looks like he's out of breath. 'Must have been running to catch this train.'

There's no problem with all that since Kyuhyun had experienced it himself during his middle school days. The guy looks like a businessman so Kyuhyun at first thought of what could the business of the guy be but as he observed the man more intently, he noticed that the blonde head guy was looking at him worriedly.

'What the hell?' His forehead involuntarily creased as he tried to remember if ever he had already met the guy before.

The train started to moved but the guy is still there, still watching Kyuhyun with unfathomable eyes. It looks like he was saying something because his lips are moving but he can't really hear and understand because of the roaring noise of the train. Kyuhyun looked behind him but there's no one there so that confirms his suspicions that the guy is indeed staring at him.

'But why?' Kyuhyun thought. 

The train slowly moved forward but the guy is still there; shaking his head at Kyuhyun and until the last moment the blonde guy keeps on shaking his head.

'Weird. I'm completely aware of the people I'm associating with and I'm sure as hell that I have never met him before.'

He gripped tightly on the handle bars as the train quickened its pace and just like what he had predicted, minutes later, at the first stop someone from the left side of the aisle stood up and walk by the door while preparing to leave. Since Kyuhyun was the only one standing closer at the spot he immidiately occupy the vacant chair and sighed contently.

'Finally.'

He settled himself at the small space while balancing his coffee at his right hand and on the process of fixing his bag onto his lap he accidentally hit with his elbow the guy who was quietly sleeping beside him.

There was a grunt first before the guy slowly lifted his hand to take away the beanie which was covering his face from the blindingly bright lights of the train. And upon seeing and taking in the facial features of the guy, Kyuhyun felt his heart soar in the sky with pure happiness. He thought he will explode with excitement as their eyes met after two years.

With smile adoring his lips and innocence which never once left his eyes, Jongwoon was, once again, looking back at Kyuhyun with the same fervor if not much. The smaller guy smirked softly. "Hi, I can't believe I'm seeing the great Cho Kyuhyun in person."

And all this time Kyuhyun could only stare at him, complete focus on the guy next to him because finally, finally after years of searching who would have thought that they will 'accidentally' see each other for the second time in a train that he plans to never ride again?