Trust is forever dangerous

There's a Unicorn in My Back Garden (!)

"What do you think they're doing in there?"

"I really don't want to think about it Jongin," Sehun answers, shifting awkwardly while eyeing the floor and holding a deep frown.

"But-"

"Shut up Jongin!" Sehun spits, throwing his head up to eye Jongin.

He doesn't expect the face he see's.

It looks almost...guilty...

"Look, whatever they're doing, it's none of our business," Sehun explains, even though he can't exactly follow his own rules, because really he's dying to know what's happening, or even more, what happens afterwards.

And also when this Kris guy is going to leave...

"Well it is sorta..." Jongin looks down at his knee's, similar to how Sehun was doing it a few second ago, with the guilty look still plastered onto his face, before continuing, "You care about him...right?"

Sehun is surprised by the question. He hasn't exactly known Lay for years, but the way the unicorn is, it does draw you close to him awfully fast. It may just be because he's, well, unique, but Sehun thinks it's more. The way he's innocent, smiling and almost always happy, it's extremely difficult (and Sehun had defiantly tried, but deep in side he just wanted to hug the smaller) to scold him and get angry, at least not without thick trails of guilt pulling down your heart afterwards.

"A bit..." Sehun finally answers. A bit? Is that it? Sehun is slightly disappointed in himself for such a crap answer, however, he doesn't want to be too attatched to the male, he doesn't know why, but he feels like he should keep up his gaurd, especially if more incidents like Kris pop up. 

"Is that it?" Jongin suddenly sounds slightly angry, and when he looks up to face Sehun, the guilt is still there, it's just his voice that has changed slightly, a mix between anger and shock. 

How can he hear my thoughts? The idiot, I hope I'm not easy to read.

"Well yeah, I mean I haven't exactly known him for long, barely two days, it's not like we're best friends, I'm not planning on looking after him that long, he's just trouble..."

What am I doing? Am I putting up some sort of show to make Jongin think I'm tough? I care about Lay, of course I do...

A small flash of anger passes through Jongin's features, before he rubs at his template with his slim fingers and sighs, a face full of regret and sadness suddenly waving over him.

"This is all my fault..."

Sehun becomes very quickly confused, has he said the wrong thing? Yeah, like he cares...

Yeah...

He has the very strong urge to ask, 'what's your fault?' but holds it back. Just seeing the facial expression of sadness and regret is a good enough feast for Sehun, or at least, that's what he tells himself. Sehun doesn't know why he keeps telling himself he likes to see Jongin not being happy, sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. To be very honest, he prefers the sorry's and the help Jongin gives than seeing him in pain.

And finally the curiosity is too much.

"What's your fault?" 

Sehun intentionlly wants to sound strong and firm, but it comes out more as a hoarse croak.

Jongin stops trying to calm himself and removes his hand, eyeing Sehun before sighing once more and averting his eyes to anywhere but Sehun, which annoys the latter.

"Your attitude...you used to be so happy and nice when you were a little...I-" he stops himself and abruptly stands up, and to Sehun's surprise, he finds himself also standing.

Jongin was going to say something, what was it? Is he keeping a secret?

"I-it doesn't matter," Jongin stutters, much unlike himself, well, Jongin has been very unlike himself recently.

But this certain unlike-himself-moment cannot pass over Sehun's head.

"What doesn't matter?"

"Nothing, that's the point, can I go? I'm tired," Jongin explains quickly, turning as if to leave, but Sehun isn't having any of that.

"Not until you tell me what you were going to say, my house, my rules," Sehun reponds sharply, taking a step forward to the male.

"It doesn't work like that Sehun."

"Well it does with me, tell me," Sehun is wishing after every word the world would just swallow him up. He sounds horrible...like an old Jongin, but the desperation is eating away at him and he can't help any of it.

Jongin eyes him quickly with sharp eyes before his face softens and he takes steps towards the door, looking just as desperate to leave as Sehun is to know the answer of his even stranger behaviour.

Before he can go any further, Sehun rushes to the older and grabs the first thing he can get a hold of, which turns out to be the other's arm.

His pale, nimble fingers wrap around around Jongin's wrist firmly, the pale colour of his fingers looking white compared to his bronze coloured wrist. Jongin seems to be just as shocked as Sehun when suddenly being held back and snaps his head around to look at Sehun.

"You..." Sehun changes tone completely, "...you can tell me...I won't get angry, I promise."

Jongin looks at him with doubt, but Sehun isn't surprised, he just really, really needs to know.

"I choose not to believe you."

"I chose to trust you...so you should trust me," Sehun counter-attacks.

They stare at each over's round and curious eyes for a few moments, as if battleing a silent argument, until finally Jongin relaxes, however Sehun keeps a girm grip on his wrist.

"I was jealous, okay?"

"Of what?"

"When we were little..."

Sehun let's the thought settle for a moment, before he snaps his hand off of the older's wrist and backs away slightly.

"You were jealous of me? Jongin, my parents died around the time you started bullying me, I felt like and I was only six years old! I'm sure I should be grateful I had an older brother and grandparents to look after me, but you were not helping, so don't you tell me that you were jelous of my life, because in all honesty I wouldn't have hesitated the slightest into trading it with yours!"

Sehun doesn't raise his voice too loud, mainly because he doesn't have the strength and mainly because he doesn't want to startle Lay and whatever the hell he's doing.

Jongin doesn't seem that shocked surprsingly, he just stares at Sehun with tired looking eyes.

"I know...and I'm sorry...and I know nothing can erase what I did but Se-"

"No, you don't know! I'm fed up of your stuck-up attitude, you haven't changed one bit!-"

And then all of a sudden Jongin comes forward and grabs Sehun's shoulders and everything just slows down because...

Jongin is touching Sehun.

Sehun is terrified and stops speaking immediatley.

"I have changed Sehun, I'm trying to prove it to you," there's a flicker of determination in his eyes as he continues to speak, "When I was young my mother had alchohol problems and my dad was abusive, so I know it's a pretty lame- excuse but that most probably influenced me. But they're gone now and I'm here and I want to get close to you but you won't let me...please, I'm really, really sorry for hurting you and being cruel to you and giving you that letter and I promise I'll stay with you and help you whenever you need me if it means you can forgive me...Sehun what I did to you has been one of the biggest regrets of my life, and until we can become friends I don't think I'll ever be really happy again," Jongin stops, peering deep into Sehun's wide eyes.

Sehun doesn't know what to do or what to say.

He's right, blaming his actions on himself is pretty lame, and for all Sehun knows, he could be lying.

But then, up to this point Jongin has been very...nice, and his facial expression shows nothing but truth.

Sehun doesn't know if he's going into the right direction, but he decides that whatever direction he goes towards anyway, he has nothing truly to lose.


 "You look after yourself okay?"

"Hm..."

"Lay are you even listening to me?!"

"Hm?"

Lay turns his droopy eyes up towards Kris' direction, and as he does so the tall man's features soften and a smile crawls along his lips.

"Are you okay Lay?" Jongin asks, stepping forward and laying a shoulder on the smaller man's frame, causing the unicorn to slowly sink down as if Jongin has just placed a huge weight on his shoulder, and so he let's go with concerned eyes.

"It's just a side effect, it will wear off by tomorrow," Kris explains, before swooping down and planting a kiss on Lay's cheek, making Sehun and Jongin grow uncomfortable by around 50%.

The kiss almost makes Lay fall back like being hit by a bullet, but he regains himself and gives a hazy nod, before the three watch as the dragon disappears into the back garden, and Sehun covers his eyes to not hurt the from the blinding light.

It's gone quickly and he turns to Jongin, who shrugs and then turns his eyes on Lay, who looks like he's about to collapse at any moment.

Sehun walks forward and just as he's about to ask Lay if he can walk, the male falls back and, luckily, into Sehun's arms.

"Are you tired?" Sehun asks in a laugh, slightly strained as Lay is smaller but that doesn't mean he's not heavy.

"Keeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy," he lets out in a low moan, and Sehun has no idea what the unicorn is talking about.

Key? What? Is that a person in Maolotma? Or is it a thing? Is it Kris related...?

"Oh -"

"Please refrain from using that language in front of Lay," Sehun scolds.

"Sorry, but 'Key to your lock', it starts now," Jongin explains quickly.

"!"

"Please refrai-"

"I know, I know! Quick, help me carry his body, otherwise we'll never hear the end of this," Sehun groans, and Lay does also as Jongin bends down to grab his feet, and the two quickly rush the unicorn into the living room, settling him down on the sofa and Jongin rushes over to the remote, turning the TV on then scurrying through channels before he lands on the correct one.

We've only missed two minutes, thank god.

Sehun lets out a breath of relief and Jongin walks over to the other sofa, falling into it and letting his eyes close gently.

Only then does Sehun realise that in fact, it it getting quite late, and the two must be very tired, and before he knows it, he finds himself slipping onto the sofa next to Jongin and letting sleep carry him into a dreamland full of unicorns and pretty rainbows. 


 

Sorry this isn't proof-read, I'll go through it when I get back from school ^.^

Lol I decided to do this over homework XD (don't worry it's for wednesday) 

Wuv you~