Not gonna strip

There's a Unicorn in My Back Garden (!)

Sehun settles himself down, opposite Lay who takes pride on lying on the sofa as if he owns it, but Sehun isn't annoyed because he gathers that Lay has probably never sat on such a thing before. There are two cups on the table that seperates them, one cup filled with the contents of coffee while the other is full with only plain water, as Sehun had decided not to give the unicorn coffee in case it would harm him in some way.

The male can't believe he is actually doing this, having coffee while talking to a unicorn, however he takes the cup and waits for Lay to adjust to the sofa, and feels himself leaning forward ever so slightly, ears perking at the story Lay is about to tell.

"So," he grabs a cushion, nominating it as his own and dominating it into his possession as if it has suddenly become his new friend, and hugs it tightly as he begins, "I already told you, didn't I? Where I come from?"

Sehun scans through his memory, going back to Lay standing at the back of the back garden in the , while bowing and greeting himself and saying, 'I come from..."Malotma, or something..." Sehun isn't positive but Lay crosses his legs on the beige comfort zone and nods with a large grin, and continues, "Well it's not exactly a huge planet, but it has been around for a long time, longer than yours anyway, I know that," Sehun doesn't know why, but he feels offended in a way (?), anyway, "Because it is a small planet, unlike your world which is divided into 'countries', ours is divided into two parts, my half which is Sezhang, and the other is Wulix. Sezhang is full of unicorns and is ruled by rulers King Seb and Queen Marl, see you weren't the first ones who thought of the ideas of Kings and Queens, anyway, they are my..."

Sehun sort of guesses what Lay is going to say next as he drifts off and squeezes the cushion that is already being crushed between his arms. Sehun almost chokes on his coffee and settles it back down on the table before he finishes off the sentance for Lay, who takes his time in keeping the silence hanging, "They're your parents, aren't they?" Mouth gaping open even wider than he thought possible as Lay nods.

Sehun.Is.Talking.To.A.Unicorn.Prince.

But...no, just, no.

"So you're a prince?"

Lay nods.

"Of...Sechang?"

"Sezhang."

"Yeah, that place."

Lay nods once more, and Sehun can't believe this and speaks up more, with a slight took back and annoyed tone, "And you didn't think to tell me?" Lay hesitates and even loosens his tense arms around the cushion, and hangs his head slightly as he explains, "Well it took me a long time to get me to get you to believe I was a unicorn in the first place, I didn't want to disrupt our trust..." Sehun wants to laugh out loud at how innocent he sounds, but can see why he would think that, since Sehun was suggesting taking him to a mental instatute only half an hour or so ago. But now that Sehun is starting to believe the Lay, he wants to know everything in order to gain better 'trust', and so finds himself asking, "Well, is there any thing else you think I need to know?"

Lay repeats shuffling around uncomfortably before letting out in a quiet mewl, "I'm the heir to the throne..."

Sehun isn't even surprised anymore, of course he is, of course he's the heir to the frickin' throne, why the hell not? And so instead sighs and leaves a blank expression for Lay to study for a few minutes, then takes his coffee in his hands, still warm, and sips on it gently, watching and observing Lay carefully wrapping his own fingers around the glass with clear water, swishes it around then gulps it all down in one go. The male opposite watches in dismay as he drinks it down and then places the cup back on the table, noticing Sehun staring at him, he looks back up and smiles innocently.

Whatever you do, don't give Lay alchohol.

"You move pretty comfortably in a human body for a unicorn," Sehun states, feeling like he had drunk too much coffee after watching Lay throw an entire glass of water down his throat and sets it back down. 

"I have been in a human body twice before, the first time was just for a test, and the second time was for an entire day where I tried to hide from this guy I hate, and I got to practice moving my fingers and legs and even toes," he lifts up a foot and wiggles his toes, smiling in admiration, "See," and crosses his legs once more, and continues, "But both times I had a different body," he overlooks his body with a dimpled smile, saying, "This one is by far my favourite."

Sehun listens, but he is far more interested in who the guy who Lay hates is. So far, Lay is about the most innocent (and kinda cute) thing Sehun has ever seen that isn't standing around his knees, and so he can never imagine Lay actually hating someone, and so quite intrigued he asks, totally pushing aside Lay's toes, "Who's the guy you hate?"

Lay tenses up, in a different way from when Sehun had mentioned his parents, and explains in less of a quiet tone but more of a...low tone, "He's the heir of the King and Queen of Wulix...Wu Kris...he's my...b-betrothal..." he stutters but also sighs the word, and once again Sehun doesn't know whether to be surprised or not. Sehun doesn't say anything though, obviously it seems to be normal to marry another man royally, and Sehun has nothing against homouals, but Lay speaks about him as if he's a curse laid upon him (Sehun wouldn't be surprised if Lay knows how to lay curses on people). But Sehun doesn't say anything and waits for Lay to continue, said man looks a bit shocked that Sehun is now numb from reaction, and so speaks, "As there is unicorns in Sezhang, there are dragons in Wulix...and for the first time ever, my parents want to try and create a half-hybrid if me and Kris...have a child together," he obviously seems uncomfortable, and Sehun suddenly feels a bit regretful for mentioning it, but Lay continues nevertheless, "It's not that I want to break the tradition of myself marrying a unicorn and Kris marrying a dragon, but I just don't like him like that...I don't love him, although I've never been in love before, I know I don't love him, not now anyway, but my parents are rushing me to marry him and have a child with him now, and right now I want to be free and do what I want, but they don't care about that. The annoying thing is, is that I think Kris loves me, as in properly loves me, and he's nice and all, not much fun, but I don't love him back anyhow...if my parents weren't so ristricting and maybe let me get to know him more, then I might've stayed, but I couldn't handle it all and I...ran away," he sighs, burying his face into the depth and plushness of the cushion, but Sehun feels himself smiling, because he all of a sudden misses Lay's smile.

"I gathered that," he says and it makes lay lift his head up with wide eyes, and Sehun continues, finishing off his coffee and standing up.

"I'll let you stay, however no more secrets, okay? And if I find a planet of unicorns and dragons on my doorstep, I will make you into a unicorn sandwich," Sehun hisses, and then lightly laughs as Lay shows a face of geniuine fear, and gestures for him to pick his empty glass cup up and follow him into the kitchen.


"So I'm guessing with the way you said field before as the garden, you have really big gardens?" Sehun asks as he sorts through his wardobe in order to pick stuff for Lay, that is until they are able to buy the male some proper clothes. Lay has took hostage of the bed and lies on it, letting the clothes Sehun throws for the selection pile for him on his stomach. He answers, "Yeah, well I guess in your state of mind anyway, but the palace garden where I live is huge compared to your little square of grass..."

"Hey! I worked very hard on making that garden nice," Sehun says, finding a small plain white vest top that he is sure doesn't fit him anymore and flings it over his shoulder before continuing to dig through the contents, and Lay pipes up in the background, "I'm very good at gardening, if you want maybe one day I could make it look even nicer," he sounds excited and it reminds Sehun of a little kid, making him giggle under his breath, but then coughs it through. And then something that seems 'unimportant' compared to Lay's appearence, suddenly enters his mind, and he decides to talk about it, "I've just remembered, tonight I have work Lay,can I trust you to stay in this house and not break anything or do anything stupid?"

"Yep."

"And that means no magic using, no eating anything except the things I'll leave out for you, no smashing the TV, no breaking any beds from bouncing on them-"

"What abou-"

"And no gardening, I am not having you dig up the entire garden."

Lay lets out a whiny 'aw' and Sehun finds a nice pair of short, blue jeans and chuckles, remembering wearing the trousers at his brother's wedding after party, but already had they shrunk in the wash, and so he chucks them over, only to be shocked as he hears Lay yelp in pain and sits up on the bed. From pure instinct Sehun turns around to see him clutching at his forehead and pointing to the culprit; the jeans.

"There's something hard in them and it hit me on the head," he whines.

"Can't you just heal it?" Sehun scoffs, making his way over to the jeans, but Lay shakes his sore head and explains, "I can only heal injuries with pain, not just pain on it's own," Sehun nods without much care and reaches for the jeans, pulling them off the bed and indeed, there is a clanking noise that rings in Sehun's ear and he tries to guess what the mysterious noise can be. When he reaches into the pocket, it's empty, so he tries the other, and finds something, pulling it out and revealing the black string of a necklace, and then as he continues to pull it out, right on the end, is a unicorn pendant. 

"You really are a fan, aren't you?" Lay laughs, but Sehun grimaces when he sees the necklace and pulls it out of the pocket fully and passes it to Lay.

"Here, you have it," he says with slight disgust, but Lay obviously can't see the disgust and takes it with pride, slipping it over his head and hanging it around his neck.


Sehun feels extremely nervous as he cleans glass bottles at the bar of The Star. The only thing he can think about is Lay, and the necklace. Lay, well, naturally he will worry about Lay now; is trusting him in his house really a good idea? And the necklace, he's happy that Lay can wear it with no burdan, unlike Sehun.

A long time ago...a certain person had given him that necklace, it was a joke, and it had came with a cruel note that he had cried and stomped on it before throwing it away. But the necklace was beautiful, and so he kept it, but every time he looked at it he had mixed feeling. He would look at the neckalce and be reminded of him, then he would look at it and remember how foolish he was to believe in unicorns when he was younger, then he would be reminded of bullying, then how beautiful it was crafted, and now when it hangs around Lay's neck, all he'll think about is Lay, which is good, kind of strange, but at the same time good.

"I think that that glass is pretty clean now Sehun," the male who was so distracted with thinking stops for a moment as a voice enters his head and he flicks open his eyes quickly to see a friend, known as Minseok, leaning on the bar right in front of him. Sehun is slightly shocked and takes a step back, which makes a smile crawl across Minseok's lips. Minseok is in charge of the club Lady Luck, although he denies he has ever actually been in a 'performance' there, the way he acts says quite the opposite. 

"Oh, sorry Minseok hyung, we're locking up now," Sehun explains, returning the glass on on the stack of other transparent containers. Minseok laughs gently and shakes his dark hair out of his face, "I know that, I finished my drink a few minutes ago actually. I was talking to Junmyeon and he was saying 'go wake that lazy will you?' so I've come just to do that, and damn, you do look tired," he states, as Sehun reaches under the bar to grab his things, which he likes to keep underneath the counter table for easy access of leaving.

"I've been...pretty busy," he explains as he grabs his rucksack which is near his feet, swinging it over his shoulder and leaning right opposite Minseok, noses only a few inches away, and the latter seems strangely happy at the idea that Sehun is closer, showing off a flirtatious smile. This makes Sehun back off, casually as not to make the other think any weird thoughts and instead leans against the wall behind.

"Yeah, I've been pretty busy too," Minseok sighs and looks to the glass door at the entrance of The Star, explaining in a slightly exasperated and annoyed voice, but still keeping his cool like always, "This idiot started a fight in my club, and all he was doing was waiting in the line, he caused me to loose a lot of customers, the bastard, and then ran off. They other guys ran off after him, and I would've been concerned but the way he was acting he deserves whatever he gets," Minseok mumbles at the end and turns his head back to Sehun, who rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. He hates people like that too and shakes his head, "You reap what you sew."

"Exactly," Minseok agrees, whilst adding a nod of his head.

"Well, I have to go," Sehun brings himself off the wall and slips out from behind the counter, heading to the door.

"Got a girlfriend yet?!" He pauses by the door at the sudden question and turns around to look at Minseok, who's mischevious grin only widens at Sehun's questioning looks, and continues, "You look like you have, all day dreamy and in a rush."

"Not gonna strip hyung," Sehun laughs and turns back to open the door, leaving The Star with Minseok still leaning on the bar. He remembers the time when he first moved and worked at The Star, and Minseok would always come and say, 'Gonna strip?' and Sehun would always reply, 'Not gonna strip hyung'. Because for some reason, Sehun seemed to be perfect material for Minseok's Lady Luck.

"What, I never asked you to!" Sehun can hear minseok shout out after him, but ignores it with a smile, and takes his path back to his house with the unicorn hidden inside.


Sehun is relieved to finally be home, no unicorns or dragons his doorstep and the bungalow itself looking unharmed (from the outside anyway, who knows what Lay could've done to the inside) and although it's his home, he hesitantly enters.

The first step in and nothing happens, in fact everything looks perfect and normal. Sehun doesn't know whether he should be scared or pleased at the perfect silence that currently runs along the bungalow, that is until he hears talking, it's Lay voice, but it's as if he's talking to someone.

Sehun heaves his backpack over his right shoulder and grips on the single strap tightly as he ventures into his home like one does into an enemies terrain. He hears Lay again; a light chuckle, and the words, and hides beside the open door to the small living room.

"Of course I am, I can only sleep with my betrothal."

What? Sehun is slightly scared at what Lay is talking about, and tries to listen more carefully. A slightly rough, but tired and soft at the same time voice speaks.

"Is he hot?" It's a low voice, around the same as Sehun's but softer.

"Uh, well he's a dragon, so I guess so," of course Lay would answer like, he's Lay after all, and Sehun hears as the other male laughs.

The thing that worries Sehun the most is that Lay has let in a frickin' stranger into the house, and now he was asking personal questions. Even if his laugh did seem friendly, this is a stranger who sounds like he has more potential of hurting someone that Lay ever had when Sehun first met him.

Sehun let's out a silent sigh inside and then steps forward so that he is in clear view from inside the living room through the doorway, and acts casual like he had only just stepped forward and into the line of sight from the two. But as he turns to look, he feels his tongue in his throat and his eyes widen as he see's something that he really doesn't expect to see, and not only that, of course Lay being Lay, is oblivious to what is happening.

There is a stranger, clothes stained slightly with blood here and there and ripped, but no scars or wounds are on his skin and so Sehun guesses that Lay has healed him, is on top of Lay, looking down at him like an animal does with prey and pinning him down, yet Lay is smiling that sweet smile of his like he's playing with a goddamn kitten.

The stranger is on top of lay on the sofa, the top of his head facing Sehun, and so when he snaps his head up, Sehun can see the face of the sranger, and suddenly regrets absolutely everything. Lay leans his head back over the arm of the chair so he has an upside view of Sehun and his hair dangles off his face, smiling but then quickly turning it into a pout, explaining, "Sorry Sehun, but I saw this guy topple over outside the house so I went outside and I healed him and I helped him. He's okay, I promise, his name is Kim Jongin!" He says it like it's a good thing, but all Sehun can do is stare at the face of the man on top of Lay with wide eyes, while him himself looks also quite shocked.

Kim Jongin.

Of all the people Lay had to rescue, it had to be, Kim Jongin.