The bully, the unicorn, and the one who has to put up with the both

There's a Unicorn in My Back Garden (!)

 

Sehun helps the limping 'comrade' back to his bungalow, the silence both awkward yet deeply satisfying, as Sehun has absolutely nothing nice he wants to say to Jongin. They could reminisce on memories?;

'Hey Jongin, remember that time when you poured chili sauce in my drink when I wasn't looking?'

'Oh hey Jongin, do you remember that time when you forced me to two spoon full's of wasabi for a dare so I wouldn't look weak?'

'Jongin I just remembered, you know that time when you made Chanyeol pick me up and run me around the school field then dumped me into the nearest puddle? You do? Oh well it totally made me practically depressed for the rest of the day!'

Yeah, none of them really work out well as he replays them in his head. Sehun holds his breath as he finally does steal a glance towards the other being who has an arm wrapped behind his neck and clings onto his shoulder for dear life. Because he's limping, not only does he look smaller but he feels weaker, and Sehun mentally scolds himself for suggesting more than once in his head to take advantage. They were roughly the same height now, from what he could tell when Jongin stood up and left, and to be honest Sehun wasn't surprised at all that he had noticed his enemy so quickly because he looked practically the same, except annoyingly, more like the type who would pick up two girls per day. 

The two continue their tiring journey all the way up until they arrive at Sehun's home, and said male suddenly becomes very nervous. He's letting Kim-frickin'-Jongin into his house, and even at this time he's regretting it, but it's as if his body is moving on its own, his overly kind and stupid body.

Wait, what?

Now Sehun has no idea what he's saying, he's sure his mind isn't listening to him either and is laying one pathetic excuse over another constantly inside his mind, but in the end, the result is still him struggling back into his house (the door isn't locked which Sehun shouldn't have left with Lay inside) with Jongin draped over his shoulder. Finally he ends up in his house, shutting the door and calling loudly, "Lay! Are you okay?!" For some reason he feels extremely protective, even though the only person he knows of doing anything relatively bad to Lay is in his arms, there is a list of things Lay could've done in the time Sehun was gone, from breaking the microwave to setting the whole kitchen on fire, but as he moves his way towards the kitchen he sees lay staring at a plastic container full of pasta.

Can unicorns eat pasta?

Sehun scolds himself in the head for worrying over Lay like a little kid, and anyway, it's a vegetarian meal (even though Sehun isn't a vegetarian, oh god how is he going to explain the food chain to Lay?).

As soon as the unicorn senses Sehun's presence, he whips around from his leaning position and wears a shocked expression at the sight of Jongin.

"I thought you said he was a bad guy..."

Jongin snickers at Lay's words and Sehun pushes the arm behind his neck away, knowing Jongin is perfectly capable of standing on his own.

"Yeah, well, Sehun is an idiot," he eyes Jongin before making his way to the pasta, reaching out for two bowls on the side, and even though there is a third stacked up as well, he doesn't know what to feed Jongin.

"Uh..." the pasta is only enough for two and Sehun has nothing else, but then interrupting him from his thinking, a voice chirps up in the background, "It's okay, I ate before going out."

Sehun is almost tempted to ask 'are you sure?', but in the end shrugs and nods his head, relieved from the hassle. "Okay, but don't complain to me if you're hungry."

Jongin snickers, "Now why would I do that?'

'Because you're a prick', Sehun shrugs, pouring in the contents of the pasta, splitting it up equally from guess into each bowl and then pulling out the drawer next to him to reveal polished cutlery, and pulls out two forks, throwing them without much effort into the bowls and passing one to Lay who still remains standing quietly next to him.

"Thank you," he mumbles, then turns as if to leave but stops abruptly as if to remember Jongin is there and doesn't want to go near the male. Sehun picks up his own bowl of food and walks right past Jongin without a problem, calling for the other two to follow. Sehun tries to act confidently, especially in front of Lay, however he knows he deep down inside that he can still remember the pain Jongin and his friends had conflicted on him, and how he was rushed to hospital after a younger year had found him in the alleyway and his brother was there when his stitches were pulled out a few days later and...it was a mess; a mess made by Jongin.

Sehun places himself down on a comfy sofa in his living room, and while Lay sits next to him and starts to ravish at the food, Jongin stands awkwardly by the door.

"You've already made yourself at home, might as well sit down," Sehun mumbles, before digging in to his food,as Jongin shuffles over to the single sofa opposite. Everyone is quiet while Lay and Sehun eat and Jongin just looks down at his feet as if ashamed, but Sehun doesn't understand; one moment he's cocky and he next he's acting like a five year old who's just been scolded. 

Finally Sehun finishes and places the now empty bowl on the coffee table and glances a sharp look over at Jongin, who quickly raises his head to meet the glare. Sehun can hear Lay who stops stuffing his mouth for a few second in the pure tenseness that enters the room before continuing to demolish the contents of the bowl. 

"You're not staying here forever."

"I understand."

"Only until you have somewhere to stay."

"I understand."

"Until then I have some rules."

This time Jongin just nods and Sehun really, really wants to punch him in the face. The latter crosses his legs on the sofa and thinks before laying out the 'rules', "Number one; you sleep down here, no entering my or Lay's rooms. Two; no sneaking into the kitchen and stealing food, I'll feed you so there's no point anyway, and if I do find out your stealing, anything in fact, then you're out immediately. Three; no touching Lay inappropriately," Lay perks his head up at the mention of his name and Sehun turns to look at him. So innocent and yet at the same time such an idiot.

Sehun continues, surprisingly with Jongin listening carefully, "Four; do anything rash and you're out. Five; no bringing girls, or men, into the house, if you're frustrated then you'll just have to deal with it. Six; if you can't find a place in the next week or two then you're gonna have to find a job because I can't support three men in the house including myself alone, and Lay can't work...well," Sehun glances at the unicorn who just finished his food and winces, images playing in his head and he turns back to Jongin, shaking his head and finishing his sentence, "No, not for a long time anyway. Anyway, are you okay with these rules?"

Jongin shrugs. "Not like I have any choice."

"That's exactly the answer I wanted," Sehun says as he pulls himself off the sofa and turns back to Lay, then to the small TV and reaches out for the remote on the coffee table. He switches the device on and quickly a drama is displayed, a young man is running in the rain and it all looks very dramatic but Sehun isn't the slightest bit interested at the moment, passing the remote to Lay and explaining how to change between channels and such before picking up the two bowls and offering one to Jongin, who stands up and takes the bowl, and the two leave the living room and Lay who watches the drama with much fascination.

Sehun leads the tanned man into kitchen and starts running the tap in the sink, letting it fill up so he can complete the simple task and leaves Jongin with drying duties.

The two say nothing as they work, silence being the only thing and Lay in the background with the occasional, 'oooh' and 'what?!'. That is, until Jongin speaks up, "Why are you doing this?" As he dries a fork and waits for the second blue bowl.

Sehun chuckles under his breath and passes the bowl, while Jongin awaits for a proper answer other than Sehun chuckling and laughing at the comment as if he's heard something amusing. Finally the younger responds, "Because I'm too nice for my own goddamn good."

Sehun listens to Jongin who chuckles annoyingly before he passes the last bowl and the other male dries it with a smile on his face. What is Sehun now, an entertainer? His own smile seems to have been passed onto Jongin as he himself is now looking at the latter with a frown, and starts to explain as he drains the sink out, "I'm serious Jongin, I'm not going to love you or respect you like the king or anything, this is my home, and I just helped you like I would with any other human."

Jongin chuckles once more as Sehun puts everything away once Jongin is done drying and leans against the edge of the kitchen desktop to look at the latter with sharp eyes. You can tell from first glance that Sehun isn't impressed at all by Jongin's amused little laugh, and as if trying to explain himself he also leans against the marble.

"Why would you think I'd want you to love me and respect me like a king?"

"Well why on earth do you think?" Sehun retorts, and suddenly Jongin's face becomes cold, along with the air around them which becomes tense. Jongin seems to suddenly have something against Sehun's face as he looks anywhere but said males facial features, and once he is thoroughly inspecting the floor he murmurs, "I know I was a bit of a to you when we were younger..."

"A bit? You sent me to hospital Jongin! I had a scar on my forehead for life! Along with in my mind, you have no idea what you did to me," Sehun hisses and waits for Jongin to say something, anything, just to make Sehun feel like he's done the right decision.

"What happened to your scar?" Jongin asks, still not looking up, and Sehun is a little bit annoyed that he changes the subject and still doesn't look him in the eye, but he answers un-enthusiastically anyhow, "Lay healed it."

Finally, just as Sehun turns his eye of line somewhere else, Jongin raises his head to look at him, and when the blond male turns his head back to face him, their eyes lock on to each over.

"I'm sorry," the thing Sehun has been waiting for for over thirteen years spouts out of Jongin's mouth, but it isn't as awarding as Sehun had dreamed it to be, and shrugs it off.

"I'll think about accepting your apology."


It's morning and Sehun is almost, almost believing that today will be another normal weekend day, going out and buying a small list of shopping supplies then heading back home to watch useless channels he doesn't even care about anyway.

But then he remembers there's both a unicorn in his house and an old bully he hates in the same home, and he groans internally.

Not only that, but as he rolls over to check his alarm, he sees the time.

Just turning one.

Quickly he leaps out of bed, because the small shop around the corner where he normally gets his food and supplies shuts early on a Saturday, and he needs at least two hours to get himself (and Lay and Jongin, as if he wasn't stressed enough) ready and out the door. Normally Sehun wakes quite early and is surprised that he's let himself sleep in for so long, stripping himself of warmth and jumping out of bed. Without hesitation he runs into Lay's room and approaches the unicorn, grabbing his shoulder and shaking it like there's no tomorrow.

Weirdly enough Lay starts muttering in another form of language (then Sehun remembers that Lay is in fact, an alien, and has his own language most probably) until finally his eyes shoot open and he rolls over to look at the just-woken-up Sehun.

"Sehun-ah, what's wrong?! Is the house on fire?! Is it the TV?! Or the magical bo-"

"Just get changed and then brush your teeth, you know how to do that right?"

"I know how to get changed...what's brush teeth?"

Sehun groans and stands up to his full height, explaining grimly, "Just get changed and then I'll show you, I'm gonna go get Jongin, okay?"

Lay nods and Sehun is already rushing out the room and down the hallway to the living room. Once he arrives at said destination, he's met with an already woken Jongin, watching the TV as if he's been living there his entire life.

"Jongin...you're, uh," Sehun rubs the back of his neck uncomfortably as Jongin suddenly turns around to look Sehun up and down, obviously holding back a chuckle at Sehun's just-awoken appearance (pajamas's that are too small, bags under the eyes, droopy eyes as well as that and very bad bed hair) and Sehun feels a growing heat under his skin with the fact that Jongin is basically except from a pair of tight boxers, only then remembering that he hadn't offered any clothing let alone sleep wear to the male before he went to bed last night.

Why am I growing hot? Yeah Jongin is good looking but he's a dickhead...and a male! Remember Sehun-ah, you like women. You know, the little devils at high school, yeah, you like those things.

Sehun sighs; he's hardly had a proper conversation with a woman since High School, and even then, they were usually giving Sehun some sort of sharp remark.

"You're awake," Sehun finally finishes, even laughing nervously and making himself look even more stupid than he had already painted himself as. Jongin finally releases out a chuckle and nods...it's not a smirk, Jongin isn't smirking, why isn't he smirking?!

"Yeah, I noticed," he laughs, but Sehun suddenly remembers that there is no room to appreciate Jongin's sudden burst of...normality.

"Okay, um, have you had breakfast?" He asks quickly, and Jongin nods his head. Sehun doesn't know whether to be relieved or to be worried that Jongin has sneaked around his kitchen to get a decent breakfast. 

"Did you wash up the dishes?"

"Yeah."

"Have you washed yourself?"

Jongin chuckles, "I don't carry a toothbrush around with me Sehunnie," and Sehun flinches at name, his face darkening as he mutters, "Don't call me that," but surprisingly Jongin catches it and directs his gaze away from Sehun.

Said male sighs, thinking that himself and Lay can get something to eat while they're out; Lay needs to experience new food anyway. He gestures his head to the hallway, explaining, "Come to the bathroom and I'll give you a spare toothbrush, get dressed in your clothes, except from the jacket, I've got one that's clean and will cover up the blood on your shirt," before turning away after his brief explanation. 

Moving like lightning, Sehun is already faced with Lay in his room, successfully dressed, looking fairly like a normal human being, before he nods his head to lead the unicorn out of the room. Lay obeys and follows, and then finds himself waiting as Sehun digs out three toothbrushes; his own and two spares for Lay and Jongin. Lay naturally receives the nicer one, and Sehun places the last one by the tap for Jongin before he turns around and shows Lay how to hold it out. Lay does so quietly while Sehun squeezes some of the paste out with ease. The latter can't help but smile as Lay watches with intent eyes, until finally he stops, rushing some paste onto his own brush before slowly pressing the brush against his teeth and brushing, showing Lay what to do.

With wide, curious eyes, Lay starts to copy Sehun. He does it fairly simple, a little slow and sometimes brushing his tongue and inner cheeks, but Sehun leaves it as he's sure it won't cause any harm to the unicorn.

Jongin suddenly enters the bathroom as well, walking up beside Sehun and said male points towards the brush and toothpaste and Jongin is quickly brushing his own teeth.

It's a bit of a weird combination as the three of them look at themselves in the mirror opposite; the unicorn, the former bully and the one who has to take care of them both. Once content on his clean teeth, Sehun leans over the sink and spits it all out, leaning back as Jongin does the same and politely runs the tap as well, letting the waters wash away their paste and spit.

Sehun then turns to Lay, who is struggling to keep it all in his mouth and has his cheeks puffed out wide. Sehun cringes as he feels like he's dealing with a baby and holds onto Lay's mouth so that no more starts to spill out, and directs the smaller person to the sink and explains how to spit it out as it seems he's having difficulty, but finally they succeed and Sehun is wiping Lay's mouth with a towel, once again, like a baby.

"What am I going to do with you?" Sehun even mimics the words of a mother dealing with her troublesome child, while Lay laughs and Jongin chuckles from behind.

It's been a while since Sehun has been surrounded by so much laughter.


Sehun is entering the shop with Jongin and Lay. It's practically empty, like always, but for a corner shop it's got everything you need and Sehun being the lazy arse he is he can't be bothered to go to a large supermarket. He enters with the familiar ring of the bell by the top corner of the door filling his ears, and keeps an eye on Lay as he jumps a little ahead. Jongin walks beside him and Sehun tells him to go pick up a basket, and strangely enough he follows.

Sehun doesn't know if it's just because Jongin thinks he owes him (which he does, big time), but he still can't get used over the fact that Jongin is being polite and nice to him, actually even if the kind acts weren't from Jongin, they're still strange to Sehun, it's just the fact that they're from the one bully who ruined his life the most, that enhances the whole situation.

But Sehun takes it all, he's got another person being nice to him and extra hands, and although he still ponders over the apology Jongin gave, he pretends that everything is okay and treats him like any other normal person, just harsher, like a prisoner.

They walk along and grab things like milk, ham, bread, the normal stuff, but also grab some sandwiches and biscuits for Lay and Sehun, and Sehun can only guess what will happen when Lay get's his hand on something with sugar in it. Lay is bouncing ahead like an energetic child, looking at everything from the tiles on the floor, the objects on the shelves and even the lights, while Jongin and Sehun actually do the proper shopping.

As Sehun throws some coke into the basket Jongin is holding, they continue to walk down the shop until Jongin speaks up. "That's an interesting necklace Lay is wearing."

Strangely enough Sehun has forgotten completely about the fact Lay is wearing that necklace, and feels himself growing hot once again as he explains, "Yeah well I'm not going to be wearing it am I?"

"I thought you would've thrown it away by now," Jongin states.

"Well I was going to," Sehun lies, "But just as I was about to Lay saw it and wanted it."

Jongin nods lightly, and they come to the back of the store where there are some clothes, not a lot, it's kind of like the charity section of the shop, and Sehun knows that people donate their clothes there.

Some of the stuff is trendy and some if it is just , however Sehun picks out a few things for Lay, just some slightly smaller stuff, and ends up taking two pairs of jeans, one shirt and one vest, then calls the unicorn over.

He orders the smaller to stand still as he leans down and tries various shoes on him, stopping on a pair of black canvas shoes and smiles, as they're both trendy and black (black goes with everything) and takes them. He then asks Jongin to pick something, even though Sehun is about the same height, he wants Jongin to own at least something else of his own. He ends up taking a pair of shorts, a shirt and some shoes of his own. Sehun smiles slightly as they walk over to the counter with everything they need, Lay as excited as a child who has already had one too many cookies, Sehun reminds himself to buy some underwear in a proper shop (remembering that there is one near The Star, but can't be bothered to go there at the moment), while Jongin passes all the things to Siwon who scans them, and Sehun is blankly looking at the oh, so interesting wall because his mind is going through how to look after two fully grown, crazy arse children. 

"You can put in your card now Sehun...Sehun," Siwon's voice enters his mind all of a sudden and Sehun snaps himself away from his thoughts and inserts his card, dabs in his pin and then removes it, watching as Jongin shows Lay how to stuff the bags full of the things they had bought, while Lay just wants to eat/wear the stuff.

Sehun stops his thinking and his eyes lay on Siwon, who is glaring (in more of a curious than a rude or mean way) at Jongin, who is oblivious.

"Hyung, is there something wrong?" Sehun asks, and Siwon's eyes peel off of Jongin and onto the younger. He tenses up slightly when Jongin and Lay is done packing and Jongin turns to look at him, also curious.

"I think I've seen yo-"

"Hey! Siwon!" The attention of the four turn to a large group of guys walking into the shop, and Sehun's eyes jump onto Jongin, who freezes and then takes a step away. And then it clicks in Sehun's head as the group edge closer.

"Wait a second...is that you Jongin?" One of them asks, getting closer to Lay, who doesn't even flinch, but stare curiously with wide eyes.

Jongin has backed away right next to Sehun now, and Sehun curses Jongin in his mind for getting them into trouble, while shopping.

"Whatever happened, g-gentlemen, Jongin I think had a g-good enough beating, so if we could just leave, then we'll cause no more trouble for you-"

"What the hell are you staring at?!" But instead of even listening to Sehun, they turn their attention to Lay who is still staring at the group of men with wide eyes. The one at the front grabs Lay by the collar of his shirt and pulls him right up. 

Jongin beside Sehun is frozen and even Sehun is hesitant as to do or say anything.

Lay raises a hand and pokes the cheek of the guy who looks like he's about to kill him.

"You've got a dent in your face, like me," he smiles.

He smiles.

Ugh.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you dumb or something?" He asks, the others crowding around him curiously to see the 'dumb person'.

"No I'm a-"

"He's a foreigner, he d-doesn't know what he's saying," Sehun interrupts, walking forwards and gently grasping at Lay's arm and attempting to pull him away, in which he fails as the man with dimpled cheeks keeps a firm grip.

"He still touched me," he growls.

"He's just appreciating your face."

"Well what about him?" He points to Jongin, who's eyes widen. Is that fear? Well, even Jongin must get scared at the fact that the events that happened yesterday could repeat.

"He's had enough trouble, don't you think?"

"No, not really, he touched my woman," the man hisses.

Damn you Jongin and your obsession to be a playboy.

"Sehun-ah my arm is hurting," Lay whispers loudly.

"Say that again little , to my face," the other male smirks, and with the darkest look Sehun has yet to have seen on Lay's face appear, suddenly Lay turns around to face the man, and Sehun turns his attention to Lay's arm and hand which wraps itself around the arm that is firmly gripping his own, and little lights, like little specks of glowing glitter, flow out of Lay's hand which glows slightly and moves their way slowly up the man's arm.

Quickly he lets go with a loud hiss of pain and grabs at his arm, then starts to flail around at the air around him like there are flies, but all Sehun can see is glowing glitter that Lay produced. 

"What the hell? Ow!" He panics and everyone around him starts panicking as the glitter starts to infect them as well.

Jongin calls for the other two to follow and they go around the gang and slip out of the shop. 

They continue to run down the street, until they slow down and finally, stop to breathe.

"Lay," Jongin pants, then looks up at the unicorn, "That was awesome!"

Lay catches his breath back himself and grins. "I know."

Sehun laughs, he doesn't know why at first, but then as Jongin and Lay join in and they continue to walk back to his bungalow, he really doesn't care anymore.


 

 

 

Did you like that cute ending? It was cute, right? Aish, I don't even know anymore ;-;

I'm hoping everyone knew who the 'guy-with-the-dent-in-the-face' was, in case you didn't, it was Leetuk XD

I can't really imagine Super Junior as a gang of thugs, but I did it anyway (can you imagine that? lol)

Sorry this was really late, but I've just made a Baekchen fic with one of my besties on this site, too-kyute! If you're a fan of Baekchen/Chenbaek, then go check it out!

Imperfect Intervals

I've also been working on a video (I don't do video editing but...well, I won't reveal too much of it, it's supposed to be a surprise a crappy one) and also I've been watching a lot of Buzzfeed, EXO showtime, Seventeen, dunno why, but I needed a bit of a break anyway, otherwise my writing goes horrible .0.

Anyway, hope you like this, sorry for the late update and I promise it'll be quicker next time, wuv you!~