We Finally Met

Our First Met

Kwang Soo's POV

My heart actually skips a beat when I saw a young picture of Ji Hyo. I was amazed how easily I fell in love even I have not meet her with my own eyes. "She's so pretty~" That split out from my lips. "Ooo… I'm sorry for my rudeness, omoni." I apologized as I was afraid of giving her a bad impression.

"Stupid me.." I cursed myself in my mind, hitting myself on my head.

"Don't hit yourself, little man. I can feel your sincere from your voice." Ji Hyo's mom spoke while patting on my shoulder firmly. "My Ji Hyo has been a workaholic all these while. But it's because she wanted to settle with the debts that I borrowed. I felt foolish for doing so.. If I hadn't done that, my Ji Hyo would be a cheerful lady."

"I believe that you didn't have any option but just to take that decision. It must be hard for you and Ji Hyo to handle these situation all by yourself."

 Ji Hyo's mom seems touched as I explained. She pulled me into a warm hugged. It's such a long time since someone actually hugged me. Especially when the way she hugged, reminds me of my late mother. I could feel the love from that moment. "That's such a sweet man of you. I believe my Ji Hyo will accept you in a flash."

"But.. I'm just a poor man who only earn few money. And yet omoni still accept me?"

"A poor man, doesn't mean that he's got a bad manner. Same goes to a rich man.. He doesn't mean that he has a good manner. All I want is to see my beautiful daughter happy, just like she used to be. And as happy like you, young man." She advised me with a kind heart. No one had ever been so kind on me. Even my teachers who guided me wasn't that caring. I was all alone, leaving in this world with just a young friend. 

"Thank you for giving me a chance.. If that's the case, I wish to meet her personally." I gave a quick smile and enjoy my good time with my future mother-in-law.

 While I was spending my time drawing, all my mind was flashing those pictures of Ji Hyo. I could imagine how happy she would be when she's away from work. Probably taking a stroll at the quiet park or probably just jump into her comfy bed and drift into a deep sleep. I always wonder does she ever snore in her sleep. Feeling foolish with my mind, I pulled out a chuckle. Having myself in a good mood, I decided to draw something extraordinary. Compare to my usual arts. I tune down some great music from my playlist and begin my skillful work, just to kill time.

****************************************

I rested myself after hours of performing my skills. To be honest, this was my first time that I'm satisfied with my artwork. Since I didn't want to expose the artwork to the others, I hid them well with a plain white cloth. I wanted to keep it for myself, well probably for my special person as well when I'm ready to surprise her.

I counted each day, awaiting to meet the special lady that caught my heart. I barely fall in love with someone easily, but she's was the first to give me that feeling. On my first sight, I just fell in love with her. "Two weeks to go.. When will I be able to meet her and hear her voice?" I spoken to himself while gazing at my beautiful artwork, daydreaming.

****************************************

I decided to leave home for the whole night. Heading out and search some groceries to restock my empty refrigerator. Even my roommate is too lazy to do so. Since I was getting thirsty of having my shopping hour for hours, I decided to take a sip at the cafeteria nearby. While I was queuing up the line to make my order, that was the first time I spotted Ji Hyo. Who was grabbing a cup of her drinks and head off in a hurry. Wearing her formal outfit, showing how her body curve. Slim and fit.

I almost raised my hand, wanting to greet her, but I hold myself from do so. She might think that I'm just some crazy man who just want to lure her due to her beauty. "I met you... For the very first time." I mumbled with a smile.

****************************************

"One week more to go before the blind date starts. I can't hardly wait to see you.." I chirped happily. Without knowing, I started to hummed some song that was trapped in his mind and drove off his car to the park. Where I would be having a night walk just to gasp some clean air. I felt a light buzz from my pocket pants. Realizing that it's my call, I hooked it out and slide the green button. "Ne omoni..." I greeted her with good manners.

"Kwang Soo my boy.... I'm sorry I didn't explain well to my daughter about you. She was supposed to come over to meet me, but of course.. Her work was her first priority. As usual.." She huffed. "But I will let her know more about you. Do you want to carry on with the blind date or to postpone it?"

"Well.. That will be your decision then, omoni. I have no objection with that."

"Well I supposed it's not good to postpone it right?? And I'm really sure you must be trilled to meet her."

"Actually I met her once.. Well it's just a coincidence. But I wouldn't mind to postpone it. Probably she isn't ready to meet me after all."

"I say... Let's just keep it with our schedule. How is that?" She suggested. 

"Sounds good to me, omoni." I responded happily. I heard a loud slam from her side, probably she slammed her palm on the table with excitement.

"Brilliant... So let's hope things goes right then. Have a good day, Kwang Soo."

"Ne.. You too, omoni." We finally ended the call. I drove my car happily. Thinking what should I wear for the blind date. "So...Should I go for a white tux? Or a black one?" I was excited to meet this lady.

I frowned as my sight meet with the opposite direction. It seems that the car is out if control. In a blink, the car swerve to my lane. Without able to avoid the car from the opposite lane, we collided on each other.

****************************************

I can't remember what happened when the car was collided with another. I saw a small light, pointing at my sight. Everything seems blur to me, and then I realized that there's a paramedic. A male paramedic was my first sight. "Semi-conscious. He's got a bad fractured at his ribcage, serious injury on his head as well. "Stretcher here! Quick!" "Can you hear me, sir?" The paramedic asked.  I blinked in confusion, not thinking of answering him at all. "What's your name?" Again I didn't speak. "There's a possibility blood clot on his brain as well. He's not responding well." My eyes are too tired, that I fell back into a quick nap.

****************************************

I was awaken, feeling discomfort with my body. It felt so weird, and I don't feel good at all. I know that the other victim was injured as well, but I wasn't sure how serious was it. I started to pant for air.

The paramedic quickly put on the oxygen mask. It was supposed to help me with my breathing, but it didn't help much. "Sir..." The same paramedic spoken to me.

 

I looked on my left side, seeing someone who was familiar. Ji Hyo. "No……" I mumbled weakly. She was laying on the stroller next to me. Her condition seems worst as well. I saw the other paramedic was pumping the blood from the tube, the needle was inserted into her vein. Ji Hyo was already unconscious when there's a great impact occurred.

"Ji… H-hyo…" I mumbled while gasping for air.  My trembling hand slowly reached out on hers. Holding her hand which was covered with red blood.

I wish I could get up and hugged her in my arms, but I was too weak to do so. My vision at the same time was getting blur, and I knew that I wouldn't manage to survive before arriving the hospital. My chest hurts so badly that I squinted my eyes tightly, struggling to fight off the pain.

My chest felt even awful, that I realized I was coughing blood. A really bad cough. My hearing was getting worst as well. I know that the paramedic was instructing the others to do something, but I wasn't sure about it. He removed my mask, and wiped off the blood stain on my cheeks and chin that was been coughed out.

"Sir.. Please." The paramedic instructed me with a calm look, while helping to put on the mask on me again. Obviously he was terrified to see my bad condition, but he was a good liar that he's able to cover up his fear. "Just rest. We are nearby to the hospital." I tried to speak, but my voice was too dull to be heard.  "Everything is going to be okay...." He told me.

"What is it sir??" The paramedic asked when he saw my lips moving.  He lowered his head, an ear was close to me. 

"Ss-sa... Save... her." I felt exhausted soon as I voiced out. My eyes are getting heavy and it was sealed shut as I could not hold any longer. My grip on Ji Hyo's hand as well were loosen, and the monitor went flat.

****************************************

I didn't know how long had I died. The pain from the bad accident, it felt like it happened few minutes ago. I was there for Ji Hyo, each time. Watching my little angel who was unconscious on bed is just hurting me so much. I didn't know what to do, helpless. There's no one who could see me, but only lost souls like me could communicate with me. I stood next to her, day by day. Praying that she will wakes up from her deep sleep, but that never happen. I didn't even got the chance to know her well, and she doesn't even know my presence. All I wanted to give her a sweet moment, even it's not happening in the reality.

"There's another way of souls like us to communicate with humans. Enter into their dream. " Instructed one of the soul that who was close to me. I finally decided to enter her dream, till she's awake from her long nap. I held my one finger, and placed it on Ji Hyo's forehead. As I closed my eyes, flashing back those images of Ji Hyo. 

****************************************

Once I opened my eyes, I saw myself in the cafeteria. Wearing my comfortable outfit, and was doing something that I used to do so. Having my sketch book on the table. And when I looked around, that was the time I met Ji Hyo, who was waiting for her usual drink in the cafeteria. She looks just the same as the last time I seen her. "We finally met, Ji Hyo. My little angel."

 

~THE END~