Their First Sight

Our First Met

"Bbeeep...Beep..." Her alarm clock rang loudly next to Ji Hyo's bed. With an eye closed, she switched the alarm off. As she sat on her bed, her palm pressed hard on her forehead. It ached for no reason. She couldn't remember much about the day when she was involved in the accident. Her only memory about it was the car flashed brightly ahead of her. Keeping herself calm, she taken a few deep breathe till the pain was gone.

Slowly, she stretched herself. "Another nightmare to face with." She grunted. With her depleted energy, she crawled out from her bed and wash herself.

As she taken a bath, she stood out from the washroom. Where her body was wrapped with only a towel around. While searching for a formal clothes to put on, she stare on her right. "Right... I'm on so called my long vacation."

She stopped herself from searching her working clothes when she realized about the conversation with her manager back then. She let out a deep sigh and laid lazily on her bed. She wished that she's still in the office, working till she lose her focus.

There was a few art collections where she hung since she moved in. She bought it to lighten up her room. But the silliest thing she ever did was she bought without knowing the artist who create these portrait. Simple, but it attracts her. Each of it, was marked a signature with a capital 'G'.

"I wonder what does the identical 'G' stands for..." That was the only question that kept played in her mind about the painter. Since she had no plan to settle for today, she put on some comfortable outfit. She kept her housekey in her pocket and left her house, headed to her most favorite cafeteria.

****************************************

"Americano, take away right, Ji Hyo-ssi?" The cashier asked her when it was Ji Hyo's turn to make an order. Ji Hyo was the permanent visitor ever since she moved out from her old house. "That will be 3,500 KRW." Ji Hyo gave according to the price and waited for her drinks.

"Keep the change." That's what Ji Hyo tried of helping the barista of earning some tips. She stood patiently at the side of the counter table. She gazed around the cafeteria, something seemed different compared to the last visit. She couldn't recall what was it, but she just had the feeling that something changed.

"Did you see the guy sitting next to the counter? That guy is so cute.." Teenager Number 1 whispered to her friend sat next to her.

"Tell me about it. Have you check on his drawing? That was marvelous. I wanted to buy his collection, but they aren't for sale. What a shame. I could just used his drawing to get a good marks." Student Number 2 answered with a blush shown on her cheek.

"Girl's gossip.." Ji Hyo only laughed at herself of eavesdropping the teenager's conversation.

"Your Americano, Ji Hyo-ssi." The cashier told her while handed a cup of drinks to her. While she was about to leave the cafeteria, a buff man ran onto Ji Hyo hurriedly. He accidentally knocked on Ji Hyo and left the cafeteria without checking on her condition.

She lose her balance and fell behind. Where she was there, sat on a guy who wasn't focusing on his surroundings. He was busy sketching on his book. He looked at her with a frown, unexpected that someone sat on his lap.

It felt like the time stopped ticking for her, glancing at the man who she just sat on him. For the first time she ever felt, her heart skips a beat. Her cheeks flush too.

All eyes were staring at them both, unexpected to watch the scene. Her Americano went slipped from her grip and poured on his sketch book. Her eyes the wet sketch book, nervously.

"!!! I'm so sorry about that." She removed the empty cup from the table and dabbed the remaining liquid from the sketch book.

"It's alright.." He said calmly, still with a smile on him.

"No.. It's not alright. I had spilled my coffee on your book. And it's already ruin because of me. How much is it? I will pay back."

"Please... It's just a book. I can get a new sketch book and draw." He sounded upset with the damaged book, but he hid his feelings well.

He seemed like an artistic person, though his outfit doesn't suits it. From his outer look, with a worn out jacket to kept himself warm. It makes him look an untidy person.

She fishes out her purse, getting ready to pay him for the damage. "No.. I need to repay you. Name me your price and I will do it."

He sighed and gave another smile. "Alright." He packed his belonging from the table. "Here's a deal. Be a model for my drawing, and that should do it. You can come at anytime."

  "But I didn't know where to find you."

"I'm always here.. This is a part of my working place. Those barista over there knows me well after all." He pointed at the workers who are currently busy of making the orders. "See you soon, Ji Hyo-ssi" He left the cafeteria hurriedly before she managed to say a word.

"But....." "How does he know my name? I don't remember of introducing myself." She wondered herself with a curios look.

****************************************

Ji Hyo walked out from her house early morning with her jumper outfit. After ruining the sketch book from the anonymous, she knew that she had to pay back for the damage.

She arrived at the cafeteria, surprised to see the same man. Who was already there, sat at his usual spot, while did a quick sketch on a new book.

There wasn't any customer at that hour since it's still early. She tiptoed towards him. Trying not to distract him from his inspiration.

"You are here Ji Hyo-ssi." He greeted without looking at her direction.

  "How did-" She went stunned.

"My six sense works well somehow. It's good to see you." He stood from his seat and did a handshake with her. "What brings you here, Ji Hyo-ssi??"

She frowned before answering his question. "Didn't you told me that I will be your model to repay your damage. So here I am..."

"Well I wasn't expecting you to accept my price. I thought you wouldn't want to take my offer. Have a seat Ji Hyo-ssi." He pointed out an empty seat ahead of him. "An Americano and Ice Latte please." He ordered the drinks at the counter which was just behind him. The barista just nodded and taken their time of making orders.

"So how did you know about my name?? I don't think I ever introduced myself." She asked with a curiosity look.

"Let's just say... I just knew it." He smiled gracefully till his dimples appeared. Not many men have dimples on them. He seemed weird, but still a good-looking man to her.

"So.. What do you want me to do??" She finally ask. "Don't tell me to remove my clothes and you draw my figure.."

"Of course not!!! Why would I?" The man frowned deeper with her words with a surprised tone. He was unexpected that she would think out of the box. "Theres nothing I want you to do.. Just sit here. I will do the rest."

He placed his new sketchbook on his lap an started with his work. The ordered drinks was served in a jiffy. He thanked the barista and finally continued with his work. The atmosphere around them was pretty stiff. Not knowing what to do, Ji Hyo could only sip her coffee frequently.

He paused and laid the book on the table. His eyes glued on Ji Hyo's, with a prefect smile on him. "Tell you what, Ji Hyo-ssi. How about we introduce ourselves first? I guess it will be much gawky if we just remained silent during the entire progress. I could draw, but it could take some time to complete it."

She placed her drink on the table and responded to him. "Well you know my name. But I don't know yours."

  "Kwang Soo. My name is Lee Kwang Soo. And I drew."

She actually let out a snort when he told her that he's capable in drawing. "I can see that..." He let out a chuckle and continue to sketch.

"So what's your interest? Don't tell me that you just love to work every time?" He asked before stirring his drinks and taken a big gulp. "Arts..." She answered it. That caught Kwang Soo's attention even more. "I drew most of the time back then. But I quit..." Her tone went lower.

"Why??" He seemed interested of finding out about Ji Hyo in detail.

"Got an issue...." She let out a bitter smile. The truth is, she wouldn't want him to find out about her life. He's still a total stranger to her.

"Roger that.." Kwang Soo did a respect gesture. "Don't mind me if it isn't as beautiful as those famous artist.. If you are running out of idea of breaking the awkward atmosphere, why not just put on your music and listen to them. Pretend that I'm not around."

"But you are drawing aren't you??" She tilted her head to one side.

"Of course I am. I just need my model to be around. Feel free to do anything. Just don't distract me too often." It take less than an hour for him to complete his sketch. "Done.. Thank you for the hard work, Ji Hyo-ssi. I probably need you more often for the upcoming sketch."

"Why me?? Don't You have other models to complete with your sketch??"

"Of course I do… Is just I barely have inspiration when I work with them. The other reason is because.. You looked like an angel, to me." She gave a frown while listening to him. "Beautiful, just like the way you are.."

"Are you giving me a compliment about it?" He scratched the back of his neck. Feeling shy that he spoken out his inner feelings.

"So what's your plan now? I guess your work for today had ended." He started packing his bags as he asked.

"Craving for meal.. Wish to join me?" He gazed at her with an astonishment expression. She felt a little awkward that she cleared and continue. "I need some accompany to ease my boredom of eating alone."

"Well sure.. Why not???" He carried his bag on his one shoulder and stood from his seat. He headed to the counter table and paid for the drinks and they walk to their destination.