My Promise

Our First Met

Kwang Soo was in a luck that he managed to reserved a table for them two at a famous western restaurant. It was a grand spot, where calm music were played to entertained their customers. A big chandelier which was hung at the ceiling attracts the customer too. Kwang Soo pulled out the chair a little, giving her to take the seat first.

At that moment, Ji Hyo could feel how gentleman he is. She nodded and mouthed thank you. "I can't believe that you would have your special day here. It's so grand."

"Please... Choose any meal that you want. It's my treat." Kwang Soo whispered, trying to lower down his voice from interrupting the other customers.

  "But it's your special day. Your birthday..."

"I always treat my friends on my birthdays. That's the Kwang Soo way~" He explained without hesitation.

"Well that's not the right way to celebrate it. It should be your friends who paid the meal. And of course birthdays usually comes with seaweed soup." Ji Hyo recalled how happy she was when her mom made a seaweed soup when it falls on her birthday. But it all happens before her father fell sick.

He chuckled, her words are right for him. "Well I had to say that you are right... But I still does that till now."

"And they are expensive.."

"Money.." He laughed at himself for no reason. "It will remains in this world even though we left. Money isn't important to me.. But timing is. So I wouldn't mind of using it."

"Alright…" Ji Hyo let out a quick breathe and responded. "If you said so."  Kwang Soo grin happily and raised his hand to call for a waiter. A young waiter saw and headed to their table.

"Ready for your order, sir?" He asked Kwang Soo. Kwang Soo nodded and waited for Ji Hyo to make her order.

"I would like to have a plate of rib eye. And also mushroom soup please."

"Same goes to me. And please serve the best red wine you got." Kwang Soo told to the waiter. The waiter nodded and excused himself to the kitchen to pass the order, then grabbing a red wine to poured on their champagne glass. She was awkward at first, having a meal with him. She inhaled deeply and spoke.

"I have a favor, Kwang Soo... Can you help me?"

"Favor??? Hhm..Certainly." He replied without hesitant.

  "I had been thinking what you told me earlier.. About my interest.. You are right. I should just consume it as a hobby."

"Arts???" He gave a small applause with her decision and spoke again. He just know that it's never easy for her to let go of her dreams, especially when it comes to arts. "Well definitely you made a good choice. But what do you need my help?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"A guide.. I had not draw for years. I guess my skills are blunt for not practicing. And since you are an expert, maybe you could help?"

"Well have no fear.. I will help you. How about we did a quick practice starts on tomorrow?" She gave a nod happily and they continue their dinner happily. 

****************************************

Since then, Kwang Soo would come over to her house. With a motive of guiding her to follow her dream. Arts is where she felt like a paradise. She could feel how her old happy life again, been revived.

"Now I want you to focus on one thing... What was the first thing that attracts you when you are at home?" He asked while preparing the items on the coffee table.

"I would say..." She pointed on the first portrait that Kwang Soo drew. She hung it in her room at first, but she decided to redecorate her living room with it. "That."

"Alright..That's fine to me. Now I want you to draw it." He demanded while giving her a clean sheet and a pencil.

"Huh what?? But I'm just a beginner...." She proclaimed with an unsatisfied tone.

"Well there's always something new to learn. If I asked you to sketch a simple cup, it won't attracts your attention. So why not goes to your chosen item?" On a second thought, she actually agree with Kwang Soo. She knew that she would give up within a day or two if she just did a simple sketch, especially of a cup.

"Fine.." She retreat from the argument. "Don't insult when I did terribly."

"Yes madam!!!" They both laughed at the same time and finally proceed with their sketch.

****************************************

"You know what.. Maybe you could adjust this part, it will be great enough." Kwang Soo pointed put the minor mistake that Ji Hyo made. She actually did tons of mistake, yet Kwang Soo was patience enough to guide her well.

"And it's still hideous..." Ji Hyo pouted of the unsatisfied result. Comparing with Kwang Soo's, her sketch was never alike his.

"It's alright... Practice makes perfect. You are just a beginner after all." He whispered in her ear. "I know you can do it. Have faith."

She knew that she could never satisfy with the sketch that she made. No matter how many error she had done, she just didn't like it one bit. "I would like to go for the next item.. Shall we??"

"Not so soon, Ji Hyo. Right now, I just wanted you to focus on the first item. Practice it frequently and show me the result. You will find out the difference with the recent sketch and the previous."

"How long will I see the improvement?" She asked impatiently. Obviously she didn't like the idea of redrawing the same item.

"Well.. It could take hours.. or days. But when you have the high intention to do well, I would say it takes a day or two to gain your loss skills." He explained with full confidence.

She slammed the pencil on the table with frustration. Kwang Soo just looked surprised at her. "I felt like giving up now..."

"So..." He gave out a cunning smile. "The Ji Hyo I knew will give up easily??"

"I said I felt.. Not that I'm giving up after all." She said sarcastically, but it makes Kwang Soo to smile even more. "You're weird..."

  "Weird? What weird?" He fires another question since he didn't get what Ji Hyo meant.

"How can you smile when I'm angry??"

He shrugged his shoulder and answered. "I usually take it as a compliment.. I'm mostly accepting positive feedback."

"Well you got to help me with this part... it's really hard for me." Without realising, she shown her pouty lips while grabbing on the pencil.

"Alright... Just watch how I do okay?" He holds her right hand, where she's gripping on the pencil. His eyes remained focus on the sketch, but not for her. She could hear his breathing, that close that she felt her cheeks are burning hot. Kwang Soo looked at her and it felt like the time stops for them both. No voice come from any of them, just staring at each other eyes. She was eager to taste his lips, and slowly she approached to it. With just a small inch left, Kwang Soo jerked away and cleared his throat. "Erm... I got to go now. That's all for today's practice."

"Yeah.. I agree with that."

"Would you prefer of another practice on tomorrow or other day?" His elbow accidentally knocked a vase from the table. But thankfully he was quick-witted to catch it before it break into pieces. He's just too clumsy that he almost knocked over on things.

She was actually giggling of Kwang Soo's clumsiness. She never met someone who's been that clumsy before. She bit her lower lips to control her laughter before replying him. "Tomorrow sounds nice to me.:

"Erm.. alright then. See you tomorrow. Same timing okay?" He packed his bag hurriedly and tried to walked out in a rush. He this time tripped on the sofa and fell on his stomach. "No worries.. I'm still in one piece. See you, Ji Hyo." He turned the knob and left her house. 

"Damn...This man is just so hilarious." She finally laughed out as she kept on thinking how clumsy the lanky man that she knew. She didn't realise that she was smiling all the time ever since he left her house. She touched her chest, feeling her heartbeat. Definitely it doesn't feel right. "THat's weird. Why is my heartbeat beating fast??" 


-DAMN!!! Finally back with an update of this story~ Seriously I had been running out of idea of writing it though I already had set up my mind of the storyline.. Fell free to drop by a comment after reading it. Hope you will like it. ^^