A Celebration

Our First Met

All these while, Ji Hyo would stop by at the cafeteria, completing her so called part time job as a modal. Without knowing, it's been an everyday routine for her to visit the cafeteria, not just grabbing a cup of coffee, but as a modal too.

After a hectic morning turns out, she decided of not heading to the cafeteria this time. With her plain white t-shirt and long pants as her nightwear, she sat lazily on the sofa. Her grip was holding a cup of hot chocolate drink, trying to keep herself warm during the cold season. The aroma had been lingering around her living room. While spending her time of the drink, her doorbell rang.

"Hold on..." She placed the cup on the coffee table and opened the door. She went surprise that Kwang Soo was at her doorstep, with a deep smile. "Kwang Soo???? Wh-what are you doing here???" She asked with a big surprise.

  "Chilling over here... You didn't turned out at our usual spot. That's why I'm here now." He grinned happily, though Ji Hyo shown an unpleasant expression of his sudden appearance at her doorstep.

"Wait... I meant how did you find out my address???" She pulled her head out from the door, looking on her left and right. Just to make sure there isn't anyone besides than him. "Are you a stalker or something??"

"No. Am not. Well..." He scratched his back of the neck. "I came here before..."

"Since when??" Ji Hyo asked sarcastically with her arms crossed.

"The drawings that you bought when you moved in. I was the one who sent them here."

"What drawings????" She paused, her memory flashed about the portraits that was hung at her room. With the identical 'G'. "So it was you?? You are the one who drew those??"

"Exactly... I actually came here with a friend of mine back then. I was indeed lost since I wasn't familiar with the environment. I bet you can't recognize me since I was still keeping my mustache back then." He went silent, waiting for Ji Hyo's permission to enter her house. He cleared his throat and asked. "So... Are you leaving the guest alone out here??"

She grunted lightly and finally allowed him to walked in. "Don't touch anything..." She warned while headed to the kitchen to get a treat for her uninvited guest.

"Yes madam!!!!" He saluted with her order and sat obediently at the sofa. Slowly he dug out his sketch book and flipped through the sketches that he drew her previously. "I found out that you never see my sketch before.. Want to have a look now??"

"You should know the reason on why I don't want to see your skills.." Ji Hyo spoken softly, with a regret tone.

"Because you will regret of quiting it when you see them??" She nodded with his answer. "You should have spend some time to show your skills to people out there. You may love to draw, but you can take them as your hobby." Kwang Soo gave her an advise.

"Look.. I allowed you in was not to hear your advise!!" She realized she was being rude on him. She knew that Kwang Soo had no intention to say that. "Sorry... I'm just-." She let out a sigh and finally take a seat next to him, after passed down the treat to her guest. "So what do you want to do for today??"

"Do you mind of going for another round??" He shown out a plain paper from his sketch book.

  "How many do I have to do these???"

"Unfortunately, you got to do these till I'm satisfy with it." Theres another huge grin on his lips.

She finally sat next to him lazily. Her feet was on the coffee table. showing how disobedient she is. "Does this helps??"

What surprised her that Kwang Soo still passed a smile on the lips after watching her unpleasant posture. "More than enough..." He replied and started with his job.

"Ji Hyo-ssi...."Kwang Soo spoken softly as his eyes caught on the work. She was still enjoying herself, sipping her hot drinks while she responded by looking at him. "Do you mind of joining me for a dinner tonight??" He finally asked.

There was no reply from her. It was a sudden question that he asked.

"It's my birthday today." Kwang Soo let out a bitter smile.

"Owh... Happy birthday, Kwang Soo...." She wished him awkwardly. "I'm sorry.. I didn't know it's your birthday. I promise I will get you a gift tomorrow."

  "I'm afraid I'm unable to save it when I left."

"What???" Her eyes blinked, thinking that she must have heard wrongly.

"Nothing.. I meant-"  He stopped for a second and replied her. "I prefer to keep a good memories compare of getting a present." 

She pushed his hand lower which was used to sketch. She wanted him to have an eye contact when they are in the conversation. "So what do you want for your special day??"

"Just a dinner with you..." He stated shortly.

"Cool... What time should we meet?"

He was unexpected that she agree of having a dinner together at a quick timing. He clasped her hands in between his and thanking her over again." Thank you so much for accepting my offer."

She was stunned with his action. Her cheeks went flushed as she looked at his excited expression. He saw himself who was still holding her hands. He released it hurriedly and gulped his saliva.

"Sorry…I uhh-" "I will pick you up at six." He stated, still with a joy tone.

****************************************

"I thought that you will give me a call before you come. At least you don't have to come up." She stated as she opened her door. Kwang Soo was already at her doorstep, waiting patiently for her to be prepared.

"If you hadn't realized, we never shared our contact number before." Kwang Soo kept smiling at all time. He was agape of witnessing how stunning Ji Hyo was with a white fitting dress.

"Well that's our mistakes then. Let's go then." She hung her fancy handbag on her shoulder and left the house. "So where's your car anyway???"Ji Hyo asked while they are on the way heading to the parking lot. The elevator made a loud 'ting', where they had arrived at their destination.

"Well just two cars away.It's just over there." He pointed out while pressing on the siren to unlocked his car. When Ji Hyo saw the car, her head started spinning. She almost lose her balance, but Kwang Soo managed to hold onto her from falling.

  "Are you alright, Ji Hyo-ssi???"

"Uuh... Yeah I'm fine.. I guess I'm just tired." Her eyes kept fixing on the car which was parked ahead of her.

He helped to swing open the door, like a gentleman, but Ji Hyo stood frozen from her actual position. "Are you getting in, Ji Hyo-ssi??"

  "This car... It seemed familiar to me."

"My car?? Well it's common in this country isn't it?" He let out a chuckle while thinking how cracky he spoke about the car. "I know I'm driving a SUV car, but it's my first gift I bought since I earn some money. So yeah... Meet my girlfriend, Shimmer." He introduced his car to Ji Hyo, as if the car is a living items.

"And you named your car, Shimmer??" She asked with a frown. Kwang Soo was a first friend of her, who gave name to non-living item.

"Sort of.. I usually named my stuff with names." That makes Ji Hyo frowned even more. She was speechless, thinking why would he name them. "Don't get me wrong, Ji Hyo-ssi. I just named them for fun."

He had been calling her in a formal way, which she wasn't used of hearing it from him. "Please… Just call me Ji Hyo." 

"Erm… alright then, Ji Hyo." She nodded and finally get into the car before the door was slammed shut. "I know a good restaurant not far from here. My friend recommended it to me earlier. And thank you for joining with me for dinner."

"It's your birthday.. and that's a special day that we need to celebrate. Come on... Let's move now. I'm starving." He agree and pushed the switch button. With carefully, he drove the car to their destination.