Good directions

Unpredictable

Pacey's POV:

     About a week after that night at Macdonald's my 'Blind Date' day finally came. Andres had arranged reservations for me and my 'date' at a four-star Italian restaurant, which, I was not happy about. I like food, but Italian was my LEAST favorite to eat. Personally, I think that tomatoes should NEVER be cooked, EVER. Grhehehe... Makes me shiver just thinking about them...

    The 'date' was scheduled at 6:00 PM, but I was never one to be even one second late; so I ended up getting there about 5:30, giving me plenty of time to look at the menu and see if there was something I could manage to eat. Yes! They had Fettuccine Alfredo! Score! I would've punched the air at my victory, but didn't because the restaurant had a 'fancy-smancy' aura about it which felt a bit intimidating. The thing about that is, even though I was born in America, I never ACTUALLY lived in any sort of fancy city before, just the country-side of Georgia full of thick-accented people that were dubbed 'red-necks'. We did have family trips to Atlanta every summer, but even then we only went into places that we were most comfortable in. Like Turner field, Centennial Olympic Park, or even the World Of Coca-Cola! So right now, sitting in weirdly cushioned chair while wearing one of those fancy dresses and matching heels that Heiresses wear in K-Dramas (Andres bought it for me...) was one of the most uncomfortable moments of my life. 

   My 'date' finally showed up at 6:00 on the dot and introduced himself as Park Seungjo. He was tall in hight with straight hair that whipped over his right eye, he kept the color black except for a few streaks of red in his bangs. His eyes almost formed into cresents when he smiled, and whenever I looked at them they gave of a tough, mischievious look which was the opposite of what his personality was showing me as we talked. As time went by, we got our food and talked as we ate. Well, it was more like HE talked as we ate while I could barely even get a word in. I didn't really like that.

  His top choices of topics were his small acting career, how many friends he had, and how well he was doing in his dance class, which is how I found out he was in the same class as Andres. I guess he got bored with talking about himself because, only when I finished my food, did he start asking me questions. Another half-hour later, Seungjo paid for the both of us and tried to show how good of a gentleman he was walking me home which, thankfully, was a quiet walk.

   When we finally got back to my dorm he asked if we could have a chance to go out again. I frowned and looked down at my feet. It's not like the guy was horrible or anything, if fact he was pretty nice and he's handsome too. But, I don't know, I guess I just didn't FEEL anything about him, ya'know? I was about to reject him, but he spoke up first.

  "Look, I know we just met and this wasn't a very good date, but, only if you want to, can you give me a chance?" I was still looking at my shoes so I couldn't see what expression was on his face, but something in his tone made me think again. What would happen if I agreed? Would we be a couple? If we went on more dates and spent more time together, would I start feeling something for him? Truthfully, I wanted to find out.

  "Ok... I'll try" I said, still looking down.

  "Really?! Yes! Thank you so much!" He gave me a quick hug and when he pulled back, I finally got the guts to look him in the eye. From the tone in his voice, I thought I would see glee and excitement in his dark irises, but what I saw instead made me feel horror and recognition.

  "I promise, you won't regret this! I'll make sure you're happy!" His smile was different as his tone, it didn't reach his eyes which were full of cockiness and confidence. But that wasn't what had shook me up. He gave me a quick kiss on my hand and then left me at my dorm's front door. I went in and tried to quietly get ready for bed since Gwen was already sleeping.

   When I finally slid into my covers I thought about what I saw earlier. Other than the cockiness and confidence, Seungjo's eyes also had a strong gleam in them, like he was trying to manipulate someone. That someone being me. I had seen similar eyes on another person that also promised that he'd do anything to make me happy, in return, I just had to be a good girl and do what he told me to do. But, in the end, he left and a quarter of my heart turned into Ice.

  I sighed in frustration and ruffled my hair. Maybe I was taking this too seriously. He was still just a stranger, so maybe there was more to him than what I saw today. I decided to stop worrying and think of something else. At first it was just random things to help me sleep, like kittens, clouds, Super Junior, and so on until a pair of dark, curious eyes came up. They were of the masked guy who looked at me in Macdonald's last week. For some reason I could never forget about them. Heck, I've even drawn them a few times in my sketch book. They never left my mind, but at that moment, I didn't care. In fact, I was happy they were there, because their warm gaze helped me fall asleep.

 


    As time passed by Seungjo asked me out on a few more 'dates', and it took me a week and a half to get used to him before I finally agreed to be his official 'girlfriend'. Yeah, i'm making it out to be that I'm not happy about that, truthfully it was kinda uncomfortable, but at least I was trying, right? Plus, I found some things that I liked about him, like his sense of humor. On our third date he finally got me to laugh by telling me a funny story that happened to him on his first day of High School, and later on he challenged me to a water bottle drinking contest, which, I won while he choked a bit and had water coming out of his nose. When our third week anniversity came, I was actually starting to enjoy having him around but I didn't allow any skin-ship like holding hands or kissing, I wasn't comfortable with that yet. I still don't know if I had any really romantic feelings towards him either, but at least it was a start. Right? 

   We had only been dating for about a month when the day finally came for Super Junior to have their comeback. Maya and Ben had bought the tickets for Music Bank online and all five of us were walking to our destination, the KBS studio. 

  "Oh My Gosh, this is gonna be so awesome!" Maya screamed, jumping up and down in front of us as we walked. I screamed with her while waving my Super Junior concert light stick that I had bought online years ago. "I know! I'm soooooooo excited! I can't believe I finally get to see my SuJu-oppadeul live on stage!"

  I felt like I was gonna cry. I was finally gonna be able to see my heroes and role models after so many years of being their fan. Nothing could make me feel down today.

  "Hey, why didn't you invite your boyfriend to come with us? I'm sure he would've loved to come." Gwen asked me while raising her eyebrow. She had met Seungjo a few weeks ago and I had a feeling she didn't like him and was only putting up with him for my sake. I couldn't blame her, it did take some time to get used to him.

  "I texted him before Maya and Ben got the tickets asking if he wanted to go to a concert with us, but he refused because he had to write a report for his History class." I got my phone out and showed her the text conversation.

  "Hmmm... Ok...." she nodded in deep thought and looked away as I put my phone back in my pocket. When we finally got to the KBS studio, we took our place in line and waited again until the line started moving, indicating that we were allowed to go to our seats. The show wasn't supposed to start for another hour so Maya, Gwen and I decided to look to see if they were selling any Kpop merchendise while Ben and Andres stayed behind to save our seats.

  "Hmmm.... I think I saw one over there earlier." Gwen pointed to our left and led us to a small store inside the huge building. While looking through the stores window I could pinpoint where the Super Junior merch was. I smiled excitedly as we made our way towards the door. The inside was much bigger than I thought and held so much stuff for both Boygroups and Girlgroups, there was even some stuff with the MC's faces on them.But I didn't care about all that, I just came for Super Junior.

   I was about to take another step in when I heard a familiar voice laughing along with a non-familiar voice.

   "kekekeke! Yeobo, that looks so cute on you!" The familiar voice exclaimed. "You're even prettier than all the girls in SNSD!" 

 "Awww! Oppa, stop it! You're making me embarrassed!"

    When I turned to where the voices where coming from, I didn't even gasp. For the past month, I was secretly expecting this to happen. Did I want it to happen? Heck no! I wished my suspicions were going to be wrong. Instead, they were always right, even when 'that person' left, my suspicions never faltered.

  For a while, I didn't do anything. My eyes just kept on watching as Seungjo laughed and hugged a girl that I didn't recognize. She also laughed at hugged him back.

 "Pacey? What's up? See something you like?" Maya walked up to me but I didn't respond to her as I watch Seungjo kiss the girl next to him. When she finally followed my line of sight her eyes widened and gaped in shock. "Or maybe something you hate...?"

   Gwen came over to see what was up and had the almost same reaction as Maya, but instead of shock, her eyes widened with anger. My own face was still just blank. I didn't really know how to react. Even when he finally looked our way and met my eyes; I didn't react. I just watched as his face when from happy to full on suprise when he saw me. Without a second thought he quickly whispered something in the girl's ear, who nodded and walked way towards the check-out counter, then started making his way to us. His face then calmed down as he plastered on one of his fake smiles while raising up his hand to greet us. But before he could say a word, I decide that I had both seen and had enough, so I walked past him and out of the store, not even looking back.


Hanbin's POV:

   "Ya! Kim Donghyuk! You're totally cheating!" Junhoe yelled while glaring at the other, demanding to see his cards to see if he was lying about not having any 3's. 

  "I am not! You just at Go Fish!" Donghyuk glared back. I hopelessly watched as Jinhwan-hyung finally came over to try and stop their bickering, but ended up just confiscating their playing cards.

  "You guys can have these back when you learn to play nicely with each other."

"Awww. But Hyung, we're bored!" Junhoe complained. We all lounging in the KBS studio waiting room waiting for both the recording to start and our turn to perform, which was in the later half of Music Bank. After the goodbye stage of our last comeback last week, Mr. Yang said our fans deserved a repackaged album comeback, so that's why we were here. Having a comeback the same EXACT time as Super Junior-sunbaenims. I don't know why, but that thought still erked me with a little jelousy. Before I knew it, I started thinking about Pacey.

  Grrrr! Stop it B.I! It's not like you're gonna see her again so just forget about her! I started shaking my head back and forth quickly as if it would help me to forget about the girl from Macdonald's. 

  "Hey, you ok?" I looked up to see Bobby-hyung and everyone else looking at me like I had gone crazy. Now embarrassed, I smiled at them. "Yeah, just, anxious to get on stage."

"Yeah, same here. But I'm also bored out of my mind like those two." Bobby-hyung pointed at Junhoe and Donghyuk who were now having a staring contest and had forced poor Chanwoo to be their referee. After a while of watching them he suddenly jumped up with a huge grin on his face.

 "I know! Why don't we all play a game to pass the time!"

 That bought the other's attention, even mine. Truthfully, I was pretty bored too. After talking a bit, we ended up playing an ultimate 'rock-paper-scissor' tornament, where the winner gets to give the loser a mission to complete, and they have to complete it before we go on stage. We all sat in a circle for round 1.

"Rock-Paper-Scissors!" We all shouted and waved our fists up and down with a beat. Then we stopped and looked at the result, Six of us had chosen to use 'rock' while Donghyuk was the only one to use 'Paper'.

 "Hehehe. I win over all!" Donghyuk yelled in victory as the rest of us groaned. That means the rest of us had to battle it out for the loser. We kept playing and one by one a member would win and be evicted from getting the punishment. Finally it was the last round which had me up against Yunhyeong-hyung. We stared at each other, neither of us wanting to do whatever Donghyuk had planned in his mind. We slowely raised our fists and screamed the words "Rock-Paper-Scissors!". When we stopped to look at the result, I couldn't believe it. I knew I should've stayed with rock...

  I groaned and rolled onto my back dramaticly while Yunhyeong-hyung grinned, holding up his two fingers in a cutting-like motion. "Sorry, Hanbin."

   I pouted at him and then looked at Donghyuk. "Ok, what do you want me to do...?" 

  He smirked and the next thing I know, I'm standing in the KBS lobby surrounded by Kpop fans and wearing a Miss A hoodie (That was PINK by the way....), a red SNSD beanie and mask. The members had forced me to wear them, saying that it was a sort of camouflage while I was in the danger zone. Despite sticking out like a sore thumb because of the pink, no one was actually looking at me. Huh. Well that's interesting. 

   The only reason why I was out here was because Donghyuk said I had to go to the Merchandice store, buy my own merch. (has to be more than one thing...), give them to a girl I thought was cute, and then take a picture of her holding them as proof. So, without hesitation, I sprinted to the store and quickly found the Ikon merch., still super suprised that no one's noticed me yet. Specially the two girls standing next to me fan-girling over Yunhyeong-hyung and Bobby-hyung pillows. I looked at all the stuff that had either my name or my face on it. I guess giving the girl something to wear and something to hold would be the easiest suggestion, so I chose a pair of lensless B.I glasses and a pillow with my face on it and quickly went to the counter to pay for it.

Even the lady at the register didn't recognize me as she put the merch. in a bag and held it out. "For you're girlfriend? I'm guessing?" She smiled while raising a brow. I looked down, embarrassed, and took the bag. "Uhhh... Yeah. She's a big Ikon B.I fan..."

   She nodded in understanding. "Well, I hope she like her gift! Please come again soon!" I bowed to her and was about to leave when I accidentally bumped into someone.

 "Ow! Hey watch where you're going!" The girl complained, rubbing her arm.

  "Sorry." I appologized, then froze when I saw her face, which brought me back to that night at Macdonald's a month ago. I didn't really know her name, but I was one hundred percent sure she was one of the friends in that group of foriegners. And if she was here, then that might mean...

  I looked around. It didn't even take me half a minute before I spotted her. She was standing closer to the door, wearing a bright blue tank top (that had a pattern of cats on it.), a dark blue Super Junior jacket, dark jeans, and purple sneakers. Her purple and brown hair hung loosely around her body while she carried a blue Super Junior backpack on her back. Pacey...

   I could see a shimmering gleam of happiness as she looked at the store's Super Junior merch. and was about to head towards it. But then something else caught her attention and she stopped. I kept on watching as she turned her head the other direction and the smile on her face disapeared. I followed her line of sight to see a couple standing not too far away looking at hair bands. It wasn't long before her two other friends came over, saw what she saw, and had both looks of shock and anger, but Pacey's face was blank. I couldn't read it.

   I watched some more as the guy shooed the girl away, giving her money for the hair band, and then walked towards Pacey and her friends. But before he could get there, Pacey walked passed him and out the door. Leaving the guy stunned and with what looked like two, very angry, girls glaring at him.

   I didn't wait to see what happened next, I just started running out the door, trying to catch up to Pacey. Even though the expression I saw on her was blank and emotionless, I couldn't get rid of the nagging feeling that told me she was hurt in some way; which made me feel worried. Why was I worried about a girl that I hardly know? I don't know, so I'm gonna find out.

  I kept on running and stopped when I saw her again. She was close to the front exit doors looking up at a Super Junior poster. Well, now that I found her, how do I talk to her? I went over different scenarios in my head. I could 'accidentally' bump into her. No, that would be a bit rude. Oh! I could pretend to give her something she dropped! No Pabo! How would that even work!

   I don't have the time for this, let's just do this like any normal guy SHOULD do. By telling the truth.

 Or, at least. half of it.

Slowely, I approached the girl who was actually only a few centimeters shorter than me, and tapped her shoulder. When I got her attention and she turned her head towards me. My eyes widened a bit when I saw small tears streaming down her cheeks. I don't think she knew she was crying because her voice came out perfectly fine. "Can I help you?"

    "Ummm.... I know this might not be any on my buisness, but, are you ok?" I deepened my voice a bit just in case she might recongnize it. She gave me a confused look until I gestured at my hidden face, indicating that she was crying. Her hand then came up to her cheeks and she finally felt how wet they were.

  "Omo! How embarrassing!" She used the back of her hands to try and wipe them away as much as possible. "I'm sorry, but yes. I'm fine. Just something I expected and yet didn't expect happened a while ago, so I guess I'm in shock." She laughed dryly.

  "Would you like to talk about it? I know I'm a stranger and all, but I not one to leave a sad girl all by herself right when there's a fun concert that's about to happen." I mentally slapped myself after I said that. Wow. Where the heck did THAT come from, Hanbin? Creeper much?

   She gave me a hesitant look. "Well, it's a pretty long story..." She warned. But that didn't phase me.

  "I've got the time." Which was true, the show still had about an hour till it started. She studied my face, which was still hidden by the mask, for a bit. Looking only at my eyes. "Wait, by any chance, did you happen to go to Macdonald's about a month ago and had one of your friends bump into two foriegn guys?" 

  Wait. She remembered me? My eyes widened in shock, which she immidiatly took as a 'yes'. "I KNEW you looked familiar! Haha!"

 Her sudden smile brought me out of my shock and softened my heart. I crossed my arms. "Ok, truthfully, I remember you too. But how could you remember me with my face hidden like this?" 

  Her face got red really quickly and she looked away. I laughed a little and decided to let it go, for now. Instead, I led her to an unoccupied bench and sat down. That's when she started telling me her story of how her best friend made her go on a blind date with a guy who later became her boyfriend. She explained how she was always hesitent about dating, but she wanted to change that, so she tried to best to open up to her boyfriend little by little. My heart grew heavy when she got to the part where she found him kissing another girl back in the merchandice shop. So that's why. 

   Now I was ticked. If I ever see that prick again I'm gonna make him regret what he did. Before I could think any more angry thoughts, I heard Pacey sniff. Looking down at her, I could see she was trying hard not to start crying again. But her efforts betrayed her as one tear slid down her cheek. Without thinking, I raised my hand and wiped it off. She blushed a bit in confusement as I quickly looked away. "I don't know how much hurt you're feeling right now, and I don't know if he's really a guy that you have to cry about."

   When I looked at her this time, I only look at her eyes. I was right, they were even prettier up close. Actually, they were beautiful. 

  "But what I DO know, is that he's a real A** for making a girl as amazing and pretty as you, cry." 

  That's when she started smiling again which made my heart melt a bit. Hey, I even got her to laugh! "Hehe. Yeah. He is, isn't he?" 

 A while later we both noticed that the show was about to start, so I walked her back to the door that led to her seating unit. 

  "Thanks for taking the time to listen to me." She grinned as I nodded. 

 "No prob. Happy to help." I was gonna give her a sort of salute when I felt the weight of the bag from the merch. shop. Oh no. The mission! 

 "Oh dear..." I whispered, but Pacey heard me. 

 "Is something wrong?" 

  I looked at her in wonder. Would she want to help me out? I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask...

 "Well, actually, the only reason why i'm out here is because I lost a bet and so they gave me a mission to do and I have to complete it before a certain group performs on today's episode of Music Bank."

"Is that why you're dressed up in this 'fanboy' get up?" She pointed at the Miss A hoodie. I sighed. "Sadely, yes. I usually like to wear darker colors."

She smirked. "I know, I remember from last time. Well, what's the mission? Maybe I can help out." 

  "Well, first off I had to buy these two things from the merch. shop..." I pulled out the pillow and glasses and held them up. "and now I have to find a girl that I thought was pretty and have her pose with them while I take her picture."

"Hmmmm. ok...." She giggled and held out her arms. "Well? Here's a girl right in front of you who you said was, and I quote, 'amazing and pretty'."

  "Yeah, I sure did. Didn't I? Does that mean you'll help me out?"

Pacey nodded. "Why not? It's the least I could do since you gave me an ear to talk to."

I grinned wide enough for her to see it behind my mask and handed her the pillow and glasses. As she put the glasses on and held the pillow out in front of her, I got out my phone and quickly snapped a few.

 "Thanks!" I said after showing her the pictures. She smiled and nodded in affirmation that they were good. She was about to hand the merch. back when I quickly refused.

 "No no. That's ok. Actually, if you want them, you can have them. I don't really want to be caught carrying them around anymore.

 "Really? Yay! It's a good thing that you met me or else you would've definatlly been carrying these around for the rest of the day."

"Is that because you have a crush on Ikon's B.I?"

  Her eyes widened in pure shock, which, to me, was super cute. "Did you overhear our conversation?"

Oh crap! quick! Think of an explination!

 I got an idea and raised my hand to scratch my head. "Well, You guys were kinda loud, so it was pretty hard not to hear snips of it every now and then..."

She hid her face with the pillow. "Ohh. how embarrassing!"

I tried to control my urge to laugh at how cute she looked, but it was hard so I asked a question instead.

 "Can I ask why you like him so much?"

 She let the pillow drom from her face as she looked up in deep thought. "Actually. I don't really know."

"Huh?"

"Well, the only reason why I knew about them in the first place was because I watched WIN: Who Is Next after hearing that the Team A who won that show was gonna debut. While watching it for the first time, I mainly focused on Team A but couldn't help but noticed that Team B was actually better than them. It wasn't until the last episode that I new Team A winning was a good thing because it might've been their last chance if they lost, while Team B was still young and had plenty more chances. I also knew I would be mad if Papa YG broke Team B up so I always made sure to look for news on Team B's progress."

She paused for a big and frowned at the thought. I almost laughed when she called Mr. Yang 'Papa YG'. I wonder if all international fans called him that.

  "When I heard that Papa YG was going to make Team B go through another survival show, I got really upset. And, to be honest, I was curious about Team B. So I re-watched all the episodes of WIN. This time my focus was on Team B. I saw how hard working and down to earth they all were. From re-watching the episodes, I got to learn all of their names and ages. I don't know if it was because I found out he was the same age as me or what, but after learning about Hanbin, I was intrigued. I wanted to know more about him and see more of him. I didn't know why. He wasn't my ideal type, which Yunhyeong-oppa is by 100%, but I don't like him the way I do Hanbin. It confuses me, ya'know?"
  I'm glad she added that last part or else I think I would've been been depressed and lashed and Yunhyeong-hyung out of jealousy for a week.

  "When Mix&Match finally started airing, I was happy when I found out it was absolute certain that he was already apart of Ikon. But also sad because he was afraid that he might lose two of the original Team B. To this very day, I wish he didn't have to go through that."

"You really do seem to like him a lot." She smiled sadly at my words.

  "Yeah, but it's not like it matters anyway."

"Why's that?"

She almost scoffed at my question. "He's never even met me before. Why would he care about my feelings for him when he doesn't even know I exist?"

 I could laugh at how Ironic and wrong she was. Instead, I said. "Who knows? Maybe you'll actually meet him someday and he'll fall head over heals in love with you."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, that day'll come when I get Junhoe to be my best friend." I smirked. That could happen too.

She looked at her phone and noticed the time. "Omo, speaking of friends, I have to go back to mine. Thanks again for lending me your ear earlier!"

I waved. "No problem. Thanks for helping me out with my mission."

She gave me another one of her pretty smiles and turned to leave. But before she could I grabbed her arm for one more question.

"Wait, I need to ask this or else it'll drive me nutts for days. But how did you recognize me despite my face being covered up?"

She thought for a bit, then asked. "Do you believe in fate?"

I got confused. "Huh?"

"Do you belive in Fate? You know, God's special path that he created for everyone of us?"

"Er, well. Yeah, I guess I kinda do. But why?"

Her eyes gave off a determined look. "How about we test it? How about the next time we see each other, I'll tell you my name and why I recognized you."

This was actually starting to sound a bit interesting. Silly, but interesting. "Ok, but what should I tell you?"

   "Whatever you want, but also your name." She held out her hand. "Deal?"

I looked at it, then took it in mine. This has got to be the most rediculous thing I've ever done. But I was doing it anyway. "Deal." 

With that, she turned back and disapeared into the croud of people waiting for the show to start. I went back to the waiting room that occupied the other Ikon members and was never so happy to finally take off that embarrassing hoodie. It's not that I don't like Miss A, but that hoodie was too much to bare.

"Soooooo, how'd it go~" Bobby-hyung eyed me, waiting for my response. Instead I took out my phone and showed them the piture I took of Pacey. 

"Nice!" Jinwhan-hyung gave me a high-five. 

"Aaaawww man!" Junhoe groaned as he and Donghyuk handed Yunhyeong-hyung some money. I raised my brow at the exchange. 

"They made bets on you." Chanwoo explained, noticing my suspiction and comfirming it. "I see..."

"You didn't bring the merch. back with you?" Bobby-hyung asked. I shook my head. "Nah, didn't need it. Turns out she's our fan, so I gave them to her as a gift."

"Woah, she didn't recognize you?" Yunhyeong-hyung was shocked and I smirked. "Yep, in fact, no one did. Your guy's 'camouflage' actually worked."

"Cool!" Donghyuk didn't even TRY to hide his amazement. "Maybe we should do this kind of stuff more often! Think of all the hidden camera pranks we could do on our fans!"

Other than the pranks, I actually agreed with him a bit. Maybe we should go out more and try to meet more people. If we do that, I might get to meet Pacey again. 

A/N: hey guys! I know this chapter is a long one. Sorry about that, but once I'm on a role, I can't stop. hehe.