Trapped

Frozen Heart


"Zitao!" Baekhyun yells as he hurries into the throne room, where Zitao is reclining on the throne with a glass of wine in his hand. He looks up when Baekhyun storms in with a face like thunder. "What were you thinking?! My brother is harmless! Call them off!" He yells, sweeping the glass of wine from his friend's hand carelessly. The glass shatters to the floor of the throne and Zitao rises to his feet, looking very pissed off. 

"Harmless?! Look at what's he done to the kingdom! I sent those soldiers because you never returned! I did it for you!" Zitao catches hold of Baekhyun's wrist and shoves him backwards. Baekhyun stumbles, shock written across his face. Anger quickly replaces it. "What, did you think a mountain would be so easy to climb?! I..." "Your horse returned riderless! What was I supposed to think?!" Zitao snarls, grabbing Baekhyun's shirt and hoisting him up to his level. "I can't lose you Baekhyun. I need you." His voice softens and he releases Baekhyun.

Baekhyun stares up at Zitao in bewilderment. "You what?" Zitao's jaw clenches and he turns around. "Never mind." Baekhyun follows him as he leaves the throne room. "You need to call them off! Yixing hyung won't be able to hold them off! They'd kill him!" Zitao jerks around. "No." He says coldly. He presses a hand to Baekhyun's chest and pushes him into the nearest room, which conveniently happens to be Yixing's bedroom. "What are you doing?" Baekhyun asks warily. Zitao curls a hand around the back of his neck and pulls him up, pressing his lips against his. 

"Zitao... Mmph!" Baekhyun gasps, hands going to clutch at Zitao's shirt. "I'm going after your brother, and I need to keep you safe." Zitao murmurs as he pulls away before slamming the door shut. Baekhyun panics when he hears the bolt slide into place. 

"Zitao!" He flings himself upon the door, beating his fists on it in fury. "Zitao, let me out!" He gasps. Outside, Zitao instructs the servants to keep watch on the door and ensure that the young prince would not go after him. He shrugs on a coat, ignoring Baekhyun's desperate cries and fastens his sword to his hip. He snatches a cross bow from one of the servants and orders for a horse to be saddled.

He would get his hands on the King, dead or alive.