Secrets 2

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her lips were as soft as I last remembered they were. I tried to pour all my emotions out through the kiss, everything that I couldn't say. But it hasn't even been long enough for me to enjoy the feeling of her lips on mine when she pulled back. I suddenly felt a pair of hands on my chest, roughly pushing me away. I was surprised by the sudden action, but I slowly opened my eyes only to see her with her left hand covering , and her eyes widened, showing a mixture of fright, shock and confusion. A couple more tears fell from her eyes which may have been caused by how long she stared at me without blinking.

I was beginning to come back to my senses and I realized what I just did. The environment felt really awkward and I panicked when I thought that I must have scared her by what I did and so the first thing I did in reflex was to lean towards her to try and explain myself, even if I didn't know how.

"J-jessica.."

I tried to reach for her but Jessica pushed her hands against the sand to create distance between herself and mine.

"I n-need to go back in my room now." Jessica turned and looked away.

"I- I can explain!" She reached for her walking stick which the medical team gave her and struggled to stand up.

"I'll help you."

"No!" I stopped my motion in the air when she held her right arm in front of me, clearly telling me not to go any nearer. "I can do this!" I painfuly watched as she limped away from me, doing her best to create as much distance from me as quickly as possible. I buried my face in my hands and let out a groan of frustration.

. What have I done?

 

I went back to my own room after a few more minutes of beating myself up while sitting through the chilly breeze. Why did I do that? I buried my head in my pillow, and I wished I could turn back time. But did I regret it? Partly yes, but partly no. She asked me who she was to me. I couldn't think of any other way to show her who she was to me, other than kissing her. That kiss spoke for more than any words could.

But what would she think of me now?

-

 

Like what Mrs. Song told us the other day, we got up early the next day, packed our things and headed out our rooms. The same bus which brought us here was ready for us to ride on again. I hopped on the bus, hoping to see the girl I've been wanting to see and talk to since last night. I barely had any sleep due to that, and I'm dying to know if she did too. I looked towards the pair of seats that we both occupied when we sat together.

It saddened me to see that she didn't sit on the seat we sat on the last time. I spotted her sitting next to another girl who was busy with her phone. It looked like they didn't even know each other, which led me to think that maybe she sat next to a random person on purpose to avoid the risk of sitting next to me. Not that blame her.  

I didn't even realize that I was staring at her for too long, until my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and Yuri's number flashed on the screen. 

Yul? Why is she calling?

 

"Hello Taeng?"

"Hi Yul, how are you guys?"

"I'm fine. Yoona's... also fine." I noticed how she sped up the last part.

"How about aunt Minah?"

"To be honest, I haven't seen her for almost a week now."

"Is that so?" Hmm she might be busy with the company.

"How's the chest?" I softened my voice.

"Yoona and I are taking turns in keeping it safe, don't worry. Right now, it's under Yoona's care." I hummed. 

"By the way, why'd you call?"I now gave Yuri the chance to talk.

"I..."

"Miss me already?" I snickered.

"Yeah."

"Okay, no need to be too honest." I giggled and she giggled back, but I could sense her nervous sigh and I could tell that there was a deeper reason behind this phone call. "What's wrong?"

"I know that you'd just be back later, but I just thought I'd tell you something about this now." Yuri sounded so serious and I wondered what could possibly cause her to feel this way.

"What is it?"

"It's Seohyun."

"What about her?"

"She's acting a bit weird."

"How so?"

"She keeps on visiting more often"

"and?"

"She keeps on asking me weird questions, then she'd bring food almost every dinner. She keeps on having late night talks with Yoona, asking her about stuff I don't quite catch anymore that she even asked to sleep over the other night."

 "..." I stopped and sighed. "Yuri."

"Yea?"

"I think... you're just jealous."

"Jealous?! Who's jealous? Not me. No. Not even slight."

"Let's just talk about this more when I get home, okay?" I heard her sigh.

"Okay. Have a safe trip, Taeng. Bye."

I clicked the end button and soon, the screen turned black. I don't know if I'm getting her message at all, but from what I just heard, It seemed like she was just jealous. I sighed once more, closing my eyes at how she reacted.I placed my phone down and my eyes automatically looked over to the seat where Jessica was seated, but she was still staring out the window with her hat on.The rest of the ride went on smoothly and nicely, except for the fact that she didn't even look in my direction even once. Even as we got off the bus, she never looked at me.

 

 The bus stopped when we reached the company and we got off one by one. The first thing I did when I entered the lobby was to look for Jessica. Maybe I can talk to her now. I craned my neck towards every direction, trying to catch sight of a familiar figure. I spotted her next to the receptionist. Next thing I know was that I was walking towards her. 

I was about 10 meters away from her, and I sensed that she was about to turn to my direction, when a girl suddenly ran towards me.

"Tae Tae!" I turned my head to the left and was greeted by Tiffany.

 "I missed you!" She kissed my cheek and my mouth fell open because the girl 10 meters away from me, witnessed everything. I wanted to run towards her and explain about what just happened as well and tell her that it didn't mean anything but I didn't even know why Tiffany kissed me. Another thing to add to my list of explanations.

I looked at Tiffany for a couple of seconds, with my eyes saying "What was that for?" But she didn't seem to get it. 

"Let's go?" She tugged at my arm and my head turned to Jessica's location but I couldn't find her anymore. I let Tiffany drag me out the building as I felt remorseful of the wasted opportunity to speak with her. Yes, let's go home indeed.

-

Tiffany drove me home. The ride was silent and I wouldn't have it any other way. She allowed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter