Restrictions

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's POV

 

We finally arrived at home. Once Yuri opened the front door, I kicked my killer heels off and I immediately sat on the couch. What a day. I wanted to rest a bit more, but Yuri was already standing in front of me with her arms crossed, tapping her foot impatiently. I sighed and motioned for her to sit on the couch. She was ready to listen but I didn't know how and where to start.

"Tell me, Taeng..." Yuri started.

"What?"

"... did my face really change that much?" I wanted to facepalm. I don't want to break it to her, but she also has the right to know. "I mean, sure, I've been stress eating since you-know-what even happened but I don't think it's enough for her not to recog-"

"Jessica has amnesia."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Are you serious? I thought things like that only happen in movies."

"She has amnesia, Yuri. That's why she can't remember you. She can't even remember me."  Yuri thought deeply for a moment.

"So I guess removing that shard from her brain really did wipe her memories out." True. I should have prepared myself for this, but I guess I was too busy hoping she's alive that I forgot to prepare myself if she lost her memories. At least she's still alive, right? 

I didn't respond to the statement Yuri said, and it made room for another question coming from her.

"But wait, correct me if I'm wrong but all this time, I thought her surname was Jung. Why did she introduce herself as 'Jessica Hwang', then?"

A couple of seconds later, Yuri's expression changed into a shocked one, and I wondered what caused her to react that way. 

"Don't tell me she's already married!" 

"No! What the heck, Yuri!" Oh my God. Sometimes I wonder why I call her my best friend. There are just times when I don't understand how her brain functions. "Remember what I told you guys before? About Tiffany and Jessica's relationship?"

"That they're siblings?"

"Yes." I was intensely staring at her, hoping that she finally got what I wanted her to get. "So?" Ugh. I wanted to give up.

"What's Tiffany's surname?!"

"Hwa--. Oh." FINALLY. Yuri zoned out for a moment, and when she came back to her senses she took a deep breath. "Phew. At least she's not married yet." Kwon Yuri would be the death of me, I swear.

"Who's not married yet?" Yoona suddenly appeared from the kitchen, with a glass of chocolate milk she was currently drinking. I guess we were too loud. 

"Jessica."

"Oh." Yoona just took a seat on the couch next to me, when the realization finally dawned on her , which made her jump back up again. "Wait, who? Jessica unnie?!"

She looked back and forth between me and Yuri. And since Yuri was busy staring at Yoona but wasn't responding for a some reason I don't know, I took charge of the reply. "Yes. Jessica."

"She's alive?!" I sighed. I guess I have to start the story all over again.

"Hahaha you're cute." Wait, what? Yoona and I turned our heads to the grinning girl beside me, currently staring at Yoona. Our mouths were both slightly ajar at why she just suddenly blurted something like that out. She must've realized what she said, and also realized that she was staring at her too long, so she broke her grin and cleared .

"I mean umm.. you have that.." Yuri used her index finger to draw something in the air. ".. mini chocolate mustache thingy from the.. milk you were drinking." I turned my head the other way, and she was right. There was a choco mustache that formed. I saw that Yuri was about to reach to wipe it.

"Oh. sorry 'bout that." Yoona wiped it off with the back of her hand. It was funny how a small detail like that could easily be noticed by Yuri.

 

I decided to retell my story, for Yoona's sake. I told them all about what happened to me before the meeting, how I looked for the meeting room at the 5th floor, and how my first encounter with Jessica after two years, went. Yuri was excited to tell her part of the story as well, when she arrived and saw me and Jessica talking. Yoona got really sad when i revealed about the amnesia thing.

"It means she also doesn't remember me anymore. I wanna see her too, Taeyeon! You said she's blonde now. I want to see it for myself."

"I wish you could." I told her.

"Will your love story really end like that?" Yoona frowned. I know they're sad for me, but I wish they'd stop. I don't want to be back on the phase I was in 2 years ago. "Do you still have feelings for her?" I was honestly caught off-guard by her question.

"I don't think so. How about Tiffany? Isn't there like, something going on between the two of you right now?" Yuri intercepted.

"Guys, there's nothing going on between us." Yuri seemed to be a bit shocked by it, but decided not to say anything and just nodded.

"But... didn't anything trigger inside her when she saw you? I mean, you surely have made a lot of memories with her. Most movies I watched would remember even a bit when they see something or someone who once played a huge part in their life." Yuri and I nodded our heads. That made sense. So does that mean... I didn't play a big part in her life before? It made me sad.

I suddenly remembered about the activity that's going to be held next week. I took the piece of paper out of my handbag and held it in front of me for the two girls to see properly.

-----------

What: Team building activity

Why: To enhance one's skills in working with a group of people more effectively.

When: May 30-June 1

Where: Venue would be announced on the day of the event. Everyone is expected to gather in the lobby of D.C. (Disneyland Corp.) and will be taken to the venue by bus.

Below are the things you need to bring for next week:

****

****

****

-----------

 

"That seems interesting."

"I agree."

"Hey, you know... you could use this chance to be closer to her."

"You're right."

"Maybe she'd remember about her past through this activity."

Actually, it was Yoona and Yuri who were talking. I didn't even respond once but they seem to be enjoying so I let them. The knock which came from the other side of the front door caused the three of us to look up.

"I'll get it." Yoona volunteered. She set her glass down on the table and opened the door.

"Hi." Seohyun showed a shy smile.

"Hi Seohyun!"

"I brought ice cream for you guys."

"Really? Waaah! You shouldn't have bothered, but thank you so much. Come on in." Yoona sat on the other couch, and Seohyun sat next to her. The latter started distributing the ice creams to each one of us, and we gladly accepted and thanked her. She first gave one to Yuri, to me, then to Yoona. 

"I hope you like strawberry flavor, Yoona." Seohyun shyly said.

"Mint choco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter