What happened?

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon ran as fast as she could. Yes, she's been running since a while ago but she was happy that Yoona found her way back to the house. She was almost out of breath as she reached the final steps leading to the front door.

"Yoona!" She said as she barged in the door, gripping the knob in order to balance herself.

Yuri turned around almost immediately when she heard her friend's voice. "Taeng! Finally, you're home!"

"Where's Yoona?" Taeyeon noticed the seemingly damp towel that Yuri was holding. Yuri blinked before taking a couple of steps to the side to reveal the person she was looking for, comfortably slouching on the couch.

"Hi Taeyeon." Yoona wobbly waved at her with her eyes squinted.

"Yoona!" Taeyeon dashed towards the couch and hugged her tight once she sat by her side. "Thank goodness you're home! I've been looking everyw-"

"I missed you too. Haha" Yoona chuckled.

"What?"

"I've been waiting for you to come home. What took you so long?" Taeyeon got confused to what Yoona was saying before a certain scent invaded her nose. She detached herself from her then she looked at her closely.

"Yoona, are you drunk?"

"Who, me?" Yoona pointed at herself and laughed.

"Where have you been?"

"I.. just met someone along the way."

"Who?"

Yoona just smiled with her eyes closed.

Why did you drink? It could've been dangerous! You didn't even have anyone to accompany you back home. What if some man saw you and took advantage of you in that state?!"

"I was with someone. She's a girl. She even brought me back home." Taeyeon and Yuri exchanged glances.

"With whom??"

"Mmmm..." Yoona cutely sratched her head while furrowing her brows before she shrugged off. "Sheeosshsuus.....I can't remember."

"What?! Did she do something to you? Did she take advantage of y-"

"Hahahahaha" Taeyeon was cut off by Yoona's laugh. "cutieee" Yoona pinched her cheek.

"I'm serious, Im Yoona. This is not a joke."

Yoona pouted. "Naah I don't think so. Besides, I'm reserving my first kiss for a certain someone." 

"Yoona..."

"Why is this all about me? What about you Taeyeon? Are you and Yuri okay now?" Yoona opened her squinted eyes a little wider and looked back and forth at Taeyeon and Yuri. The 2 girls also looked at each other. She sighed when neither of the girls spoke up so she grumpily leaned forward to grab the unfinished bottle of alcohol on the coffee table.

"No no, that's enough." Yuri swiftly grabbed the bottle and placed it on the far end of the coffee table, out of Yoona's reach.

"Hey! Give it back."

"No more."

"Whyyyyyy?"

"Where did you get this anyway?? Did that girl give it to you?"

"Hahahahaha"

"Aish.." Yuri held her arm and started rubbing her skin with the damp towel. Yoona jerked her arm away.

"Hey. Don't act as if you care now."

"Yoona, stop. You're drunk." Taeyeon placed her hand on Yoona's shoulder.

"I'm not drunk. See?" She pointed at Yuri's face. "I can still remember Yuri. She's still so pretty."

Yuri girl widened her eyes in confusion. 

"If I'm really drunk, I should've forgotten the pain and I should have forgotten that I lik-"..."mmmph." Taeyeon quickly covered her cousin's mouth, knowing what she might say next. Yes, she knows now. But she didn't want her cousin to let Yuri know about it now, not when she's in a state like this, knowing that she probably would regret it once the alcohol wears off.

"Okay, that's enough. Yuri, can you help me carry her up to her room?" Yuri nodded as she left the damp towel on the table. They supported Yoona's weight until they were able to place her on the bed. 

"Wait a minute." Yuri dashed down the stairs. She went back with a basin half- filled with water and the damp towel.

"I'll just-"

"I'll do it, Yuri."

"No, I'll do it."

"Yuri, listen to me. I'll take care of her for tonight."

Yuri looked down at the basin and towel as she sighed. She then nodded and handed them over to Taeyeon. Yuri turned around and stopped by the door, giving one last look at the now-sleeping girl on the bed, before closing it completely. Taeyeon sat beside Yoona after placing the basin on the bedside table. She carefully wiped Yoona's face with the damp cloth, then her arms. She removed Yoona's shoes and socks to make her feel more comfortable.

"Yuri..." Yoona mumbled.

Taeyeon knew that her cousin has indeed fallen for her best friend. She couldn't help but feel sad knowing that her cousin might get hurt in the process. She held her hand while wiping her fingers.

"Everything will be alright, Yoong."

 

---

 

Taeyeon went down the stairs, bringing the basin and towel with her. She placed it on the dining table and sat beside Yuri, who was leaning on the back of her palms on the table.

"How is she?"

"I dunno how much alcohol she drank but one thing's for sure, she'll have a hangover once she wakes up tomorrow." Taeyeon shook her head while giggling. 

"I'm sorry, Taeng. This is my fault. I've been very reckless with my words to both you and Yoona today, and I regret every single one of them. I'm really sorry." Taeyeon met Yuri's gaze.

"I know I've never been the best person out there but...could you give me another chance to be your friend?” Yuri looked at Taeyeon nervously, scared of what or how Taeyeon might respond to her. But before she could begin thinking of the bad things, Taeyeon threw her hands around Yuri and the girl reciprocated the hug.

“Thanks Taeng.” Yuri mumbled before they both pulled out from the hug.

"Next time, don't take it out on Yoona okay? We must take care of her. Always. Do you understand?"

"Yes Commander Taeng!" Yuri gave a salute before they both giggled.

"By the way, did Yoona really get here by herself?"

Yuri's smile faltered a little before she started telling Taeyeon about what happened earlier.

 

*flashback*

Yuri took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter