Getting it Back

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon walked home with a sad face as she thought about where the object may be. 

I can't lose it.. I'm gonna find it dad, I'm gonna find it.

-

Taeyeon woke up earlier than usual the next day. She didn't want the scene that happened the day before to be repeated. She silently prepared herself a mini-breakfast, careful not to wake her relatives up and cause them to wonder why she's cooking breakfast so early.

This'll do. she prepared herself a piece of toast and a bowl of fried rice, which she made from the left over rice the day before. After that, she started cooking breakfast for her relatives. 

"Good morning Uncle." Taeyeon greeted.

"mmm." was all her uncle managed to say. But despite that, Taeyeon still managed to smile for she knows that she wouldn't get any beating from him this morning.

"Good morning Uncle!" a more cheerful greeting was heard from a girl in the front door.

"Good morning Yuri, have you had your breakfast yet? You can join us here." the uncle told Yuri.

Wow.. he's willing to share his breakfast with Yuri because of what happened yesterday but never did he offer me to eat breakfast with them... Taeyeon sighed as she heard the conversation going on in the dining room.

"Thank you uncle but I already ate breakfast.. I came to see Taeyeon." 

"Oh okay. She's probably there in the kitchen."

"Thanks uncle."

Yuri proceeded to the kitchen which was a wall away from the dining room.

"Hi Taeyeon!" Yuri waved as she approached her.

"Hi Yuri." Taeyeon greeted back. "What brought you here?"

"I was thinking you woke up late again and needed another saving moment." Yuri stucked her tongue out at Taeyeon.

"Hahaha good thing I didn't need it though."

"Hey, how was the peanut butter and jelly sandwich I made yesterday?" Yuri smiled.

p-peanut butter a-and jelly sandwich?? Taeyeon widened her eyes but luckily, Yuri was unable to notice it.

"Uumm.. it tasted really good. Thank you so much." Taeyeon crossed her fingers behind her back for lying but a part of her feels that she wasn't lying either because she tasted another sandwich that tasted exactly like what Yuri makes.

"I'm glad you liked it. Here, I brought you another one.. just in case." Yuri grinned as she handed Taeyeon another sandwich.

"Thanks Yuri." Taeyeon gladly accepted the sandwich though she still thinks about the mystery that happened yesterday.

"Umm.. Yuri... can I ask you something?"

"Yes, what is it?"

"Are you the one making these sandwiches?"

"Yes. Of course I am. Well, sometimes my mother makes them too but I always help her with it."

"Oh. then um... do you, perhaps.. sell them?"

"Hmm... my mother makes them for us during some occasions but I'm pretty certain that she doesn't sell them. Atleast not now. And as for me, I only make them when I'm in the mood to do so and share it with my relatives and some of my friends. Why'd you ask?"

"Umm... nothing."

Yuri raised an eyebrow, as if suspecting something with Taeyeon until she added 

"... I just thought that sandwiches that taste this good are meant to be known to the world", which earned her a playful slap on the arm by Yuri.

"Aww Taeng, that's so sweet of you. Haha but I'm contented with just my friends and family to taste the special sandwich made by an awesome person", Yuri proudly said as she tucked a strand of hair behing her ear.

"Yah! Don't let it all go in your head now, okay?", Taeyeon said as she ruffled Yuri's hair for it to be messy again.

"Yah!! That took an hour for me to do!" 

Taeyeon chuckled while Yuri fixed her hair again. 

"Hey, what happened to your cheek? I thought they didn't hit you today?", Yuri asked while checking Taeyeon's cheek.

"They didn't. I...just wasn't looking at where I was going and... Kinda slammed on a pole as I was turning my head.", Taeyeon tried her best not to show any sign of lying.

"Wow Taeng, you shoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter