Innocence [KenBin]

100 Themes Fanfiction Challenge

Hongbin waited impatiently for the door of the small and cold room to finally open. Jaehwan had been arrested for a murder of some CEO of some important company. Jaehwan just happened to be on the wrong place at the wrong time and became one of the suspects.

Hongbin knew from nothing when Jaehwan got arrested as he was just working at his job. However when he was almost done he got a call from his boyfriend. Jaehwan told him he had gotten arrested at the beginning of the afternoon and that he wanted to let him know sooner but couldn’t because of all the interrogatories he had to go through.

The door finally opened and Jaehwan walked in with a cop. The cop closed the door and took his place next to the door. Hongbin walked towards Jaehwan and hugged him. When he let go of the embrace he took both of Jaehwan’s hands that were cuffed.

“I’ve missed you so much.” Hongbin said as he looked Jaehwan into the eyes.
“I’ve missed you too.” Jaehwan said softly

His face looked pale and under his eyes were dark circles. It made Hongbin’s heart sink that he looked so tired and broken.

“I’m so glad they finally allowed you to visit me.” Jaehwan said. “They all treat me like a murderer here… I didn’t do it… but they don’t believe me.”

Hongbin was still holding Jaehwan’s hands and leaded him to the table with two chairs. He let Jaehwan take a seat first before he took a seat in front of his boyfriend.

“You do believe me right? You believe that I didn’t murder that man right?” Jaehwan asked desperately.
“Of course I believe you.” Hongbin said without a doubt while looking into Jaehwan’s eyes.

He always believed Jaehwan and he trusted him with all his heart. There wasn’t any moment that he doubted Jaehwan’s truth. He believed everything that Jaehwan had said and Hongbin will continue to do so.

“You’re the only one who believes me… I lost everyone close to me because of this misunderstanding…” Jaehwan said and paused a bit before he continued. “I would have lost my mind completely if it wasn’t for you… You’re the one keeping me sane. I’m so glad about that.”

Hongbin placed his hands on Jaehwan’s and made smoothing circles with his thumbs.

“It’s so scary here… I can barely sleep at night… and I just miss you so much… I wish I could see you more often than just once every 2 weeks… I want to get out of here…”

Hongbin saw that Jaehwan was about to break down as he spoke those words. Hongbin then stood up, letting go of Jaehwan’s hands and walked towards Jaehwan. He wrapped his arms around the other and pulled him into a hug full of love and care.

“I will get you out of here.” Hongbin whispered and pressed a kiss on Jaehwan’s cheek. “I will prove your innocence. Even if it would be the last thing I do, I will clear your name and get you out of here.”