Seeking Solace [HyukBin]

100 Themes Fanfiction Challenge

It was past midnight when Sanghyuk woke up by his phone playing it’s ringtone of the song Can’t stop the feeling. He let out a groan before he searched for his phone with his hand. After a few seconds he felt the device behind his pillow, he then grabbed the phone and brought it to his face. Sanghyuk squeezed his eyes shut due to the bright light in the completely dark room and waited a few seconds until his eyes adjusted. Seeing that the caller was Hongbin, he answered it before placing the phone on his pillow and laid his head down next to it. Not even bothering to properly hold his phone next to his ear.

"Hyung? Why are you calling? It’s 3am…” Sanghyuk asked sleepy.
“I’m sorry Sanghyuk-ah… I just... I just ed up so much…” Hongbin said with a clear tone of sadness in his voice.
“What happened?”
“Can I come over? I… rather tell you personally… than over the phone...”
“Of course.”
“Thank you… I will see you soon…”

With that Hongbin hung up. Sanghyuk slipped out of bed, his feet touched the cold wooden floor as he rushed over to his closet and took his dark blue bathrobe and his orange warm bed socks that hung on a cloth rack. He walked back to his bed and sat down. He took his bed socks and put them on, he really liked those socks due to the fact they keep your whole feet and ankles warm instead of just till your ankles like slippers. He then took the bathrobe and put it on before he walked out of his room, towards the kitchen to prepare some Earl Grey tea.

When the water boiled he poured it into a teapot and put the teabag into the hot water. He closed the the teapot with its lid before he took two cups in his left hand and the teapot in his right, before he walked into the living room and placed it on the coffee table, The doorbell rang when Sanghyuk just walked back into the kitchen. He quickly took the sugar bowl and placed it next to the teapot before he walked towards the front door and opened it. There he faced his best friend who looked like a mess. Hongbin’s hair looked like a birds nest, his eyes were puffy and red and on his right cheek was a red print of a hand. When Sanghyuk told him to come in, he noticed that Hongbin had a big suitcase with him as well.

“I’ve prepared some Earl Grey tea. Do You wan-” Sanghyuk wasn’t able to finish his sentences, since Hongbin suddenly hugged him and began to cry softly.

Sanghyuk wrapped his arms around the older and pulled him closer. He knew something must be terribly wrong. Hongbin never cried in front of anyone, not even in front of his best friends.

"What happened?" Sanghyuk asked when Hongbin had calmed down and they realeased each other from the hug.
"My girlfriend and I broke up…” Hongbin said and took a deep breath. “She kicked me out… and you were the only one I could go to… I can’t even go to my parents… I’m too embarrassed of the ed up I’ve done.”

Sanghyuk leaded Hongbin towards his marine blue colored couch. Hongbin was the first one to sit down, while Sanghyuk poured some of the Earl Gray tea in their cups.

"What is it you have done?” Sanghyuk asked carefully as he put some sugar in his tea and sat down on the couch.
“I… I had with the best friend of my girlfriend and she got pregnant…” Hongbin said while focussing his vision on the cup of tea on the wooden coffee table. He didn’t dare to look at Sanghyuk.
“Wait… you did that? Oh my gosh…. hyung.” Sanghyuk said, but regretted the moment those words left his mouth since Hongbin began to cry again.

He couldn’t help it that those words came out. He just couldn’t believe it that Hongbin did something like that. Sanghyuk then placed his left hand on Hongbin’s knee to let him know he is there for him.

"I did… and I feel horrible… I was terribly drunk… and her best friend took advanous of me… I don’t even remember it all… last week that friend came over and told my girlfriend that… that we had … but she said that I was the one who took advantage of her… my girlfriend then demanded a DNA test and it came out today…” Hongbin said between his sobs, while his hands roamed frustratedly through his own brown hair.
“The results are positive?” Sanghyuk asked carefully.
“Yes… after that we got into a big fight, broke up and then I got kicked out…”
“And what about that best friend?”
“She wants to keep the baby… I think this some way for her to keep me with her… I knew that she has a huge crush on me… and she tried to get between my girlfriend and I since the moment we started dating… I tried to tell my girlfriend but she didn’t believe me…”

Sanghyuk didn’t really know what to say next. He just felt so sorry for his hyung that he would meet a girl who is so obsessed with him that she would do things like this to get Hongbin.

“You know, I don’t want the baby to grow up without a father figure, but I don’t want to stay with her… Sanghyuk-ah… I don’t know what I should do…” Hongbin said after a while, breaking the silence.
“It will be alright. We will figure something out. Until then you can stay over at my place.” Sanghyuk said as he pulled Hongbin into a hug. “I’m always here for you and I will pull you through this all.”

“Thank you… Thank you so much. I want you to know that I would be there for you too whenever something bad happens in your life.”