Special Chapter #3

Off-screen romance

[A/N] Hi everyone! I am back with another special chapter for my monday couple fic. So in my last chapter Gary proposed to JiHyo and I know many of you might be sad as the real Kang Gary recently got married. So I hope maybe this chapter may put your hearts in happiness. Enjoy!


[Gary's POV]

The sun was shining on my eyes and I didn't feel like waking up but then I remember something important.

Today is the day, the say where JiHyo will be mine forever <3.

The preparations over the last few months have been hectic and insane and poor JiHyo has been stressing out too much.

There's the ceremony and reception, the wedding ckae, the seating, the food for the reception, the bridesmaids and groomsmens' outfits and so much more.

I feel bad for JiHyo, she's gotten super skinny because she hasn't been eating properly lately and her mind is only focused on the wedding.

I try my best to help relieve some of her stress and burden but I am afraid I am not too good at it.

On another note, I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle later. We haven't seen each other since the say before yesterday because she is quite superstitious.

"We can't see each other before the wedding. It's bad luck!" she had exclaimed when I told her we should meet on the morning of the wedding.

Well then, time to get ready! I'm getting married in a couple of hours.


[JiHyo's POV]

I'm getting married today!

AND I AM FREAKING NERVOUS, what if something goes wrong?

I have already woken up to see myself in such a horrible state 'GAH!'. It is definitely going to be a very long day.

First things first, me and my lovely bridesmaids went to the beauty parlor to get out hair styled and our makeup to look fabulous.

The theme for our wedding was {No Monday Blues}, me and Gary-oppa decided that we should add Monday into our theme since our wedding is held on a Monday.

Once part of the Monday couple, I suppose everyday is Monday for you.

I got my hair tied into a braid/bun style and for my makeup I wanted to look as natural as possible (minus my dark circles because I look like a freakin panda so many concealer was used on my eyes)

Finally, it was time to put my dress on. I got a strapless A-line dress with a short train behind me.

When I saw myself in the mirror for the final look, I started tearing up. I have never expected that this day would approach me.

"Onni! You'll ruin your makeup," said my cousin who was one of my bridesmaids.

"Sorry, sorry! I just got too emotional for a second there."

"You are literally the prettiest bride I have ever seen so don't try to ruin it."

~20 minutes till the ceremony starts~

My bridesmaids have left to get ready and it was just me at the waiting room.

*knock knock*

"How is my beautiful daughter doing?"

"Mom! Dad!" I got up to embrace them.

"Oh my, you look so beautiful. I am jealous that you have my genes but look even more beautiful than I did when I got married to your father."

I chuckled, "Thanks mom."

"Well, my daughter is finally getting married. It felt like yesterday when I dropped you off at elementary school. Why do you grow up so fast?" said my dad.

"Daddy, you know I'll always be the same lovely daughter to you."

My mom took out a box from her handbag,

"We've got something for you."

"Mom! You shouldn't have."

She urged me to open the box quickly and when I did I was shocked. It was the star-shaped diamond necklace that my mom had always worn around her neck.

"But.. but mom, isn't this your necklace. Why are you giving it to me?"

She held my hands, "My dear daughter, it belongs to you now. It actually was your grandmother's necklace, she received it when you grandfather married her. She gave it to me when you father and I married and now it belongs to you."

"Thank you both so much, I will always love the two of you."

~5 minutes before the ceremony~

My mom left first to get seated and it was just my dad and me. 

He held my hand tightly and we just sat there is silence. This pretty much summarizes the relationship that I have with my dad, we would always support each other in silence.

As the ceremony was about to start, he asked me," You ok kiddo?"

"Dad, to be completely honest. I am super nervous."

He patted my head, "Well don't be, Just know that your mother and I are always here for you and we will always love you."

I gave my dad the biggest hug ever.


[Gary's POV]

JaeSuk-hyung was the emcee for our ceremony. Who'd better than him?

"Will all the guest rise as we welcome our lovely bride of the day."

The doors to the wedding halls opened and I was greeted with the sight of an angel from heaven. I felt like I was in love all over again.

She walked up to me at the end of the alter and I shook hands with her father.

"This is it, my boy. I am leeting you be in charge of my daughters' well-being from now. If anything were to happen to her, I will have your head," he looked at me with a serious look in his eyes and I gulped

"Dad!" exclaimed a shook JiHyo.

"I was just kidding but you have to promise me that you will treat her well."

"I promise that I will protect her with all my life sir."

He nodded and handed her hand to mine.

I whispered into her ear,"You look beautiful."

Soon after,it was time to say our vows and I started off.

"Dear Cheon Seong Im, I guess this is the part where I make promises to entice you into thinking that this is a perfect relationship. However, after knowing me for so long you know that I am flawed and definitely not perfect.

So why am I here?

I am here because I want to wake up with you in my arms and cuddle you after work.

I am here because I want you to know that I will be there for you through thick and thin.

I am here because I want to be there for you when you are feeling down.

I am here because I want to explore the world with you.

I am here because no one is perfect but in my eyes you are perfect.

I am here because you made me better and there isn't a future for me if it isn't with you.

I am here because I promised you all those years ago that I will be your personal pest control and that I will help you kill all the bugs in your way. However, my skill is only available for killing small insects.

I am here because *sniff* sorry I need a minute, I promised that I wouldn't cry."

I took a deep breathe and ended my vows,

"I am here because I love you to the moon and back."

Tears were already welding up in my eyes as I finished my vows and JiHyo was already crying.


[JiHyo's POV]

Gary-oppa's vows were so touching and it made me realized how he had felt towards me even after all these years.

"That was wonderful Gary-ah. Now JiHyo would you like to say your vows?" asked JaeSuk-oppa.

I nodded and cleared my nose for a second.

"Dear Kang Hee Gun, before I had met you my life was great."

He pouted and there was some laughter.

"But after meeting you I had realized, my life would only be perfect when I was with you.

At first, I had hesitated whether or not I should be with you but when you opened up your feelings to me on that beach all those years ago.

It made me realized that I had felt the same way towards you. 

You understand me better than I understand myslef actually and you made me a better person. 

So here are my promises towards you,

I promise to cut down the usage of swear words and destroy my image of Bad JiHyo.

I promise to be logical and kind.

I promise to always be by your side.

I promise to guard our relationship.

I promise to love you and spend eternity with you because the only person I could ever be with is you."

Applauses and cheers came from everyone.

After putting on the rings on each other,

"Do you Kang Hee Gun, take Cheon Seong Im to be your lawfully wedded wife to love her through eternity, till death to you part."

Gary looked at me with a smile he said,"I DO."

"Do you Cheon Seong Im , take Kang Hee Gun to be your lawfully wedded husband to love him through eternity, till death to you part."

With so much joy, I said I DO.

"Then by the power vested in me. I know pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the wife."

He leaned forward, took my waist and we kissed.

That kiss felt so special, it was like fireworks had lighted up in us and neither of us wanted to let go.


That night at the reception, everything turned out the way I wanted it to be.

As me and Gary sat at the main table, he held my hand and whispered," See, all your hard work and effort had paid off now let us just enjoy the night Mrs. Gary."

Hearing the words, Mrs. Gary a smile creeped onto me. It had sounded unfamiliar but it was the title that I had now. 

We belonged to each other as of today.

The funniest part of the night was when I was going to throw the bouquet, I had all the girls gather around behind me and when I did throw the bouquet, it actually landed on Jong Kook oppa's lap because he was sitting right next to where the girls were gather. 
Everyone burst out laughing and his face became a tomato.

"See, even the Gods are anxious for you to get a wife soon as well," teased Haha-oppa while laughing at him. It was the highlight of the night.

Then it came to the first dance, me and Gary had picked the song that really suit us.

"The girl who can't break up, the boy who can't leave."

As the song played and we danced on the dance floor. It was perfect.

Gary whispered to me, "JiHyo-ah, thank you for coming into my life. I am now complete thanks to you."

I looked into his eyes," I should be thankful for you to want me even when I had tried to pushed you back so many times."

We both giggled and kissed on the dance floor.

At that moment, it felt like the rest of the world was paused and only the two of us were there.

And I know in my heart, that tonight is the beginning of a brand new chapter.

I guess this is how it will be from now on,

Mr and Mrs Kang Gary ready to take on the world.


[A/N] Awwwwwwwww too bad the monday couple can't really be together but at least on this page they are and hope that they stay this way in our hearts forever <3